+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

rir170814

Nov 26, 2017
Hello everyone. My app is "In Process" since Feb28th, just checked now.

!!!!! Let the Jan applicants IPs galore :D !!!!!!!!!

I recently changed address(within town) and wondering when should I update it in ecas. Should it be after changing in all other places like CRA, License, health card etc, as they all could be sharing the info with CIC or vice versa?
Or
since the current address they have is good too, as my rest of the family members are still there, can I leave it as is?

In either case, how much impact will an address have on the processing itself.
They won't share your address, hence you will have to change it manually which you can do so on ecas. However, since your old address is still good, I'd advise you not to change with immigration yet. The less changes you make after you sent your app, the better it is.

Reactions: Robin_Pandey

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will not send you a hard copy if you recieve AOR thru email.Click on the link in email and it will take you to the book...you can download it from there...or read it there or order a hard copy.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada.html

As per the average days to the test check out the 2017 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview?sle=true#gid=671336796
You nailed it. Looks like the minimum time for scheduling test after In-progress is 2 weeks and it's good to be aware of this fact.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi can my husband be added to spreadsheet:
Name: Gcg
Application Type: Single
Application Sent: Jan 21/18
Application Received: Jan 25/18
AOR: Mar 05/18
Thank you.
Added! Can you share total physical presence days?

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
They won't share your address, hence you will have to change it manually which you can do so on ecas. However, since your old address is still good, I'd advise you not to change with immigration yet. The less changes you make after you sent your app, the better it is.
Thanks. But my concern is would it be okay if I change my address everywhere else like license etc, but not change for Citznshp app i.e CIC.
when they start the process of background and other checks what if they find out that address is not the same.
Isn't it a problem? since we already have submitted photo id proofs like a license.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. But my concern is would it be okay if I change my address everywhere else like license etc, but not change for Citznshp app i.e CIC.
when they start the process of background and other checks what if they find out that address is not the same.
Isn't it a problem? since we already have submitted photo id proofs like a license.
You are expected to keep IRCC informed of your current address.
Misrepresentation can impact your eligibility.
As you've only moved within a town there won't be any delays to your application, as there will not be a change of the office responsible for your file.

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
You are expected to keep IRCC informed of your current address.
Misrepresentation can impact your eligibility.
As you've only moved within a town there won't be any delays to your application, as there will not be a change of the office responsible for your file.
..And here is what is on my mind, lets say I update address literally everywhere including CIC, now that my app is 'In Process' and based on averages my test invite could be in 1 month. And my updated license might come only in 4-6 weeks making me to show either my old one with old address not matching with that of updated ecas.

Or is it just me overthinking it and I should just go ahead and do the address change everywhere?