+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

antonette28

Mar 17, 2016
Question guys....

So i had a mistake when filling out the forms, i used my husband's last name because i thought i can just use my marriage certificate. But, i realized tgat i should have not used my husband's last name since my PR name is my maiden name. But i called them and told them the mistake so they told me to send a new set of application forms and include an explanation letter about the mistake. So i thought they received (but canada post states they received it) the new application i sent but looks like not because they are now asking documents for legal name change. What should i do? Just send them the letter of explanation? Or call them and ask if they received the application with letter of explnation? So basically i sent 2 sets 2 days apart

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Question guys....

So i had a mistake when filling out the forms, i used my husband's last name because i thought i can just use my marriage certificate. But, i realized tgat i should have not used my husband's last name since my PR name is my maiden name. But i called them and told them the mistake so they told me to send a new set of application forms and include an explanation letter about the mistake. So i thought they received (but canada post states they received it) the new application i sent but looks like not because they are now asking documents for legal name change. What should i do? Just send them the letter of explanation? Or call them and ask if they received the application with letter of explnation? So basically i sent 2 sets 2 days apart
If the second set hasn't been received by them yet, then you have two options at the moment.

First option:
Send the additional documents (name change document/marriage certificate photocopy) as per their request and include a cover letter clearly explaining what you have done. Please ensure to include your UCI/App number/Dob in the letter so they can easily track it down and you could also mention that you have sent a more clear and corrected second set of application (which hasn't been received yet).

Second option:
Alternatively, you can re-send your second set of application by mentioning the AoR of the first set, the story so far, the missing of the second set of application and that you are re-sending a more detailed and corrected application. Before taking this route, I would suggest that you have a chat with IRCC and see what they would say.

I hope that you would find some clarity and peace with the whole situation. Sending good vibes your way! :)

Kal

Last edited:

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello
I just signed up, I received AOR on Feb 16 and till now got nothing. Should I be worried?
Single from London.
Any update on IP status
I have not seen my app change to IP yet

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Patiently waiting for IP .
Its seems like few people have not received AOR yet
Lot of people who received AOR after I did have got their application IP already

antonette28

Mar 17, 2016
If the second set hasn't been received by them yet, then you have two options at the moment.

First option:
Send the additional documents (name change document/marriage certificate photocopy) as per their request and include a cover letter clearly explaining what you have done. Please ensure to include your UCI/App number/Dob in the letter so they can easily track it down and you could also mention that you have sent a more clear and corrected second set of application (which hasn't been received yet).

Second option:
Alternatively, you can re-send your second set of application by mentioning the AoR of the first set, the story so far, the missing of the second set of application and that you are re-sending a more detailed and corrected application. Before taking this route, I would suggest that you have a chat with IRCC and see what they would say.

I hope that you would find some clarity and peace with the whole situation. Sending good vibes your way! :)

Kal
Thanks for the reply.

I actually sent the 2nd set with the letter of explanation just 2 days apart from 1st application. I sent it last january and was received based on my canada post tracking. So i dont where it went my question did they not process that?

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

I actually sent the 2nd set with the letter of explanation just 2 days apart from 1st application. I sent it last january and was received based on my canada post tracking. So i dont where it went my question did they not process that?
You're welcome. If you haven't received AoR for the 2nd application packet then it might be difficult to track. Even with 2 days gap of sending your application packets, you should have technically received your AoR (or some sort of acknowledgement) by now! Weird! Have you tried calling IRCC support?

Kal

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Anybody from Saskatchewan in process yet or heard anything?

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I can deduct according to the spreadsheet - Calgary prefers singles....
I don't see a IP for a family with that office...

With that being said... I'll be moving provinces in 3 months, I was really boping for some changes in the meantime, and also for a miracle (seeing the old apps in Oct/Nov moving ffw)...

I know I need to update my address asap, but my worry is this: if my app doesn't go IP by the time I change address, does that mean they'll start all over again in a new office? Wth... I was hoping to get the ctznshp before 2019....

Anyone knows of an example of ppl moving provinces while in IP?
Thanks

Michoo2018

Jan 2, 2018
From what I can deduct according to the spreadsheet - Calgary prefers singles....
I don't see a IP for a family with that office...

With that being said... I'll be moving provinces in 3 months, I was really boping for some changes in the meantime, and also for a miracle (seeing the old apps in Oct/Nov moving ffw)...

I know I need to update my address asap, but my worry is this: if my app doesn't go IP by the time I change address, does that mean they'll start all over again in a new office? Wth... I was hoping to get the ctznshp before 2019....

Anyone knows of an example of ppl moving provinces while in IP?
Thanks
Calgary's office is not moving at all!!! neither for families nor for singles

anuragmaneesha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 1st 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 19th 2013
Med's Request
April 12th 2014
Med's Done....
May 12th 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 12th 2014
If they've sent you the request then YES, it is mandatory. Over the course of your processing, you might or might not get a request for Fingerprinting! All depends on your application and if anyone else is there in the system with the same name as yours. Just remember that if you have come this far, you can do anything ;)

For more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/submit-fingerprints.html

Good luck with your application :)

Kal
Thanks so much