+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

hissae2

Apr 23, 2018
App received - Jan 9th
AoR - Feb 13th
IP - March 14th
Test invite - April 23

Just got my test invite email! I will be taking the test at the Scarborough office on May 5th.

I was kind of expecting it to be a while longer before the test, so I hadn't got around to ordering the book yet (I just got an email with a link, and I prefer to study the paper copy). I just ordered it online, approx how long will it take to get here? I've only got just under 2 weeks before the test, so I'm hoping it will get here well before that.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Just got my test invite email! I will be taking the test at the Scarborough office on May 5th.

I was kind of expecting it to be a while longer before the test, so I hadn't got around to ordering the book yet (I just got an email with a link, and I prefer to study the paper copy). I just ordered it online, approx how long will it take to get here? I've only got just under 2 weeks before the test, so I'm hoping it will get here well before that.
Congrats on getting your test invitation. It will take anytime between 2-3 weeks for you to receive your book, sooner if you're lucky. In the meanwhile, d/l the pdf version and listen to the audio file. Check out the online resources as well.
Good luck! :)

Kal

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
App received - Jan 9th
AoR - Feb 13th
IP - March 14th
Test invite - April 23

Did you find this forum just a few minutes ago?

hissae2

Apr 23, 2018
Congrats on getting your test invitation. It will take anytime between 2-3 weeks for you to receive your book, sooner if you're lucky. In the meanwhile, d/l the pdf version and listen to the audio file. Check out the online resources as well.
Good luck! :)

Kal
OK - thanks.

Did you find this forum just a few minutes ago?
I found this forum a short time after I sent my application when I was looking for info on how long it would take, I just didn't sign up until now.

bluejays2020

Mar 30, 2018
App received - Jan 9th
AoR - Feb 13th
IP - March 14th
Test invite - April 23

Congrats! Did you receive the invitation test email at night (11 pm)? Your application is single or family?

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi guys,

I applied for Citizenship on October 20th, 2017 and many of you including my friend applied two weeks later. My friend already received an ivitation stating that this is the last time we are sending you notice [by mail only] to give your history exam for your citizenship where as he never received any notice [opted by mail only] before that. Not sure if there is an email address or a way to confirm if the notice [email or by mail] was sent to me? Online status says it is in process - started working on application on January 9th, 2018.

Kindly suggest.

Last edited:

bluejays2020

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys,

I applied for Citizenship on October 20th, 2017 and many of you including my friend applied two weeks later. My friend already received an ivitation stating that this is the last time we are sending you notice [by mail only] to give your history exam for your citizenship where as he never received any notice [opted by mail only] before that. Not sure if there is an email address or a way to confirm if the notice [email or by mail] was sent to me? Online status says it is in process - started working on application on January 9th, 2018.

Kindly suggest.
I would suggest check your spam in your email and also try to contact IRCC (1-888-242-2100 -> choose 1 1 4 1), they will check and let you know if there is more correspondences for you or not.

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
Hey guys,

Glad to see we are moving along,

My application went to in process last thursday (April 19th), but I couldnt update here..

Good luck everyone!

CitenCanada

Apr 24, 2018
Hi Please include my Info:
thanks

App Sent:: Jan 09
App received - Jan 15th
AoR - Feb 15th
Days: 1694
Location Montreal
APP Type : Single

Last edited:

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
I would suggest check your spam in your email and also try to contact IRCC (1-888-242-2100 -> choose 1 1 4 1), they will check and let you know if there is more correspondences for you or not.

checked with IRCC, they confirmed that my application is in process and right now it is under background check process. Although it is forwarded for knowledge test but I won't receive the notification until the background check is completed. Time varies for background check depending on person to person. Hoping to hear something soon. Good luck to all others.

Reactions: bluejays2020