+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what are the original documents you brought to your test? did you bring the forms as well?
what if I can't find it.......
I do have the originals of the english thest and PR cards and everything.. but I might not be able to find the forms.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
hello .

January application
ID: Mrvi
Application type: single
Physical Presence: 1,548
App posted: 16 Jan 2018
App received: 19 Jan 2018.
AOR : 27Feb2018
in process:9 April 2018
Test invite: 10may 2018.
Test Date : 1 Jun 2018.
Decision made:8 Jun 2018
can you please update my details to the tracker
Updated!

MissFirefly

Sep 18, 2015
Hi January Applicants,

I will be submitting my application soon. I have 3 questions.

1. Did you submit a Canadian police clearance with your application (do we need this? Or just for countries outside Canada?)
2. When filling my employment/school history, should I also include my coop work term that I had while in school even though I have already accounted for that time period with my school?
3. Did you print out only the biodata pages of your passports, or pages that had stamps as well

Thanks in advance

maycb

Jun 8, 2018
what are the original documents you brought to your test? did you bring the forms as well?
what if I can't find it.......
I do have the originals of the english thest and PR cards and everything.. but I might not be able to find the forms.
I did not have the hard copy of my invitation for the test. I just showed them the email on my phone. after the test theres an interview with the consul, they will just ask for the pr and passport if you passed the test then they will ask you to sign a form.

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not have the hard copy o f my invitation for the test. I just showed them the email on my phone. after the test theres an interview with the consul, they will just ask for the pr and passport if you passed the test then they will ask you to sign a form.

When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)
 all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document
checklist in the citizenship application form
Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
 all original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired)

So you just brought PR card and passport?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
At the very least, please take the following:

-Passports (for the related period or since Immigration to Canada) and your copy of COPR
-PR Card
-Language proof (such as LINC certificate, or other proof, etc)
-Provincial Health Card
-Driver's License or any other ID Card (or an Ontario Photo Card) etc.

krrish1192

Nov 24, 2017
Good morning..
Received email on Friday (8th June) for test on July 4th. Admins please update line item 101 (Krrish1192).

Thanks and best of luck to all..

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks. We got a test invite email last week (family based application) for test on June 28. However login to ECAS i see the below
"We sent you a notice on May 11, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 28, 2018" - Why will ECAS mention the may 11 date when we got the email for the test only first week of June.
Not saying this is of any concern to us. Just wanted to see if anyone see inconsistency in the dates mentioned in ECAS

maycb

Jun 8, 2018
I actually brought all the original documents but they only asked for two identification and passports; expired and current.

When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)
 all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document
checklist in the citizenship application form
Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
 all original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired)

So you just brought PR card and passport?

maycb

Jun 8, 2018
I actually brought all the original documents but they only asked for two identification and passports; expired and current.
But yeah i will advice you to bring all the original documents to make sure coz not all consulates are the same.

maycb

Jun 8, 2018
Dont worry about it its just a notification letter.
Hello Folks. We got a test invite email last week (family based application) for test on June 28. However login to ECAS i see the below
"We sent you a notice on May 11, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 28, 2018" - Why will ECAS mention the may 11 date when we got the email for the test only first week of June.
Not saying this is of any concern to us. Just wanted to see if anyone see inconsistency in the dates mentioned in ECAS
toa

arunmanian

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Just came from Citz Test and Interview. Tests completed in 15 mins. Pretty straightforward. Reading the book atleast a couple of time necessary. Interview was simple and crisp too. Officer was kind and gentle also had an eye for detail in our case. Verified English language proficiency for both self and spouse. Clarified dates on border crossing that werent on the passport but on the CBSA records and finally told that she has no concerns for both applications and asked to wait to hear from CIC for ceremony and oath. It could be anytime between now and January as our application was made on January this year. Hope the invite comes as appropriate based on its time. Congratulations for all who went through the tests and interview today at Scarborough Town Center and elsewhere. Hope we get the ceremony invite soon!