+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017 BOWP Applicants... Let's Connect Here...

Deol11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2016
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
pgill11 said:
Need help . My bowp application status is showing on hold
did you call CIC regarding that??

ramkumar150

May 18, 2016
Hi,

It seems that even if you have AOR under the category of PNP - PR your BOWP application will be put on hold, until the R10 is checked.

this is strange because only for EE this rule classifies not for the PNP - PR people.

nowcureman

Aug 15, 2016
Hi,

My pgwp is going to expire in June. I received the pnp from Ontario as student with job offer. I need to extend the work permit. I am so confused now. According to the cic website, the bridge work permit is for the provincial nomination with unrestricted. But my nomination is restricted. Should i still apply for the bridge open work permit or other kinds of work permit? Also, from the form 5710, they ask what type of work permit i am applying. From the letter of provincial nomination support, they mention it is lmia exempt. however, from the 5710, if i choose LMIA Exempt, they ask me for the number of employment letter. I did not get this number. I have no clue now.

next question: i get the file number from the pr application. Does that mean i should say yes for the question "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?"

If i choose to apply for the work permit instead of the open work permit. They require me to submit the document to prove i meet the job requirement. should i just submit my degree and my resume?

Please advise. Thank you so much.

elyxandria said:
as per CIC website...

To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must
•be currently in Canada;
• have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
•be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
•have completed one of the following APR stages: ◦their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
◦they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;

•have applied for an open work permit;
•have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
•have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

Jul 11, 2016
hey guys, do I need to attach the receipt of my work permit application online when submitting? I only attached my AOR and current work permit on the LOE section

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
hey guys, do I need to attach the receipt of my work permit application online when submitting? I only attached my AOR and current work permit on the LOE section
hi can you tell me the procedure to apply for bowp i have only 2 months left for myy work permit.it the email from cic that they received my file is enough to apply.mine is pnp paper based pr
plz help

Oct 5, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for Restoration of Status & Extension of my Open Work Permit (BOWP) on January 27, 2017. I have not received any update after this date.

Does anyone have any idea on how long could this process take ? I have sent a paper application to CPC - Vegreville, Alberta.
Did You get your open work permit ? I m in same boat right now. can you please let me know.