+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed my test today. I scored 20 out of 20. The officer said everything was good and the next will be a ceremony letter.

Jaddaher

Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Interview........
VOID
Passport Req..
11-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-07-2014
Hello everyone,

Well, that was really fast for me I didn't even expect it!
I just received the long-awaited letter...
Letter received: August 14th, 2018 at 17:08
The oath will be August 29th, 2018 at 13:00

Thank you!

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My status has been updated to Decision Made today. Yesterday was my test where I scored 20 out of 20

Gavi.asr

Aug 15, 2018
Hi everyone,
I got the fingerprint request on July 23rd from cic and I did send my fingerprints the same day but then I called cic today they haven't received it yet
I'm just wondering if somebody else also has done his fingerprints and cic hasn't received it yet

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Just got of the phone with IRCC o_O(yes i got thru...surprise surprise)...got standard reply all is good with your application we just wait for test invite! How much longer :mad:? Mississauga is sooooooo slow.

TESTV

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Just got of the phone with IRCC o_O(yes i got thru...surprise surprise)...got standard reply all is good with your application we just wait for test invite! How much longer :mad:? Mississauga is sooooooo slow.
im in the same boat. been in IP since march...

maycb

Jun 8, 2018
have a quick question. I have received my invitation ceremony today on the 14 of September. My question is, is it possible to change the schedule earlier than that date as I have to go outside Canada on the 13th of September?

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi everyone,
I got the fingerprint request on July 23rd from CIC and I did send my fingerprints the same day but then I called CIC today they haven't received it yet
I'm just wondering if somebody else also has done his fingerprints and CIC hasn't received it yet
That's strange. I got my FP request on August the 9th and did my FP on the same day. It usually takes a few days. Did RCMP give you a letter with the details on who you could call and confirm regarding your FP being submitted to the immigration?

Admin please update my record in the excel sheet with my FP dates. I had requested earlier, but I guess it got missed somehow. Thanks.

Last edited:

HADA

Aug 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am a new member here and I following up on my wife's citizenship application. She had applied in last January and FP requested on May 24th and she did 4 days later, and hear nothing after such as most of you. I am from Calgary.
I am checking the tracking sheet everyday and I see that some November and December 2017 guys still stuck in IN PROCESS for almost 10 months while there's some people received test invitation and they applied in March 2018, I am talking here on Calgary applicants only.

it seems unrealistic issues happening; is it officer issue? or clearance check? as my wife's file very straight forward and comparing this with my process almost 2 years ago looks ridicules.
I know it's double applications now but if we multiplied my application processing time by two it shouldn't be this long and application fee is $630 to finalize the application faster than it was before 2015.
Also, my neighbour has applied in February and her test on August 30

If anyone from Calgary January applicants not updated his/her status please do. and If there's any comment can help please reply.

JP1981

Dec 2, 2008
Hi HADA, i am a Calgary Applicant applied in January and my application has been in process since 07th of March. I called IRCC and was told all my background checks were done and all good in March but i am still waiting for the test invite.

HADA

Aug 15, 2018
Hi HADA, i am a Calgary Applicant applied in January and my application has been in process since 07th of March. I called IRCC and was told all my background checks were done and all good in March but i am still waiting for the test invite.
Thank you JP1981 for your reply and hope to see test invitation soon to whoever didn't receive it yet.

msamiullah

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am a new member here and I following up on my wife's citizenship application. She had applied in last January and FP requested on May 24th and she did 4 days later, and hear nothing after such as most of you. I am from Calgary.
I am checking the tracking sheet everyday and I see that some November and December 2017 guys still stuck in IN PROCESS for almost 10 months while there's some people received test invitation and they applied in March 2018, I am talking here on Calgary applicants only.

it seems unrealistic issues happening; is it officer issue? or clearance check? as my wife's file very straight forward and comparing this with my process almost 2 years ago looks ridicules.
I know it's double applications now but if we multiplied my application processing time by two it shouldn't be this long and application fee is $630 to finalize the application faster than it was before 2015.
Also, my neighbour has applied in February and her test on August 30

If anyone from Calgary January applicants not updated his/her status please do. and If there's any comment can help please reply.
I am from Calgary as well applied in Jan and in IP since mid of April. Looks like Calgary is been very slow

sandyboy388

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
Doc's Request.
24-08-2012
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-12-2012
Med's Done....
11-12-2012 done, received on 24-12-2012 and ecas updated 11-02-2013
Passport Req..
DM: April 25th and PPR: May 2nd
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
I am from Calgary as well applied in Jan and in IP since mid of April. Looks like Calgary is been very slow
It's slow (more like processing a lot of applications) pretty much everywhere I guess. Mine's been in IP since March. All I know is it's being processed at Surrey.

moepoona

Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please update

ID : Moepoona
Test Invite received on 6th july , test on 8th august - already done