+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
i dont think there is any such guarantee that application will be processed in 12 months. that is just an average number of months taken by 80% applicants. as more people submit their applications this will increase. The way things are moving this is bound to increase to 18 or 24 months very soon. the only reason applications were quicker before was because of the change from 3 to 4 year residency requirements a couple of years ago. before that it was common to take 2 years to get citizenship. i think we are gradually moving towards that. as soon as your 12 month will approach this timeline will move to 18 months.

All peps who are waiting for OATH. I think as per CIC you should be really worrying only if you haven't received the OATH letter in your 12th month after applying for citizenship.

Coz as per applications filed in 2017 there are *approximately 52% - October , 72% - November, 92% - December applicants waiting ahead of us (January applicants)

So keep calm and enjoy summer & fall.

Guys (like myself) who are anxiously waiting on Test invite shouldn't worry at all coz eventually we also fall under same 12 month processing time limit criteria.

I reached out CIC to know my application status via phone call and via web form and following is the reply I got from them in the email.

Also, both me and my partner got a common CIC servey email to be filled out y'day. I know this definitely wouldn't impact the over all processing of our application.

Email from CIC:

Good day <My Name>,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We understand your concern and we can provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

Your application is presently at the IRCC office in Scarborough Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship.

Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.

The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the estimated processing time and for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.

Furthermore, you can notify us of your period of unavailability and request that the responsible IRCC office does not schedule an appointment during this timeframe.

If your period of unavailability is expected to be:

· 2 months or more,

· Frequent or partial, or

· You have previously notified us of a period of unavailability:

o please send a letter to the IRCC office processing your file, indicating:

§ complete name and date of birth,

§ address in Canada before departure,

§ address abroad,

§ name and phone number of a contact person in Canada,

§ unavailability periods,

§ availability, if you return to Canada for a short stay during the unavailability period,

§ reasons for unavailability,

§ supporting documents regarding the situation, if applicable, and

§ signature and date the letter was signed.

The responsible office will communicate with you if they require more information or once another appointment is scheduled.

Please note that your application could be considered abandoned if you cannot attend a scheduled appointment due to a period of unavailability and/or fail to provide an acceptable explanation.

For more information, please consult the procedures for abandonment of a citizenship application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

<Agent Name>, <Agent Number>
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

ripper360

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,I'm confused.

My ecas shows this as last message
  1. We sent you correspondence on July 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Then today I get an email with my test date for Jul 30. What does this mean?

I didn't get the FP request snail mail yet and haven't provided any information back to them.

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Guys,I'm confused.

1. We sent you correspondence on July 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I didn't get the FP request snail mail yet and haven't provided any information back to them.
prepare for test and appear there.

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
Hello, my wife has already applied for Canada citizenship in Jan 2018, she updated her latest name while in the application, changed and attached ONTARIO NAME CHANGE Document. at the time of application, she had not renewed her passport, but after the application filed , now she renewed her new passport with updated name, DOES SHE NEED TO INFORM OR CONTACT CIC regarding that about new renewed passport? She has not travelled anywhere outside Canada with a newly renewed passport. Please advise us.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Guys,I'm confused.

Invitation to appear for test doesn't mean that they don't require your FP (assuming that's the notice they're referring to which was sent on Jul 5th). Both those things are separate. Appear for the test on the 30th as indicated (congratulations!) and also wait for the snail mail to arrive. It could be the FP request or something else. Who knows! The good thing is, at least you have the test invite. Good luck!

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hello, my wife has already applied for Canada citizenship in Jan 2018, she updated her latest name while in the application, changed and attached ONTARIO NAME CHANGE Document. at the time of application, she had not renewed her passport, but after the application filed , now she renewed her new passport with updated name, DOES SHE NEED TO INFORM OR CONTACT CIC regarding that about new renewed passport? She has not travelled anywhere outside Canada with a newly renewed passport. Please advise us.
Have you received your AOR? If so you can send the updated copy of passport because you must have submitted old one otherwise wait for CIC instruction.

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
Yes we
Have you received your AOR? If so you can send the updated copy of passport because you must have submitted old one otherwise wait for CIC instruction.
Recieved aor email