+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
For me the process went very smoothly. I arrived about 10 minutes early, filled out a form and then went to the testing room. About 5 minutes of instructions and then wrote the test. It was a very easy test and I got 20/20. Then, I went into the interview room. There were about 30-40 people already in there waiting, but somehow I was the first to be called after I walked in. The interview lasted less than a minute. They asked me if I had ever been self employed (apparently I left that question blank on the application), and then they had me sign a form. They told me I would hear from them by December, but probably a lot sooner. And that was it. I was in and out of there in about 30-40 minutes total.
That's amazing man! Very happy for you.
Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Kal

Reactions: hissae2

TAMRICO

Jan 14, 2018
Hello,
Could you please update my data in the list:

Type: single
Phys. presence: 1307 days
Delivered: Jan 22
AOR: Feb 27
In process: April 11
Test invite: May 07
Test date: May 22

Thank you!

TESTV

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello,

Thank you!
did it come through email?

congratz~~~~

Reactions: TAMRICO

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hello,

Thank you!
Added! Congrats and goodluck...

Reactions: TAMRICO

drjafs

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/9/2011
AOR Received.
6/12/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12.09.2012, Passport recd at LVO on 19.9.2012, Ecas changed to Decision Made on 25.09.12
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully......... Canada address appeared on 04.10.2012!! on ecas,Visa stamped on 3.10.12, passports and COPR received on 13.10.12.
LANDED..........
landed on 12.12.12 by the Grace of God!!
You did your part and now its time to sit back and enjoy the process. Just chillax and let them do their job. As you know, the current processing time is 12 months. You can only be frustrated if your processing time goes beyond that 12 month period. Try not to anticipate any emails, don't check for ECAS updates constantly (I usually check once before hitting the sack just to keep track of dates). When you don't spend your every waking minute checking for your Citizenship updates, life would be so much easier and stress-free! Get busy with your other projects. It will help you to take your mind off the process. Let things happen in their due course ;)

Be strong and learn to have some patience. Its a very necessary skill in life..
I hope that you would receive some wonderful news soon :)

Kal[/QUOTE
That's well said Kal. Thanks for your good wishes. Just hope for the best! :)

vriz

Oct 4, 2017
Hello people!
I have a couple of questions regarding Canadian citizenship. Here is a little background first.
Me (Canadian PR) and my husband (Canadian Citizen) are living in the US because of his job here. Recently after Bill C-6 came into effect, I went back, fulfilled my required number of physical presence days, applied for the citizenship in Jan-2018 and came back. My application status is now showing "In Process". My husband's employer here in the US wants to file for green card for my husband and me as his dependent in mid-June which means we both won't be able to travel for 4 months till we get travel authorization.

My questions are below:
1. In General: What is easier and less likely to raise a red flag if we re-schedule? The Test or Oath Ceremony?

2. Assuming we wait for the citizenship test date to come, write the test then apply for green card in US: If the oath ceremony falls within 4 months what will be needed to present as a valid reason for rescheduling? Can a lawyer help with re-scheduling?

3. Assuming we haven't been assigned a citizenship test date by CIC by mid June and we apply for green card, then the test date comes which is within 4 months: What will be needed to present as a valid reason for rescheduling? Can a lawyer help with re-scheduling?

4. What is more advisable here? Should we wait and take the test, apply for green card and reschedule the oath if it falls in the next 4 months or we apply for green card right now and re schedule the test when it comes so it happens after 4 months and then automatically that will push out the Oath date?

Thanks in advance

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi Guys!
Kindly update spreadsheet line 135
In process ecas: Apr 18/18
Thank you.

wickedprince

Jan 29, 2018
Toronto
It seems like January Applications are starting to receive "Test Invite",Here i am still waiting for RCMP to finish processing my Fingerprints.They received my Fingerprints on the 10th of April,2018 & still processing.I got "peace bond" for assault, & a withdrawn assault case",This was over 8 years ago.They seem to keep your fingerprints forever even without conviction..I have since requested the local police where i was charged to remove my information from their system.It's frustrating scenario,no choice but to wait.