+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hello,

anyone knows if they take your PR card after citizenship test or at the time of oath ceremony?

I have test on 4th dec and I have plan of travelling in early january out of canada?

and anyone have experience extending Oath ceremony date?

Thank you in advance for your help

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Date of application- Jan 15/18
Application received date- Jan 19/18
Location- Sarnia
Application type - Single
AOR DATE- Fab 22/18
In process date- May 2/18
Finger print date-N/A
Test invitation-Nov 2/18
Test date-Dec 4/18

Admin Please update my status to file

Thank you

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Hello,

anyone knows if they take your PR card after citizenship test or at the time of oath ceremony?

I have test on 4th dec and I have plan of travelling in early january out of canada?

I haven't taken Oath yet, but from other members' experience, their PR card has been taken away.

Raihussain

Jul 1, 2017
i still did not receive any invitation for test as my tracking detail is as under. can anyone tell me the reason.
application received. Jan 3 2018
letter of receipt. Feb 9 2018
started processing at Kitchener office. Mar 19 2018

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hello,

Hi,
the citizenship cards are taken at the time of oath ceremony.
Changing the oath ceremony date is possible, but be prepared for long time waiting until you'll get the second one.

iristoronto

Jan 12, 2018
Test was on October 4, 2018. DM in 2 days. Still waiting for oath invite. Scarborough center. Anyone received the oath invite with similar app?

sergii87

Nov 12, 2018
Hey guys,

I was trying to find any similar situations to mine but had no luck. I have applied in January, my file processing started in February, in May I got test invite and passed 20/20 in June. Early July I got a letter with a request for my I-94s (US travel history), I've responded immediately and they've received it on July 20th.

Just recently I've got my ATIP and while everything is passed but the "Eligibility - Physical Presence" it looks that as of November 11th NO ONE touched my file since July 20th... Is there any action I can take or should I just keep waiting patiently?

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hey guys,

I was trying to find any similar situations to mine but had no luck. I have applied in January, my file processing started in February, in May I got test invite and passed 20/20 in June. Early July I got a letter with a request for my I-94s (US travel history), I've responded immediately and they've received it on July 20th.

Just recently I've got my ATIP and while everything is passed but the "Eligibility - Physical Presence" it looks that as of November 11th NO ONE touched my file since July 20th... Is there any action I can take or should I just keep waiting patiently?
You may try to send them a message by using the web-form. Just ask them if everything is in order with your application.
It seems to help sometimes.

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
A while back I sent my processing timeline in this thread. But I think it was not added in the spreadsheet. I became citizen a couple of weeks ago and here is my complete timeline:

Single application
Physical presence 1253.5
Application sent January 26
Application received January 29
AOR: February 28
IP: April 24
FP request: July 13
FP sent: July 27
Test invite: August 20
Test date: September 4
DM: September 29
Oath invite: October 11
Oath ceremony: November 1st
Processing office Montreal.

I guess it might help for future applicants.

Thanks everyone for all the tips on this forum.

And best luck for the ones who are still waiting.

Joy007

Sep 28, 2018
Hey guys,

Reply the email, you got your test invitation from. They do reply

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
A while back I sent my processing timeline in this thread. But I think it was not added in the spreadsheet. I became citizen a couple of weeks ago and here is my complete timeline:

Single application
Physical presence 1253.5
Application sent January 26
Application received January 29
AOR: February 28
IP: April 24
FP request: July 13
FP sent: July 27
Test invite: August 20
Test date: September 4
DM: September 29
Oath invite: October 11
Oath ceremony: November 1st
Processing office Montreal.

I guess it might help for future applicants.

Thanks everyone for all the tips on this forum.

And best luck for the ones who are still waiting.

Thanks for sharing.

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
I haven't taken Oath yet, but from other members' experience, their PR card has been taken away.

Thank you for your reply

So take the PR Card at the time of test or ceremony?

I am asking because I have test on 4th December and I am travelling in January so if I right a test and can travel before taking oath or not.

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hi,
the citizenship cards are taken at the time of oath ceremony.
Changing the oath ceremony date is possible, but be prepared for long time waiting until you'll get the second one.
Thank you that helps.

so i can travel after test, I have to change the date of oath and have to wait long time when they reschedule the oath date.