+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017 BOWP Applicants... Let's Connect Here...

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
jugraj12 said:
hopefully last question
I see an optional document Schedule 1 IMM5257 application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada. Do i need to provide this i am inland applicant?
I submitted a completed form of that one too...

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
My work permit was just approved today after submitting the application online on January 16. I am soo looking forward to not dealing with immigration again. Their system is quite... warped, in my humble opinion.

I have no idea why it took so long to be approved. CIC agents told me last week that they had not opened my file as yet.

I cannot wait for this immigration crap to be over.

deadline

Oct 27, 2016
Hey guys, I submitted my application for BOWP on Feb 7th. But since I didn't include a cover letter, I hope they understand it's a BOWP application :p

I am also planning to get a TRV extension as I need to travel soon, anyone know about the timeline or the process? I did submit the optional IMM5257 TRV form with my Work Permit application, does that have anything to do with my TRV application?

Thanks! (sorry, I did not find a separate thread for this...)

marsh08

Nov 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I applied for BOWP on Feb 05, 2017 after receiving my AOR on January 25, 2017 the date when I submitted my PR application through Express Entry.

I just noticed a few days ago my BOWP application status changed to On Hold I am not sure what exactly this means. Does this mean they are waiting for the R10 review check to be completed on my PR application before they can make a decision on my BOWP. I am tensed as my Post graduation open work permit expires soon on April 11, 2017.

Any advise/help is greatly appreciated.

All4one

Mar 16, 2017
Marsh08

did you include a copy of their Acknowledgment of receipt (you will receive this in once you apply for PR) with open work permit application.
if you are concerned, you should CIC Call Centre agents, they will explain why it's on hold. Wait time is usually between 14 to 30 days from application.

deadline

Oct 27, 2016
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update you on my status. I received my Bridging Open Work Permit extension approval yesterday. Should be receiving the mail in a few days.

Date Applied: Feb 7, 2017
Approval email received: March 17, 2017

tomgates

Feb 10, 2017
Congrats to all that have received.

I was wondering if there were any other people that have received their's yet? I applied on the 10th of February, been around 38 days now, not sure what time to expect, need it to start my job. CIC says the following online right now but some of you have already received it from after that date. So sick of this stuff.

Processing Time: 36 days
Working on applications received on February 1, 2017.

Thanks

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
Did you guys just copied the content in AOR email, and nomination certificate and pasted in the MS word and then saved as one pdf file for letter of explanation ?

tomgates

Feb 10, 2017
Yup that's what I did at least Honey, wrote a introductory letter too just to point out I meet all the requirements. You could do that or you can use online pdf editor to merge multiple pdf files together. E.g. google PDF escape.

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
tomgates said:
Yup that's what I did at least Honey, wrote a introductory letter too just to point out I meet all the requirements. You could do that or you can use online pdf editor to merge multiple pdf files together. E.g. google PDF escape.
Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the AOR email is not in Pdf format and the nomination letter is a password protected pdf file. So, I cannot merge them. I have to copy paste the content in MS Word. My concern is that we can edit the content in MS word like employment restrictions/address/employer name (basically everything), and I can't paste it in the exact format (font style). Will it be an issue ?

tomgates

Feb 10, 2017
Honey7949 said:
Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the AOR email is not in Pdf format and the nomination letter is a password protected pdf file. So, I cannot merge them. I have to copy paste the content in MS Word. My concern is that we can edit the content in MS word like employment restrictions/address/employer name (basically everything), and I can't paste it in the exact format (font style). Will it be an issue ?

For the AOR, you can save as pdf from word. With regards to Nomination Letter, can't really say as mine was a physical copy that I scanned in. I would just print and scan it in; they will fact check anyway and we scan in so many other documents too which you could potentially doctor. But don't quote me, you can call up CIC and ask them.

puneetdabra89

Sep 6, 2016
Hello
I am applying for my closed work permit with the same employer. I am stuck on one question
Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
What document do i have to upload in this section.
Please reply me asap as my work permit is expiring this week...
Thanks in advance

deepu034

Jul 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for Restoration of Status & Extension of my Open Work Permit (BOWP) on January 27, 2017. I have not received any update after this date.

Does anyone have any idea on how long could this process take ? I have sent a paper application to CPC - Vegreville, Alberta.

tomgates

Feb 10, 2017
deepu034 said:
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for Restoration of Status & Extension of my Open Work Permit (BOWP) on January 27, 2017. I have not received any update after this date.

Does anyone have any idea on how long could this process take ? I have sent a paper application to CPC - Vegreville, Alberta.
I am not sure about your situation with the restoration of status. But, from the cic online processing time webpage, for paper based applications for Work Permit Extension (new employer) or Work Permit Extension (same employer), the processing time is 101 days or 117 days respectively. So will be a while I imagine for you to hear back for that.

mvempr

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 14th 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 8 2017
Nomination.....
Sept 29th 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 10th 2016
Med's Request
December 19th
Med's Done....
March 13th
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 15th
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
How long does it takes to get workpermit application number once you submit online