4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a query. Can anyone help me understand when do we need to surrender our home country passport? Is it before oath ceremony or after?
If we take the oath, are we considered as Citizen right there or until we get passport?

The reason I am asking this is I need to travel around the time of oath ceremony to my home country. I am wondering if I can travel on my home country passport if I already took the oath.

Please advise.

Thank you

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I have a query. Can anyone help me understand when do we need to surrender our home country passport? Is it before oath ceremony or after?
If we take the oath, are we considered as Citizen right there or until we get passport?

The reason I am asking this is I need to travel around the time of oath ceremony to my home country. I am wondering if I can travel on my home country passport if I already took the oath.

Please advise.

Thank you
You can travel for 3 months after getting your Canadian citizenship (oath).

Check below

http://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/eoi.php?id=surrender_certificate

Reactions: avatar111

arunmanian

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Hello Everyone,

Please advise.

Thank you
I am assuming your home country is India, based on this assumption you can and cannot, I had a phone conversation with Toronto CGI official vice consul. According to him you can use Indian passport to reach India, however the entry stamp will be on Indian Passport, upon exit from India assuming you are heading back to Canada on the same Indian passport you will need either a Visa or PR card to prove your residency status at Indian immigration. Grace period of 3 months is a very well laid catch. For further understanding reach out to consul officials, email id is available on the website and they respond back with your queries. Thank you!

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
After a long wait just received TEST invite.

Admin please update sheet:

TEST DATE: FEBRUARY 9th,2019
TEST LOCATION: Scarborough

Reactions: Mpraja

GreenBird

Jan 25, 2019
Hi everyone, please add me to the sheet

Application Sent: Jan 22, 2018
Application Received: Jan 24, 2018
Physical Presence: 1351
App Type: Family of 2
App City: Guelph, ON
AOR: Feb 23, 2018
IP: April 10, 2018
Test Invite: Jan 10, 2019
Test Date: Jan 24, 2019
Decision Made: Jan 25, 2019
Ceremony invitation: -
Ceremony date: -

Reactions: drjafs

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hello everyone, i’m a 2018 January applicant, My application has been in process since March, that same month I got a letter that said they have sent my application to a special case and that will cause a delay.When I called them the officer said it was because of my name change. I recently got my new PR with my new name and it’s updated in status, I just wanted to know if anyone knows what is a special case, Thanks
Hi
Have you heard anything yet???

Nawal123

Jan 2, 2019
Hi Mpraja I remember we have same situation name change , still haven’t heard anything , just finished a year January 18 .

volee

Jul 23, 2015
Just got decision made today, my test/interview location was Scarborough

AOR: Jan 2, 2018
IP: March 21
Test: Nov 22
DM: Jan 21, 2019
I have pretty much the same timeline as you, with same test date and same location as Scarborough. I got DM two days after test. However i am still waiting for oath letter. Hopefully we get ours soon!

Reactions: Irisl