+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Mr.Linux

Jan 17, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm a long time fan of this forum. It was super helpful to have these timelines when I was going for my PR. I couldn't post my details at the time due to personal reasons. But I'm very happy to share my citizenship status.

App Type: 1 Adult / Urgent (Job offer from the Government)
Physical Presence: 1,763
Application Sent: Jan 2 2018
Application Delivered: Jan 8 2018 (upset with Canada post as it was supposed to be 2-3 business days)
AOR: Jan 9
IP: Jan 11

I'm one of the many affected by the changes made to the Citizenship Act in the Summer 2015. I would have made my physical presence requirement during that Summer. I also completed my first degree in Canada during that time which is my proof of English. C-6 didn't make any difference to me as I would have been eligible anyways at the time the bill took effect. I was going to wait a few months in 2015 after meeting my eligibility in terms of years and I waited a few months now --that's why I didn't apply in October when the bill received Royal Assent, just to ensure I certainly have the number of days required, and hopefully avoid RQ. In the middle of all this going on, I received a job offer from the government which unfortunately can't provide more details on. I assume IRCC verified the offer because this is moving fast.

I've seen a few Urgent requests in January. Have you guys checked your ecas? What's the status?

I would love to take the test in the middle of Feb, which means I would need to receive my test invite by next week or the following. What do you guys think of the possibilities of this happening?
CONGRATS MY DEAR

the_14th

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hi,

Joining this thread from December group because my application was returned due to a missing answer on one of the checkboxes. Anyway,

Application re-sent: January 16 2018
Physical Presence: 1520
App Type: Single

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi,

Joining this thread from December group because my application was returned due to a missing answer on one of the checkboxes. Anyway,

Application re-sent: January 16 2018
Physical Presence: 1520
App Type: Single
Good luck this time. I am surprised they return applications just due to one missing answer where they could start processing and just ask for that answer in a letter.

the_14th

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Good luck this time. I am surprised they return applications just due to one missing answer where they could start processing and just ask for that answer in a letter.
I was surprised too. They highlighted the question missed and it was just a simple Yes/No checkbox. I just marked the answer and sent the entire package back. The first page already had a timestamp of when it was received and all that so I'm not sure if it will be continued to be processed as per the original sent date. December forum said I should just continue the updates here, so here I am... :)

benel

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
hi all,
sent Jan 8th
received: don't know (hopefully received already)

I just have a question: on the photos I noticed that one of them had the date on the back of it erased as the ink was still not dry, but the other one was good. had to send it quickly before the post office closes...does anyone know if they would return it because of the one date?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
hi all,
sent Jan 8th
received: don't know (hopefully received already)

I just have a question: on the photos I noticed that one of them had the date on the back of it erased as the ink was still not dry, but the other one was good. had to send it quickly before the post office closes...does anyone know if they would return it because of the one date?
If I am not mistaken as long as you have date on one of the photo you are good. That’s how all my photos are always that I take from Costco and never got rejected.

benel

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
If I am not mistaken as long as you have date on one of the photo you are good. That’s how all my photos are always that I take from Costco and never got rejected.
thanks for the reply. I hope it is the case...now it's just a wait n see game..

Cyra

Star Member
Aug 2, 2009
I read somewhere on this forum about writing your UCI # on payment receipt. I forgot about it and already submitted my application with the payment receipt without my ID on it. Do you guys think it would be a problem ??

rir170814

Nov 26, 2017
I read somewhere on this forum about writing your UCI # on payment receipt. I forgot about it and already submitted my application with the payment receipt without my ID on it. Do you guys think it would be a problem ??
Not at all. I didn't write mine either and my application is moving smoothly. I guess it would be helpful but not necessary...

Mr.Linux

Jan 17, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm a long time fan of this forum. It was super helpful to have these timelines when I was going for my PR. I couldn't post my details at the time due to personal reasons. But I'm very happy to share my citizenship status.

App Type: 1 Adult / Urgent (Job offer from the Government)
Physical Presence: 1,763
Application Sent: Jan 2 2018
Application Delivered: Jan 8 2018 (upset with Canada post as it was supposed to be 2-3 business days)
AOR: Jan 9
IP: Jan 11

I'm one of the many affected by the changes made to the Citizenship Act in the Summer 2015. I would have made my physical presence requirement during that Summer. I also completed my first degree in Canada during that time which is my proof of English. C-6 didn't make any difference to me as I would have been eligible anyways at the time the bill took effect. I was going to wait a few months in 2015 after meeting my eligibility in terms of years and I waited a few months now --that's why I didn't apply in October when the bill received Royal Assent, just to ensure I certainly have the number of days required, and hopefully avoid RQ. In the middle of all this going on, I received a job offer from the government which unfortunately can't provide more details on. I assume IRCC verified the offer because this is moving fast.

I've seen a few Urgent requests in January. Have you guys checked your ecas? What's the status?

I would love to take the test in the middle of Feb, which means I would need to receive my test invite by next week or the following. What do you guys think of the possibilities of this happening?
lease let us know when you got test invitation

Thanks

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was surprised too. They highlighted the question missed and it was just a simple Yes/No checkbox. I just marked the answer and sent the entire package back. The first page already had a timestamp of when it was received and all that so I'm not sure if it will be continued to be processed as per the original sent date. December forum said I should just continue the updates here, so here I am... :)
Can I ask which question it was?!

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........
Do you need to have both photo's stamped?