File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
Hey everyone.. still waiting on the AOR (hopefully in the next few weeks!). :)

In the meantime.. can I actually log onto CIC and check status of anything yet? I've seen people refer to a "receipt number" that can be used to log in.. but what is that? Where do I find that? I've tried looking on the CIC page where you can login, but I can't figure out what any of the numbers they refer to are. Or do I just need to get ahold of my patience and wait for my AOR to arrive? ;)

Thanks!

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
So my application got returned today because apparently in the Generic Application Form (Page 2 Contact Information Q1), I mentioned my Canadian address for my wife's current mailing address, as my wife is currently living with me on this address on a TRV.

They said and I quote "A correction to the mailing address specified on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) to reflect the mailing address of the Principal Applicant; or, if the Principal Applicant wishes to have correspondence mailed to the address specified, a completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) is required for the authorization of release of documents and information to the individual residing at this address."

In this case, should I enter her Indian mailing address?

Request some urgent assistance as I need to rectify and send this application again tomorrow.

Cheers!

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
Hey! I got my application returned today, for the exact same reason!

Should we then put our spouses' Indian mailing address and resend the app?

LMG said:
My wife and I submitted our outland application on the 4th of January and it came back today on us. My wife is living with me here in Canada as a visitor and we submitted the form listing her mailing address as in Canada. Today we received the application back with a statement highlighted saying:

"A correction to the mailing address specified on the Generic Application Form to Canada (IMM0008) to reflect the mailing address of the Principal Applicant; or, if the Principal Applicant wishes to have correspondence mailed to the address specified, a complete and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM5476) is required for the authorization of release of documents and information to the individual residing at this address"

Has anyone had a similar experience? How was it resolved?

Thank you

CanadaPakistan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
BrettyMac said:
Hey everyone.. still waiting on the AOR (hopefully in the next few weeks!). :)

In the meantime.. can I actually log onto CIC and check status of anything yet? I've seen people refer to a "receipt number" that can be used to log in.. but what is that? Where do I find that? I've tried looking on the CIC page where you can login, but I can't figure out what any of the numbers they refer to are. Or do I just need to get ahold of my patience and wait for my AOR to arrive? ;)

Thanks!

Select "Receipt Number (IMM 5401)" from drop down list and provide name, dob and place of birth of PA.

You get this number when you pay for principal applicant. Usually it starts from "R......."

BrettyMac

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
CanadaPakistan said:
Select "Receipt Number (IMM 5401)" from drop down list and provide name, dob and place of birth of PA.

You get this number when you pay for principal applicant. Usually it starts from "R......."
Great - found it. Thank you!

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
CanadaPakistan said:

I have tried to log in with my receipt number but they have not
Opened my application yet as it says the receipt number was not recognized. Fingers crossed my app wasn't sent back! Hoping for good news soon!

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
canadafsw2015 said:
Hey! I got my application returned today, for the exact same reason!

Should we then put our spouses' Indian mailing address and resend the app?
I am curious as to why you have to sign the use of representative form? Do we need to send this signed even if we do not use a representative?? I am worried my application will be sent back due to me having my mailing address different then my residing address. Doesn't make sense to me.

CanadaPakistan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
countrygal said:
I have tried to log in with my receipt number but they have not
Opened my application yet as it says the receipt number was not recognized. Fingers crossed my app wasn't sent back! Hoping for good news soon!
Make sure to type principal applicant information not the sponsor when selecting this option.

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Ok great thanks! I will try that now! Most likely will get the same response.

user1111

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
I am also worried about the same thing as I am putting mailing address different than residential address for me (sponsor) and my spouse both.

Does this mean we have to put mailing address as residential address if we are not filling representative form.

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
user1111 said:
I am also worried about the same thing as I am putting mailing address different than residential address for me (sponsor) and my spouse both.

Does this mean we have to put mailing address as residential address if we are not filling representative form.

Yeah this would not be fair. I live in Mexico and they do not deliver mail to my place, all they do is throw things on the street so I put my Canadian address as my mailing address. You think that would be ok no??? Because it does ask "is your mailing address the same as your residential address?" So I clicked no. And I put my mailing address to my parents in Canada.

user1111

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
I wish and hope they accept your file with this address.

I haven't sent my file and going to send it tomorrow hopefully.

So that is why trying to make sure what I should do.

Same reason I have that it takes very long to recieve any post on my spouse's mailing address in India. So we thought to put some relatives's address as mailing address in same city where the NDVO office is. Wonder if it is going to fine ?

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
That's exactly what I am wondering! Can anyone please reassure us that using a different mailing address other than your residential address is ok???

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
CanadaPakistan said:
Make sure to type principal applicant information not the sponsor when selecting this option.
Yeah I was right. Nothing on my application yet on the website. Has anyone who sent theirs in January been able to see anything online??

Blythe_

Feb 10, 2016
canadafsw2015 said:
So my application got returned today because apparently in the Generic Application Form (Page 2 Contact Information Q1), I mentioned my Canadian address for my wife's current mailing address, as my wife is currently living with me on this address on a TRV.

They said and I quote "A correction to the mailing address specified on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) to reflect the mailing address of the Principal Applicant; or, if the Principal Applicant wishes to have correspondence mailed to the address specified, a completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) is required for the authorization of release of documents and information to the individual residing at this address."

In this case, should I enter her Indian mailing address?

Request some urgent assistance as I need to rectify and send this application again tomorrow.

Cheers!

Is your spouse mailing address different from the residential address?