+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017 applicant

sauga_applcnt

Mar 30, 2022
Hi! I've been keeping my eye on this forum for a few years now but this my first post here

I applied for citizenship back in January 2017. My application was processed fairly quickly and I was invited to write the test in March of that year. After passing the test, I was asked during the interview to mail the citizenship office translated photocopies of my all pages of my passport, which I did one week later. A whole year passed by and I was told that my application was being treated as non-routine which means it didn't adhere to the 12-month processing time. Later in July 2018 IRCC contacted me and asked me to provide entry & exit records from the UAE, which I did one month later. Ever since then, there had been no updates from IRCC regarding my application. I had spent the required days of physical presence and proved it by including my tax records, utility bills and academic record as I started and finished Bachelor of science degree in Canada during that period.

I have tried every way possible except lawyering up (going over this forum, I still haven't found any people that found this option to be helpful). I have sent IRCC many letters and even sent one to the office of the minister to no avail. I'm in regular contact with my MP's office and the answer is always the same: they're taking their time with it. I've asked for 2 or 3 ATIPs but then stopped when I was told that each ATIP delays my application by 5 weeks.

Now I'm finally starting to lose hope. So is anyone here or know someone whose application has been in process for this long??! And also whether anyone has any advice for me on whether should I just give up or maybe take some action that I haven't thought of yet. Any help is much appreciated.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi! I've been keeping my eye on this forum for a few years now but this my first post here

I applied for citizenship back in January 2017. My application was processed fairly quickly and I was invited to write the test in March of that year. After passing the test, I was asked during the interview to mail the citizenship office translated photocopies of my all pages of my passport, which I did one week later. A whole year passed by and I was told that my application was being treated as non-routine which means it didn't adhere to the 12-month processing time. Later in July 2018 IRCC contacted me and asked me to provide entry & exit records from the UAE, which I did one month later. Ever since then, there had been no updates from IRCC regarding my application. I had spent the required days of physical presence and proved it by including my tax records, utility bills and academic record as I started and finished Bachelor of science degree in Canada during that period.

I have tried every way possible except lawyering up (going over this forum, I still haven't found any people that found this option to be helpful). I have sent IRCC many letters and even sent one to the office of the minister to no avail. I'm in regular contact with my MP's office and the answer is always the same: they're taking their time with it. I've asked for 2 or 3 ATIPs but then stopped when I was told that each ATIP delays my application by 5 weeks.

Now I'm finally starting to lose hope. So is anyone here or know someone whose application has been in process for this long??! And also whether anyone has any advice for me on whether should I just give up or maybe take some action that I haven't thought of yet. Any help is much appreciated.
What is completed what is not in your application?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Later in July 2018 IRCC contacted me and asked me to provide entry & exit records from the UAE, which I did one month later. Ever since then,
Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
I have a few questions...
- How did you provide the Entry/Exit Records from the UAE ? Was copy of the passport pages or some kind of another document ?
- Did you travel extensively from UAE ?

sauga_applcnt

Mar 30, 2022
Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
I have a few questions...
- How did you provide the Entry/Exit Records from the UAE ? Was copy of the passport pages or some kind of another document ?
- Did you travel extensively from UAE ?
- uae border control will provide them if you make a request
- only once which was a year before I applied for citizenship. However, I used to live in the uae before I moved here

sauga_applcnt

Mar 30, 2022
Update: I recently had BG verification revert back to ‘in progress’ and then 6 days later again back to ‘completed’. This is the first I’ve had on my tracker in almost 4 years. Anyone knows what that might mean?

p.s. both physical presence and prohibitions are still ‘in progress’

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Update: I recently had BG verification revert back to ‘in progress’ and then 6 days later again back to ‘completed’. This is the first I’ve had on my tracker in almost 4 years. Anyone knows what that might mean?

p.s. both physical presence and prohibitions are still ‘in progress’
Ridiculous. Is this how they treat Muslims?