Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Technicalglitch said:
Hi all - I am new to the forum. I'm the sponsor (Ontario), my husband is American, married in 2014. We're January applicants, our package was received Jan 22 and we got the AOR (I'm new to all the acronyms but I think that is the right one) on March 4. I checked the website last night and it notes that the medical was received.

A couple of questions - the page that gives waiting times says that SA is taking 47 days right now - that's counted from the day they actually received the package though, right, so counting from Jan 22? Or should I count from March 4, when they acknowledged that they received it? We'd be at 58 days if it's from January. I'm not particularly worried about that, just curious. I'm guessing wait times were a bit longer back in January and that's likely why ours is taking longer? I'm also a contract worker (in Canada), and don't have full-time employment (but make plenty of money as a contract worker to sponsor), maybe that is slowing things down?

My other question is more general - once we get the confirmation of permanent residence (if I have the terminology correct), how long does my husband have before he has to take up residency here? We have a house in the States that would need to be sold, and he has to wrap up / move his business, so it's not like he can just hop on a plane right away, at least not without going back again to wrap things up.

If the applicant has to enter the country fairly quickly, how soon can he leave the Canada again if the house is not sold and he still has to return to the States to wrap up various things there? We know he's fairly free to leave, but we don't want to do anything to screw up the process, or delay his health care card etc.

Thanks for any advice on these things that anyone can give! It's nice to find a forum with folks in the same boat, and to see that things seem to actually be ticking along nicely for so many of you. :)
I think its 47 days from when you applied. I never got an email about SA so I called last week (My application was received Jan 19) and apparently someone had wrote that I had been approved to sponsor however a box forgot to be ticked and therefore I didnt receive an email about it. the lady on the phone requested that someone contact me about it to be sure but she said my package had been sent to the Manila visa office so that I shouldnt be worried. I checked ECAS too and both sides are in process which is a good sign.. so i wouldnt worry too much about it! I would try calling tomorrow!

For your second question.. once approved i think you have about 6 weeks to cross the border/land in Canada.. but he could definitely go back to the states to settle things up there.

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Bratia said:
Hello AG317 , in the application we just considered Policial Certificate but they asked Penal and Judicial Certificates and complete the form Schedule A. We already send it.
Thank You so much for letting us know! We only sent the Policial Certificate as well! Tomorrow my husband will go and get the Penal and Judical Certificates, i already let him know. Do they always need all 3, or do they only request them in special cases?
I think we will forward them to our representative as soon as we get them. Not sure if we should wait for CIC to request them, or just sent them?

Thanks again, we really appreciate your help! ;D

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
Mrs. C3 said:
Just checked Ecas today, and a line was added to PA side.They started processing on the 17th. I really hope they request for medical soon.

Excited wifey here
hi ! already had my upfront medical done today :) i'm about to email MVO via case enquiry now, they said that after a week if i haven't received any messages from the NHSI my medical was already sent to the MVO

jr4210

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
5-03-2016 / SA 17-03-2016
File Transfer...
28-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-10-2016
Hi all, quick question. On ecas, under the applicant's side, when I click 'In Process' it says:

1. We have received xyz application for permanent residence on ...
2. Medical results have been received

Nothing after that. Does that only mean they have received it and not started working on it yet?

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
jr4210 said:
Hi all, quick question. On ecas, under the applicant's side, when I click 'In Process' it says:

1. We have received xyz application for permanent residence on ...
2. Medical results have been received

Nothing after that. Does that only mean they have received it and not started working on it yet?
Mine says the same .. i think it will say something else when they start working on it

louise8118

Dec 28, 2015
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-JAN-2016
AOR Received.
24-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
29-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
08-DEC-2015
Passport Req..
EMAIL COPY 23-APR-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM 01-MAY-2016
Technicalglitch said:
My other question is more general - once we get the confirmation of permanent residence (if I have the terminology correct), how long does my husband have before he has to take up residency here? We have a house in the States that would need to be sold, and he has to wrap up / move his business, so it's not like he can just hop on a plane right away, at least not without going back again to wrap things up.

If the applicant has to enter the country fairly quickly, how soon can he leave the Canada again if the house is not sold and he still has to return to the States to wrap up various things there? We know he's fairly free to leave, but we don't want to do anything to screw up the process, or delay his health care card etc.
My understanding is everyone is different; he has to land before the medical expires and before his passport expires; whichever is earlier. He can leave the country (check your province's health care requirement to see how many days he can be out of the country).

Mrs. C3

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Stephan reily said:
hi ! already had my upfront medical done today :) i'm about to email MVO via case enquiry now, they said that after a week if i haven't received any messages from the NHSI my medical was already sent to the MVO
Hi,
Thanks for informing me.
I checked Ecas and it says they already started processing,do u know if it's still ok to do the upfront or just wait for the request?
What's NHSI by the way.
Thanks again

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
Mrs. C3 said:
Hi,
Thanks for informing me.
I checked Ecas and it says they already started processing,do u know if it's still ok to do the upfront or just wait for the request?
What's NHSI by the way.
Thanks again
NAtional Health System Incorporated :)
that's where i had my medicals done :)
i think if you're in Manila it would be in St. lukes

The receptionist asked me if i want to have an upfront medical since i already have a file number or i would rather wait for the request. (but i still pushed through on the Upfront hehe)I can still have my Upfront Medical,the only difference was,I would be the one informing the embassy and the MVO that i already had an upfront medical for them to be aware of it (the way it was instructed on the SA email). They gave me the E-medical information sheet that I have emailed to manilimmigration today attached to it was the SA email.

its up to you though if you want to wait for the medical request because i think that would be much more easier and less hassle. i was about to back out on the upfront but my husband insisted to do so since i'm already there:)

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Both side said in process
three lines

1. We received XXXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on January 5, 2016.
2. We started processing null XXXXXXXXXC's application on March 15, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

No news since then. I'm waiting for them to ask for police clearance cuz according to the guide that's what one should do.

Nothing else to do I think.

Best of luck everyone. Faster DM for all.

Mrs. C3

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Stephan reily said:
NAtional Health System Incorporated :)
that's where i had my medicals done :)
i think if you're in Manila it would be in St. lukes

The receptionist asked me if i want to have an upfront medical since i already have a file number or i would rather wait for the request. (but i still pushed through on the Upfront hehe)I can still have my Upfront Medical,the only difference was,I would be the one informing the embassy and the MVO that i already had an upfront medical for them to be aware of it (the way it was instructed on the SA email). They gave me the E-medical information sheet that I have emailed to manilimmigration today attached to it was the SA email.

its up to you though if you want to wait for the medical request because i think that would be much more easier and less hassle. i was about to back out on the upfront but my husband insisted to do so since i'm already there:)
Thanks for the response.
How did u get a file number? My Hubby doesn't have one yet.Will they ask for it incase he goes for the upfront?
Did they tell you how long before MVO or CiC request a medical?weeks?months?
Hubby has the flu right now so he can't have his upfront yet. We might as well just wait for the request.

Thanks so much for sharing, I really appreciate that

Dr.Megha

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/feb/2016
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10 March 2016
File Transfer...
22 March 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Spoke to CIC call agent today. He said my file has been approved on 10th march and sent to New Delhi visa office but they didn't sent SA email.
[/quote]

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Bratia said:
Hello AG317 , in the application we just considered Policial Certificate but they asked Penal and Judicial Certificates and complete the form Schedule A. We already send it.
So we have gotten the documents, now we are just wondering if they need to be translated. And if we can just scan them and forward them to our representative, or does it need to be the originals?

Would very much appreciate your help! Thanks so much !!

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
Mrs. C3 said:
Thanks for the response.
How did u get a file number? My Hubby doesn't have one yet.Will they ask for it incase he goes for the upfront?
Did they tell you how long before MVO or CiC request a medical?weeks?months?
Hubby has the flu right now so he can't have his upfront yet. We might as well just wait for the request.

Thanks so much for sharing, I really appreciate that
The file number was given on the AOR1 :)
Your husband can use it in accessing ecas :)
Yes i think its better for you to wait for the request
I dont know either they haven't told me about how long it will take for MVO to request for the medical

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
My ecas says in process in both the columns n lines stating they started processing xyz date....what does it means?that means they transferred my file to my local visa office?till now no SA...we used representative.guide me plz..

YumCha05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-17-2016
File Transfer...
03-03-2016
our PR side still doesn't have that line saying they started processing. still shows 2 lines:
-date received
-meds received

no update since the file was transferred to VO on March 6. :( :( :(

is it possible that they will never add that extra line?