+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019
Hey January applicants!

A new tracking spreadsheet has been created for 2018:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit?usp=sharing

If you'd like to monitor your cohort and update for everyone please let me know and I'll grant you access. If you just want to be added to the sheet, post your information in this forum.

Hello there, can you tell me where can I see my name in this list, my application received there on April 10 2018.

Majidqta

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Quetta, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2012
IELTS Request
send with Docs
File Transfer...
13 Apr 2010
Med's Request
9 May 2012
Med's Done....
1 Jun 2012 Re-medical 3 Jul 13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
4 Oct 2013
Got my Oath invite today, Oct 23.

Majidqta

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Quetta, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2012
IELTS Request
send with Docs
File Transfer...
13 Apr 2010
Med's Request
9 May 2012
Med's Done....
1 Jun 2012 Re-medical 3 Jul 13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
4 Oct 2013
How long did you wait from the time you passed the and from the time status change to “Decision Made” ?
Almost 4 weeks after DM

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Pande You have cleared stage 1 which is very crucial since this is the stage where applications considered incomplete are returned and again one needs to resend and land back in the waiting queue. Next stage is in process where background checks, criminal checks etc are conducted. Though one will get cleared here also, its important to understand that till you get your Citizenship certificate in hand many other checks will be ongoing. If you have a LINKEDIN account see that every thing on profile does not have any mismatch with declared information. They do check your other social media engagements.
Hi
I'm impressed with your detailed answer
Please allow me to ask you , normally how long they take on background checks, I sent police certificate from my country... so they will verify and country like India ,Pakistan, UK,US
Please guide me on above

Kittyz

Jan 8, 2013
Hi, I am May 2018 applicant, and cleared my interview test on July 2019. During the interview, officer asked me to translate passport stamping from Arabic to English (even though this was outside 5 years period). I have submitted the translation in the same month, but have been waiting for update since then. I have sent case specific query multiple times, but only response is that application is still in process.

I am not sure how long this is gonna take, or if there is anything else i could do? please advise.
If someone is in similar situation, please let me know.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hi, I am May 2018 applicant, and cleared my interview test on July 2019. During the interview, officer asked me to translate passport stamping from Arabic to English (even though this was outside 5 years period). I have submitted the translation in the same month, but have been waiting for update since then. I have sent case specific query multiple times, but only response is that application is still in process.

I am not sure how long this is gonna take, or if there is anything else i could do? please advise.

Step 1: Send case specific web inquiry
Step 2: Contact MP office and have them send the request to IRCC
Step 3: Hire a lawyer and file for Mandamus application in FC.

If you have a lot of money laying around, my advice is to goto step 3 directly. Good luck!

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019

Hi
Was your application on H n C ground or refugee?

Kittyz

Jan 8, 2013
Step 1: Send case specific web inquiry
Step 2: Contact MP office and have them send the request to IRCC
Step 3: Hire a lawyer and file for Mandamus application in FC.

If you have a lot of money laying around, my advice is to goto step 3 directly. Good luck!
yes, sent case specific web inquiry atleast 2-3 times, but same response that application is in process.

I have relocated to US 6 months back, and hope that doesn't impact my citizenship application.
Could you please let me know how to contact MP office?

Thanks for your suggestion.