Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Manila is starting to look like a super slow VO :'( :-\ :-X :-[

I got a photo request last week and sent it there and havent heard anything yet other than that they changed the forms of payment and mine was no longer accepted..they said they would email me yesterday but havent heard from them so I guess I have to call again tongiht ! So frustrating

louise8118

Dec 28, 2015
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-JAN-2016
AOR Received.
24-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
29-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
08-DEC-2015
Passport Req..
EMAIL COPY 23-APR-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM 01-MAY-2016
z.coniglietti said:
Can someone please tell me if I as a sponsored person receive any email, or is it only the sponsor that receives emails?
In our case, the sponsor (my Canadian husband) received an email approving the sponsorship; the principal applicant (me) received an email requesting a passport copy, and the COPR came in the mail to the principal applicant. It arrived today, nine days after Ecas showed "decision made".

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
louise8118 said:
In our case, the sponsor (my Canadian husband) received an email approving the sponsorship; the principal applicant (me) received an email requesting a passport copy, and the COPR came in the mail to the principal applicant. It arrived today, nine days after Ecas showed "decision made".
In our case.. correspondence from the Manila Visa Office has been sent to both of our emails (both sponsor and principal applicant) they just send the same email to both of us and say that it is regarding the application to sponsor xxxxxx

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
NRSY said:
Manila is starting to look like a super slow VO :'( :-\ :-X :-[

I got a photo request last week and sent it there and havent heard anything yet other than that they changed the forms of payment and mine was no longer accepted..they said they would email me yesterday but havent heard from them so I guess I have to call again tongiht ! So frustrating
this is somewhat frustrating
other VO's are processing applications way more faster than how they do it before but in Manila VO it's a different scenario. :(
i think no one in september applicants ever got DM yet

hyow12

May 11, 2016
My husband is from Germany and I am a Canadian citizen.

We sent our application off in January and it was received on January 29th, 2016. I still haven't been approved to sponsor him! They haven't said we are missing any documents or asked for any additional information. I have called and used the online form to get more information but it wasn't until the 3rd week in April that they said they started processing the application.

It is now the middle of May and we still are waiting just for the approval to sponsor. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

I don't want to pester the processing center, because I've been told that can slow down the application even more, but I'm not sure what to do!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
hyow12 said:
My husband is from Germany and I am a Canadian citizen.

We sent our application off in January and it was received on January 29th, 2016. I still haven't been approved to sponsor him! They haven't said we are missing any documents or asked for any additional information. I have called and used the online form to get more information but it wasn't until the 3rd week in April that they said they started processing the application.

It is now the middle of May and we still are waiting just for the approval to sponsor. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

I don't want to pester the processing center, because I've been told that can slow down the application even more, but I'm not sure what to do!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!
You need to call the CIC about this. 41 days is the current SA processing times. It's likely that they approved the sponsor without updating eCAS or sending correspondence.

hyow12

May 11, 2016
I have called and talked to them on a few different occasions, but I was just told that they received it on the 29th of January and started processing it on the 23rd of April and that they would contact us if they needed any further information or if the status of our application changes.

I last contacted them on the 26th of April, do you think it would be too soon to call again already?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
hyow12 said:
I have called and talked to them on a few different occasions, but I was just told that they received it on the 29th of January and started processing it on the 23rd of April and that they would contact us if they needed any further information or if the status of our application changes.

I last contacted them on the 26th of April, do you think it would be too soon to call again already?
Did you make it clear you were talking about the sponsor's portion and not the principal applicant's? That you were verifying if the sponsor had been approved yet? It doesn't make sense that it would take that long for them to start processing the sponsor's portion. It sounds more like they started processing the applicant's portion.

Edit: Either way, it's been a little over a couple weeks, so if you still haven't had sponsorship approval after over 2 months... call again. It can't hurt.

hyow12

May 11, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Did you make it clear you were talking about the sponsor's portion and not the principal applicant's? That you were verifying if the sponsor had been approved yet? It doesn't make sense that it would take that long for them to start processing the sponsor's portion. It sounds more like they started processing the applicant's portion.
Yes, I made it very clear that I was talking about the sponsor's portion. Even on the CIC portal this is all it says about my application:

We received your application to sponsor ________ on January 29, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 26, 2016.
We started processing your application on April 25, 2016.

Trust me I don't think it makes sense either! That's why I'm so confused about what to do next.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
hyow12 said:
Yes, I made it very clear that I was talking about the sponsor's portion. Even on the CIC portal this is all it says about my application:

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 26, 2016.

Trust me I don't think it makes sense either! That's why I'm so confused about what to do next.
That's really odd. I'm sorry it's taking so long for your SA. It's been a bit over 2 weeks since the last time you called, so it wouldn't hurt to try again. I don't get what's taking them so long.

hyow12

May 11, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
That's really odd. I'm sorry it's taking so long for your SA. It's been a bit over 2 weeks since the last time you called, so it wouldn't hurt to try again. I don't get what's taking them so long.
Thanks for your help.
I'll give them a call today and hopefully receive some good news. ;D

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
hyow12 said:
Thanks for your help.
I'll give them a call today and hopefully receive some good news. ;D
Hopefully ;D. Well, at least you know they didn't lose your application.

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
FINALLY!!!!
September Applicants are starting to get their PPR
Thats somewhat a good news
CEM is alive again

louise8118

Dec 28, 2015
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-JAN-2016
AOR Received.
24-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
29-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
08-DEC-2015
Passport Req..
EMAIL COPY 23-APR-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM 01-MAY-2016
hyow12 said:

I think it is time to get your MP's office involved. Give them a call.