+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
AOR doesn't mean much. All it means is that your application as complete meaning no unanswered questions, no missing documents, etc. All basic completeness checks.

Next, your application will be transferred to a local CPC (near your home postal code). THat's when real processing begins. They will do background (criminality, security), and eligibility checks to make sure your application is accurate.
Next step will also be the hectic like waiting for AOR.
When can we expect Test Date?
How do i know that my application has sent to local office?
they already have checked all the documents what else can be asked? any idea

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
I've a quick question. If we send an application for entire family.
How many AORs do we get ?
Do they send AOR for each individual family member ?
Or do they send single AOR i.e. Adult Male / Adult Female or both.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I'm sorry but this is incorrect information. It clearly states that it is not in any given year, it is the cumulative total:

Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more. If you cannot get a police certificate, tell us why.
Example 1
In the past 4 years, you took one (1) trip to France that lasted 200 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France.
Example 2
In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from the USA.
Example 3
In the past 4 years, you spent one year (365 days) working in Singapore. While working in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.
Example 4
In the past 4 years, you took one (1) trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.

Follow example 2, which is the cumulative total, and not each year
Thanks for letting me know I thought it has to be any given year!

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Perfect! Thanks! and Congrats on your AOR! =)
My 2 cents :
If u r using gmail the best way to never miss any emails form CIC is to create a rule that always mark emails from "@cic.gc.ca" to important and stared.
Yes that why u will never miss any thing send by CIC. Coz any emails sent by cic always ends with "@cic.gc.ca" so why bother to have front part of the email any way.

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I've a quick question. If we send an application for entire family.
How many AORs do we get ?
Do they send AOR for each individual family member ?
Or do they send single AOR i.e. Adult Male / Adult Female or both.
Yes , you will get the AOR for every one individually on ones email id. Minors AOR will be sent of the email id you have given on their applications

Reactions: rinkupatel.dmj

Tipika1

Jan 31, 2018
when did you receive your application back? Did they return the whole application? After resending you have to wait for your turn again.
I reveived the application back around 2 months later. Our whole applications (me and my husband) were sent back. Then our applications went to the regular flow of January's applications, I think it's the process.

benel

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
No AOR yet...but checked the mail and no returned app yet so that's good at least...although it could also mean that the app could have been lost by Canada Post... kicking myself for not using courier