BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
It has 38 pages and the last 3 pages about notes. On the notes they didn't talk about anything except the required documents that I sent them, SA and, email change and me (sponsor) enquiring for more info about my application.

Check this: https://ibb.co/bUoB2Q
Looks like they haven't started anything. UNLESS.. look at this thread.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

There he says..."when he/she marks NOT STARTED it means she/he did not finds anything alarming but the lead officer at the visa office needs to make sure that there is no concern. When the lead officer in Mississauga mark REVIEW REQUIRED or REVIEW NEEDED it is a code message to the lead officer at the visa office signifying to him/her that you really need to check this relationship carefully there are so many holes and might possibly lead to an interview in the future."

So it could mean that everything has been looked at by the CPC-Mississauga, you're not just waiting on being transferred. Which means you're stuck in Mississauga along with some of us. I should be getting my notes tomorrow. So we might be in the same situation.

rania.aiss

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017 (Passed)
Looks like they haven't started anything. UNLESS.. look at this thread.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

There he says..."when he/she marks NOT STARTED it means she/he did not finds anything alarming but the lead officer at the visa office needs to make sure that there is no concern. When the lead officer in Mississauga mark REVIEW REQUIRED or REVIEW NEEDED it is a code message to the lead officer at the visa office signifying to him/her that you really need to check this relationship carefully there are so many holes and might possibly lead to an interview in the future."

So it could mean that everything has been looked at by the CPC-Mississauga, you're not just waiting on being transferred. Which means you're stuck in Mississauga along with some of us. I should be getting my notes tomorrow. So we might be in the same situation.
What does stuck in mississauga means?? Cz my file was already transfered to Paris VO on February 2017

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
What does stuck in mississauga means?? Cz my file was already transfered to Paris VO on February 2017
Oh... the you're not stuck.
There are a few of us who are stuck in Mississauga.
No one is getting transferred out.
So we are stuck.
I've been there for almost seven months now. :(

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Hello all,

I hope your applications go as smoothly and easily as it was for me. I completed my landing yesterday at YVR (Vancouver), coming directly from Paris, France.

Process is extremely easy and you follow instructions. It lasted a long time, not the process itself but the waiting lines. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes between the time i exited the plane and the time i exited the restrained zone.

1. Waiting in line before electronic immigration: 5'
  2. Electronic passport presentation and electronic immigration form and electronic customs form filling on the booth, which takes a picture and returns a receipt with reference in Big letters: 5'
  3. Waiting in line before meeting with 1st CBSA Agent: 20'
  4. 1st CBSA Agent checks passport ID and printed immigration form pictures and directs us to nd CBSA Agent: 1'
  5. 2nd CBSA Agent checks Passport and Online Form and direct us to Immigration Office to complete Landing with a "Welcome to Canada": 4'
  6. Waiting in Line: 5'
  7. Welcoming at office with CANN (Community Airport Newcomers Network): 10'
  8. Wait in Line: 60'
  9. Landing interview with Immigration Officer: 5'
  10. Immigration Officer fills online form and we both sign as I officially became a PR: 5'
Questions were to see if our situation changed, eg:

Are you married?
Have you had any problems with the police?
Were you denied entry in Canada before?
Do you have any children?

And that's it.

Regarding the wait, I think it was due to foreign students checking in before their school/university year starts as they do in september.

Questions I had is regarding the PR Card is if I come back without it, they told me to show the signed COPR.

I hope it goes well for you... Thanks to all of the community here at canadavisa.com

Last edited:

rania.aiss

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017 (Passed)
Oh... the you're not stuck.
There are a few of us who are stuck in Mississauga.
No one is getting transferred out.
So we are stuck.
I've been there for almost seven months now. :(
My GCKEY shows :"" we need more documents. We will send you msg with the details"" since the end of June but still I didn't receive anything from them.
I contacted the visa office 2 weeks ago and they said they don't need any documents. So what does that mean ?? Should I just ignore it?

BTW (as they requested) I sent schedule A, ppr fee, police certificate and photocopy of passeport on March 2017

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hello all,

I hope your applications go as smoothly and easily as it was for me. I completed my landing yesterday at YVR (Vancouver), coming directly from Paris, France.

Process is extremely easy and you follow instructions. It lasted a long time, not the process itself but the waiting lines. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes between the time i exited the plane and the time i exited the restrained zone.

1. Waiting in line before electronic immigration: 5'
  2. Electronic passport presentation and electronic immigration form and electronic customs form filling on the booth, which takes a picture and returns a receipt with reference in Big letters: 5'
  3. Waiting in line before meeting with 1st CBSA Agent: 20'
  4. 1st CBSA Agent checks passport ID and printed immigration form pictures and directs us to nd CBSA Agent: 1'
  5. 2nd CBSA Agent checks Passport and Online Form and direct us to Immigration Office to complete Landing with a "Welcome to Canada": 4'
  6. Waiting in Line: 5'
  7. Welcoming at office with CANN (Community Airport Newcomers Network): 10'
  8. Wait in Line: 60'
  9. Landing interview with Immigration Officer: 5'
  10. Immigration Officer fills online form and we both sign as I officially became a PR: 5'
Questions were to see if our situation changed, eg:

Are you married?
Have you had any problems with the police?
Were you denied entry in Canada before?
Do you have any children?

And that's it.

Regarding the wait, I think it was due to foreign students checking in before their school/university year starts as they do in september.

Questions I had is regarding the PR Card is if I come back without it, they told me to show the signed COPR.

I hope it goes well for you... Thanks to all of the community here at canadavisa.com
Thanks for posting your experience with landing. I hope we can use this information at some point. Good luck with your new life in Canada!

samia_j

Aug 23, 2017
Hey everyone!
So my husband (currently living in Canada) had applied for me under spousal sponsorship on the 10th of May, 2017 and we received an email stating that the processing had started on the 6th of June, 2017... So far I'm done with my medical and clearance. Therefore, my question is if anyone knows how long it might take till i get the visa approval...

Nahidahossain

Jun 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
28-04-2017
Nomination.....
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
File Transfer...
09-05-2017
Hey everyone!
So my husband (currently living in Canada) had applied for me under spousal sponsorship on the 10th of May, 2017 and we received an email stating that the processing had started on the 6th of June, 2017... So far I'm done with my medical and clearance. Therefore, my question is if anyone knows how long it might take till i get the visa approval...
Which visa office

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Hey everyone!
It usually depends on your visa office and inland vs outland and even right now, some visa offices have been delayed longer than normal. So you can't really say. All we know, it'll be no longer than 12 months.

kintaro.oe

May 19, 2016
Hello,

I am worried we made mistake.
Our application had Been received January 18th. And my wife did medical, and police check. We paid application fee and permanent resident fee separately. So we were asked to pay that, and I think I did it right, but I dunno, anyways that was months ago now. If I messed up big, they would tell us we didn't do something and our application is over????

Also she is from Morocco, anyone from Morocco get any updates or success??