+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi Everyone

I have completed my test last week. And yesterday I got an email about filling out survey forum. I filled it and submitted. My status is still in process. Is there any link between this survey email and DM? Or its just random.
I think its just random. Many applicants have said on the forum that they have received these surveys!

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
It's interesting that no one from Ottawa was invited to test...

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Last edited:

thani_2003

Jun 8, 2018
GOT AN EMAIL FROM IIRC TODAY!

It was a survey about how my settlement as a permanent resident has been.

DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT! :(

I received that email too,
What they want me to write? It took them 66 month to process my PR application and now they are working for 7 month on my citizenship application. I don't have 100 year to waste waiting for their slow process.

They are

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
It's interesting that no one from Ottawa was invited to test...
Yeah that's right.. I applied in late November and by this time I was already waiting for my oath invite whereas my wife who applied in January haven't received her test invite yet. It's been almost close to 4 months her application is in process. I think it's slowed down because of summer vacation.

deep_silence

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
AOR Received.
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2012
Interview........
11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
15-07-2014
Hi Fellas!
I have observed something in tracking sheet, mostly Jan 2018 applicants who received oath letters or done it are "Single" people, no family is still invited for oath. Just observed and thought to share.
Thx.

Reactions: rinkupatel.dmj

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Please update the January spreadsheet:

BC2013 (line 83)
Test invite: July 10, 2018
Test date: July 25, 2018
Local office: Surrey, BC

Thanks.

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015

BC2013 (line 83)

Thanks.

Best of luck. My exam is also tomorrow (July 11, 2018) at Surrey BC. You never know if we might see each other in oath ceremony

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)

BC2013 (line 83)

Thanks.
Hey, congrats! That's an interesting set of dates you've got there. I got my invite on the 6th, and my test is on August 2nd (Vancouver). Yours is slightly more compressed in time between your notification and your test date. Given that the Surrey office is only 45mins by train from the Vancouver office, I wonder why they don't combine both venues for the purpose of scheduling tests?

Anyway, we should keep an eye on each other's progress because it'll be interesting to see who gets through to the Oath sooner - that would be handy for other Lower Mainland applicants to try to estimate their own timelines.

Fil-Chi-Can

Jul 11, 2018
Anybody in Kitchener here? I am a January 2018 applicant. I got my test invite in May 9th for May 24th but I am still waiting for my oath taking invite. How long do you think will I wait? DM already on my file after May 24th. Thanks

wickedprince

Jan 29, 2018
Toronto
I'm getting frustrated by the slow pace processing ,i have very limited time in this world.i sent my fingerprints 2 months ago,still stuck "in process " for the past 5 months.i expect better considering how expensive the application cost.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
All peps who are waiting for OATH. I think as per IRCC you should be really worrying only if you haven't received the OATH letter in your 12th month after applying for citizenship.

Coz as per applications filed in 2017 there are *approximately 52% - October , 72% - November, 92% - December applicants waiting ahead of us (January applicants)

So keep calm and enjoy summer & fall.

Guys (like myself) who are anxiously waiting on Test invite shouldn't worry at all coz eventually we also fall under same 12 month processing time limit criteria.

I reached out IRCC to know my application status via phone call and via web form and following is the reply I got from them in the email.

Also, both me and my partner got a common IRCC servey email to be filled out y'day. I know this definitely wouldn't impact the over all processing of our application.

Email from CIC:

Good day <My Name>,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We understand your concern and we can provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

Your application is presently at the IRCC office in Scarborough Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship.

Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.

The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the estimated processing time and for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.

Furthermore, you can notify us of your period of unavailability and request that the responsible IRCC office does not schedule an appointment during this timeframe.

If your period of unavailability is expected to be:

· 2 months or more,

· Frequent or partial, or

· You have previously notified us of a period of unavailability:

o please send a letter to the IRCC office processing your file, indicating:

§ complete name and date of birth,

§ address in Canada before departure,

§ address abroad,

§ name and phone number of a contact person in Canada,

§ unavailability periods,

§ availability, if you return to Canada for a short stay during the unavailability period,

§ reasons for unavailability,

§ supporting documents regarding the situation, if applicable, and

§ signature and date the letter was signed.

The responsible office will communicate with you if they require more information or once another appointment is scheduled.

Please note that your application could be considered abandoned if you cannot attend a scheduled appointment due to a period of unavailability and/or fail to provide an acceptable explanation.

For more information, please consult the procedures for abandonment of a citizenship application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

<Agent Name>, <Agent Number>
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Last edited:

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
All peps who are waiting for OATH. I think as per CIC you should be really worrying only if you haven't received the OATH letter in your 12th month after applying for citizenship.

Coz as per applications filed in 2017 there are *approximately 52% - October , 72% - November, 92% - December applicants waiting ahead of us (January applicants)

So keep calm and enjoy summer & fall.

Guys (like myself) who are anxiously waiting on Test invite shouldn't worry at all coz eventually we also fall under same 12 month processing time limit criteria.

I reached out CIC to know my application status via phone call and via web form and following is the reply I got from them in the email.

Also, both me and my partner got a common CIC servey email to be filled out y'day. I know this definitely wouldn't impact the over all processing of our application.

Email from CIC:

Good day <My Name>,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We understand your concern and we can provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

Your application is presently at the IRCC office in Scarborough Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship.

Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.

The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the estimated processing time and for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.

Furthermore, you can notify us of your period of unavailability and request that the responsible IRCC office does not schedule an appointment during this timeframe.

If your period of unavailability is expected to be:

· 2 months or more,

· Frequent or partial, or

· You have previously notified us of a period of unavailability:

o please send a letter to the IRCC office processing your file, indicating:

§ complete name and date of birth,

§ address in Canada before departure,

§ address abroad,

§ name and phone number of a contact person in Canada,

§ unavailability periods,

§ availability, if you return to Canada for a short stay during the unavailability period,

§ reasons for unavailability,

§ supporting documents regarding the situation, if applicable, and

§ signature and date the letter was signed.

The responsible office will communicate with you if they require more information or once another appointment is scheduled.

Please note that your application could be considered abandoned if you cannot attend a scheduled appointment due to a period of unavailability and/or fail to provide an acceptable explanation.

For more information, please consult the procedures for abandonment of a citizenship application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

<Agent Name>, <Agent Number>
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

On what email id you contacted them? will email id vary applicant to applicant? Pls share email id if possible.