+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BrettyMac said:
Thank you! It also took a few months longer than expected. Mine went to Ottawa too, even though we were expecting Vienna. That seems to be happening a lot lately.
How much time it showed on website for your expected vienna visa office??

Just asking so that i get to know they worked according to ottawa visa office or ur expected visa office time??

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarkiranKaur said:
Can someone please tell me what the acrynoms are? AOR AOR2 DM etc?

So far I got sponsor approval. And hubby's app was sent to NDVO in Feb and was eceived 21 March. The only update was 21 March stating his medical results were received. Nothing after that. Now we are into 6th month. What are these AOR2's and DMs people are talking about? Should we have heard something more by now?
AOR is the first acknowledgment from cic about your file has been received.
AOR 2 is from your expected visa office that ur file is received there(though not all offices sends this)
DM means decision made
I am not sure how much time delhi visa office is taking but i heard recently that within 3-4 months one ndvo case was processed.
But also for the past month all visa offices were kinda at a standstill..
Hoping to see results soon again..
Have a look at cic website how much time is mention there.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
CiC website says 17 months for outland spouse... :( I called the CiC toll free # and on there, there was a recording saying if you applied after Dec 2014, your file is not yet being processed and that the estimate is 26 months!!!!

My timeline was:

Sent 12 Jan, Signed for by CiC on 15 Jan. 25 Feb I received approval to be sponsor and that his app was sent to NDVO. Got notice on 21 March that his application was at NDVO and that his "medical results were received". Nothing updated since. In fact, even though I received the letter saying I was approved to be a sponsor, my status for the sponsor app on the website still shows as in process!! But I received the approval in Feb, 4 months ago!

I have heard about some India applications being approved in 6-9 months for spouse PR. But I would think that something... anything new should be updated on the CiC website since 21 March??

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarkiranKaur said:
My timeline was:
Sent 12 Jan, Signed for by CiC on 15 Jan. 25 Feb I received approval to be sponsor and that his app was sent to NDVO. Got notice on 21 March that his application was at NDVO and that his "medical results were received". Nothing updated since. In fact, even though I received the letter saying I was approved to be a sponsor, my status for the sponsor app on the website still shows as in process!! But I received the approval in Feb, 4 months ago!

I have heard about some India applications being approved in 6-9 months for spouse PR. But I would think that something... anything new should be updated on the CiC website since 21 March??
This is all normal.. Koi new update nai ayegi on webiste.. Until apka decision made hojae

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
HarkiranKaur said:
CiC website says 17 months for outland spouse... :( I called the CiC toll free # and on there, there was a recording saying if you applied after Dec 2014, your file is not yet being processed and that the estimate is 26 months!!!!

My timeline was:

I'm in the same boat time line/update wise... I've not heard anything since 17th March. My application to sponsor was approved - Ecas doesn't reflect my approval either. PR application for us was sent to London Visa Office... Here's hoping we both get good news soon! The waiting is hard!

CanaHn

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
BrettyMac said:
YES! We have news! My common-law partner just got his email today saying that his PR application has reached the final stage!! ;D Yippee!! Even says Decision Made on ecas.. Guess I didn't need to order the GCMS notes.. haha
OMG! that is amazing! congratulations!!! Im really happy for u!
Good news in January Forum make feel with more hope!

IsAJo

Apr 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2016
Doc's Request.
12/05/2016 Submitted docs: 31/05/2016
AOR Received.
17/03/2016 AOR2: 29/03/2016 Decision:23/06/2016
Med's Request
upfront
LANDED..........
30/06/2016 Coutts, AB
BrettyMac said:
YES! We have news! My common-law partner just got his email today saying that his PR application has reached the final stage!! ;D Yippee!! Even says Decision Made on ecas.. Guess I didn't need to order the GCMS notes.. haha
Congrats! We are a Feb applicant and also got our decision today as well. :)

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
skwan said:
Hi there thanks for your response!

The website only shows IN PROCESS but I think out consultant helped us apply through the Nairobi office.
I am really praying for the best and planning for the worst.
Will be forced to travel in September with our son first and hopefully before January of 2017, she gets to reunite with us.
We were already separated once because my work permit expired and she couldn't enter Canada after denied visitor's visa three times
Have u gotten any news from Nairobi?

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any jan 2016 applicant here ,whose file sent to cpc ottawa unexpectedly ,heard something from the visa office ??

snipk

Feb 25, 2015
I received my and my daughter's approval for residency in the mail today! So excited!!! :D :D :D I haven't been following this too closely lately (thinking it would now take another 10 months at the least or so), but I'm sure it's happening for others as well?

FYI: Applied outland and application was sent to Ottawa.

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
snipk said:
I received my and my daughter's approval for residency in the mail today! So excited!!! :D :D :D I haven't been following this too closely lately (thinking it would now take another 10 months at the least or so), but I'm sure it's happening for others as well?

Whoaaw!.. Congratulations...

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snipk said:

Ur visa office was ottawa or it was unexpectedly sent to ottawa??
Where are u from

dmac

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
3-03-2016
File Transfer...
8-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No, thank goodness.
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-28-2016
Hey guys,

I just wanted to chime in to say that my wife got her passport request today from Singapore! Seems some progress is slowly coming along to those of us who applied in January! ;D