+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017 BOWP Applicants... Let's Connect Here...

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Hello Everyone...

For those who just applied for online BOWP... let's connect here and update and help each other... =)

Application Submitted: 16 January 2017

Thanks a lot! =)

breathofwind

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Hi there,

Are you a PNP applying through EE?

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
I applied on January 16 as well. Good luck!

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
breathofwind said:
Hi there,

Are you a PNP applying through EE?
Nope. PNP paper-based applicant.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Baanayaad said:
I applied on January 16 as well. Good luck!
hi baanayaad.... same here... January 16 night time... good luck and good vibes... =)

davidc

Jun 10, 2014
elyxandria said:
Hello Everyone...

For those who just applied for online BOWP... let's connect here and update and help each other... =)

Application Submitted: 16 January 2017

Thanks a lot! =)

Hi, I am eligible for the BOWP but for the life of me I can't seem to get the personal reference code to apply for it.

In the come to Canada eligibility questionnaire, i state I want to work in canada, temporarily for >6 months. How did you it to work?

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
I answered it as I want to work temporarily more than 6 months

pgill11

Jan 16, 2017
Please help me .what are the documents needed to apply for bowp.i am pnp pr applicant feb 2016.my work permit is expiring in march.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
pgill11 said:
Please help me .what are the documents needed to apply for bowp.i am pnp pr applicant feb 2016.my work permit is expiring in march.
as per CIC website... (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp)

To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must
•be currently in Canada;
• have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
•be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
•have completed one of the following APR stages: ◦their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
◦they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;

•have applied for an open work permit;
•have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
•have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
davidc said:
Hi, I am eligible for the BOWP but for the life of me I can't seem to get the personal reference code to apply for it.

In the come to Canada eligibility questionnaire, i state I want to work in canada, temporarily for >6 months. How did you it to work?
What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
•I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry;
•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada;
•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada;
•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada;
•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
•Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
•Protected Persons in Canada
•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
•Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: •a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement•a military personnel assigned to Canada
•a participant in professional sports activities or events
•an employee of a foreign news company
•a religious worker
No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
No

...this will surely lead you to OWP and you will be paying $255... just make sure you`ve already received your AOR and your nomination certificate has NO restriction for employment...
hope this helps... best of luck to us! =)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
pgill11 said:
I think it will be depends on the applicant... for us we submitted these docs...

- IMM5710E
- IMM5713E
- IMM5257B
- AOR email from CIC
- Provincial Nominee Certificate (no restriction on employment)
- $255 payment fee
- Marriage Certificate
- Upfront Medical Certificate
- Passport
- Passport Photo
- Recent Work Permit

hope this helps... good luck! =)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
pgill11 said:
Do i need to get work permit support letter from pnp
Or i can apply with pnp certificate and AOR.
if you want to extend your WP using your provincial nominee certificate you will need this one...

A person who has a valid nomination from a province or territory for permanent residence and is employed or has a job offer from an employer based in that province may be issued a work permit without requiring an LMIA.

In order for this provision to be applied, the application for the work permit must include the following:
•the Offer of employment to a foreign national exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) form [IMM 5802] and proof the employer has paid the employer compliance fee;
•a copy of the nomination letter from the provincial or territorial government that confirms that the foreign national has been nominated for permanent residence by the province (if the nomination is expired, a copy of the acknowledgement letter confirming that CIC received the permanent residence application while the nomination was still valid); and
•a statement from the province that it has determined that all factors required for the issuance of a work permit under paragraph R204(c) as per its agreement with Canada have been met, identifying the occupation and employer information. The required factors include ◦that the nominated individual is urgently required by the provincial-based employer who has made the foreign national a job offer in that province or territory (it should be noted that self-employed persons are therefore not eligible for this type of work permit, given the lack of employer-employee relationship),
◦that the job offer is genuine and the job offer will create economic benefits or opportunities,
◦that the employment is not part-time or seasonal, and
◦that the wages and working conditions of the employment would be sufficient to attract and retain Canadian citizens.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp)

but if you want to apply for BOWP...

BOWP eligibility parameters

To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must
•be currently in Canada;
• have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
•be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
•have completed one of the following APR stages: ◦their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
◦they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;

•have applied for an open work permit;
•have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
•have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) or an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp)

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Hi Everyone:

One of my friend will be applying for his work permit extension.

He has applied for PR and hoping to get AOR this month. His PNP certificate has no employment restrictions and work permit is about to expire within four months.

So my question is :

Is AOR good enough to be considered for BOWP? or Does the applicant has to have the eligibility stage passed?

Thanks!