+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
That's good news, now keep a look out within 24 to 48 hours status is updated on CIC application status website.
it's been 2 weeks since i attended the Test .. No change in status (IP). Though i am patient and signed up for email updates, still addicted to check the status daily :)

May be i have to call them or fill in IRCC form .. Any thoughts friends ?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
it's been 2 weeks since i attended the Test .. No change in status (IP). Though i am patient and signed up for email updates, still addicted to check the status daily :)

May be i have to call them or fill in IRCC form .. Any thoughts friends ?
No need to call unless you haven't heard from them in many weeks. Totally depends on office and officer. Sometimes people get decision made and then wait for months for the oath. Other times, people don't get decision made for a while, but then they get decision made and oath invite on the same day.

The golden rule of ECAS is: Unless you get an email from the system, only go there once a week. From own experience, I can tell you that this has very positive effects on your mental state, instead of checking every day :)

Reactions: sujamana

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Hi,

2 business days are requied for the passeport application after the ceremony.
Does it mean we have to apply on the third day after the ceremony or the second day is ok? For those who completed the process when did you go to the passeport office ?
My oath was on a Saturday morning, ECAS changed to "Complete" on Sunday, and I was at the passport office at 8:30am PST on the Monday morning had no issues at all. Technically, I didn't even wait 2 business minutes!

From my anecdotal experience and from a few others I've seen say similar, basically once your ECAS says complete, you can go to the passport office. If you're worried about wasting your time, wait the two days like they say, but it seems that "complete" means your info is in the system and you're good to go.

Reactions: Tipika1

cool.flaver

Aug 26, 2017
No need to call unless you haven't heard from them in many weeks. Totally depends on office and officer. Sometimes people get decision made and then wait for months for the oath. Other times, people don't get decision made for a while, but then they get decision made and oath invite on the same day.

The golden rule of ECAS is: Unless you get an email from the system, only go there once a week. From own experience, I can tell you that this has very positive effects on your mental state, instead of checking every day :)
Nobody knows what is going on in back of the scene. My case status shows DM after the test/interview from July 5 2018 and the officer told me you will get the oath ceremony in Dec 18 or Jan 19 but no oath invitation yet! I have contacted many times, they say everything is OK and you are in queue to be booked for Ceremony (in queue from two months ago) but I feel this an endless queue for my case, so upset ...

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010

Hmm... But i like your positive approach of checking the ECAS. :) Thanks...

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Nobody knows what is going on in back of the scene. My case status shows DM after the test/interview from July 5 2018 and the officer told me you will get the oath ceremony in Dec 18 or Jan 19 but no oath invitation yet! I have contacted many times, they say everything is OK and you are in queue to be booked for Ceremony (in queue from two months ago) but I feel this an endless queue for my case, so upset ...
Thanks

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
This is a total s#!t show going on. I can bet they do a daily draw and randomly call people for tests/oaths. Some people are lucky and get test/oaths done in a couple of months and some are waiting for more than an year.

HDPR

Jan 5, 2014
ID: HDPR
App type: Family (2)

App Sent: Jan.5, 2018
App. Delivered : January 9, 2018
AOR: February 13, 2018
IP: March 21, 2018

No update till date. Me & wife called the call center to check what going on and they informed everything is good and now we have to wait for the test date and the agent asked to call again if we dont receive any update by 9th January 2019 (which will be 1 year)

Updates: 10th January 2019
Called CIC on 9th January and was informed that a note has been sent to Mississauga processing office to check whats the status!!!

Updates: 18th January 2019
Again called CIC to check if there any update from the processing office, but as the answer was NO!! So the agent asked us to call by end of January if we still do not get any communication and then they will again put a note on file to check with processing office, so I have no clue on the status... this is frustrating.....

Updates: 9th Feb 2019
Still no update on the test invitation or date.....will complete 13 months in few days!!!

Update:
Finally got the test date request today - Date-27th Feb 2019......after 13 months and 5 days of waiting

Update:
27th Feb 2019 - Today cleared my Test at Mississauga Center and should get Oath ceremony within 4 to 5 weeks !!!
Wishing everyone All the best !!! I hope soon everyone gets good news!!!!

Reactions: Nessasary

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi everyone. I've asked this question on other discussion threads so sorry for the redundancy if you have seen this message already: Does anyone have any insight regarding the guest limit for the Oath Ceremony in Mississauga specifically. This information is not in the invite letter and I cannot find a specific answer on this forum. Thanks in advance.

xxx00id

Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone. I've asked this question on other discussion threads so sorry for the redundancy if you have seen this message already: Does anyone have any insight regarding the guest limit for the Oath Ceremony in Mississauga specifically. This information is not in the invite letter and I cannot find a specific answer on this forum. Thanks in advance.
we attended an Oath in Missississauga for one of my relatives, one oath taker and 5 guests :)
i do not recall anyone from the organizers monitoring the guest for each oath taker... worth to mention that they were tooooo strict with kids and noise and any noising kid is asked to go attend outside (through video feed) with a parent

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
we attended an Oath in Missississauga for one of my relatives, one oath taker and 5 guests :)
i do not recall anyone from the organizers monitoring the guest for each oath taker... worth to mention that they were tooooo strict with kids and noise and any noising kid is asked to go attend outside (through video feed) with a parent
Thank you for your response! and congratulations!

ovling

Mar 10, 2018
Hi everybody,

Can you please add me to the table:
ID: ovling
Application type: Family (4)
Application sent: October 21, 2018
Application delivered: October 24, 2018
AOR: January 11, 2019
In process ECAS: January 28, 2019
Test invite date: February 28, 2019
Test date: April 25, 2019

Good luck everybody with your progress!

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everybody,

Can you please add me to the table:
ID: ovling
Application type: Family (4)
Application sent: October 21, 2018
Application delivered: October 24, 2018
AOR: January 11, 2019
In process ECAS: January 28, 2019
Test invite date: February 28, 2019
Test date: April 25, 2019

Good luck everybody with your progress!
Please post to this thread your time line as you are October 2018 applicant! Thank you!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2018-citizenship-applicants.586428/

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi All

I had my MP look into my case file for me and apparently I have passed criminality verifications as well as security verifications (it notes currently valid)

They go on however to outline that my immigration verifications have not yet been initiated.

Does anyone know what this means? / How long once initiated is that process going to take?