+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2016 Applications

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter if you send by Canada Post or UPS or any other. Suggest you should have a tracking so as to ensure that the item was delivered.
Steps:
1. Keep all papers together as a single bunch plus 2 photos in a small envelope on top and put a paper clip for the whole set.
2. Send it to them with or without tracking (recommend - tracking)
3. Update our google doc spreadsheet
4. Post the message that you have done keep on updating and hope for the best :D :D

takamasa

Jan 31, 2016
one few more questions

there's a question on the form said "when did you first come to live in Canada?" what if i came before with my student visa, does it count?

also how do they notify you saying they are processing your application and how do u check ur status? will they send something to u by mail or email?

thanks and sorry again for so many questions

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe that for "when did you first come to live in Canada?" - better to answer it as the date you came before with student visa. It will not count for your residency calculator as days will be counted after you became a PR as per the new rules.
or call them and check.

Once u submit, will get an ack by email or post (AOR)

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raja420 said:
My Application has been returned on January 29th, due to the same Language Evidence missing. I guess I have to do the same what you are doing. I am Pissed!!!.... But they did date stamp it.
WHat if they return my app. can i use the same application that use or do i need to print the new citizenship application? i already send my application last week jan 29 im still worrying about my proof of language:( i just include my transcript of record with the stamp of the school, they need the completion but im still in school 2 more months to complete my course , and that program is for 1yr only..

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will definitely return it if it's not on there list. Better to use the online wizard on CIC website to see if your transcripts qualify. Yes you can use the same application if it's returned. I am booked for CELPIP test next week.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

JigJig

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-14-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-10
Med's Done....
16-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Hello, just submitted our family (4) application on Jan 28. Tracking says it already got delivered (Feb 1). Though I have a concern. My youngest is 8 and the ID's ive sent with pic is the PR card and the passport. I also included the health card even it has no pic.

Photocopied docs for the kids:
-Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
-Birth Certificate
-PR card
-Passport (Biographical page / new and expired)
-Health card (1 with pic / other has no pic)
-language proof - N/A - under 12

Should this be a concern?

Cheers...

SapDee

Jan 25, 2016
I sent my application yesterday Feb 2, 2016 with all the documents listed in the checklist.

Good Luck All!!

Thanks

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
JigJig said:
Hello, just submitted our family (4) application on Jan 28. Tracking says it already got delivered (Feb 1). Though I have a concern. My youngest is 8 and the ID's ive sent with pic is the PR card and the passport. I also included the health card even it has no pic.

Photocopied docs for the kids:
-Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
-Birth Certificate
-PR card
-Passport (Biographical page / new and expired)
-Health card (1 with pic / other has no pic)
-language proof - N/A - under 12

Should this be a concern?

Cheers...

As long you have sent all required doc's and paid required, got the required number of minimum days in Canada, it should be OK.

If your kid's health card does not have picture of your kid. I dont think it's really matter as it how the government issued it.

joote

Dec 15, 2015
well, i guess i will join your club. i sent my application on December, 2015 but they returned as a result of missing language evidence. However, yesterday i sent my application back to them along with my CELPIP score result. since they didn't mention any problem rather than the language proof. I'm hoping that they will accept my application this time. i wish you guys best of luck in your application as well. :)

JigJig

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-14-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-10
Med's Done....
16-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Canadiandesi2006 said:
As long you have sent all required doc's and paid required, got the required number of minimum days in Canada, it should be OK.

If your kid's health card does not have picture of your kid. I dont think it's really matter as it how the government issued it.
Thanks for the reply Canadiandesi2006!

phinkie17

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27, 2016
AOR Received.
February 5, 2016
I already received our AOR today. I just want to know what Identification number I can use to check my application status? There's a UCI in the doc and a confirmation number. Thanks.

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raja420 said:
My Application has been returned on January 29th, due to the same Language Evidence missing. I guess I have to do the same what you are doing. I am Pissed!!!.... But they did date stamp it.
[/q

raja is there any email or any online to check if they will retun ur application? how do i know if theres problem? any site or email? or they just send bback to u thru mail?

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Whole application was returned. That is the new rule after June 11/2015. Letter said language evidence not on list of acceptable documents. I am booked for the CELPIP test on February 15. I will resend my application once I have the Certificate. Have to pay $175 and drive 150km to a different city. My City has a two month wait list. You just have to wait patiently. My application was returned with in 10 days.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Raja420, I had the same problem as yours and my application was returned on Jan 28. But I had to wait only 1 week for a celpip test in Surrey, BC. I did my test yesterday and seems to be fairly easy. Now waiting for result and in another 2 weeks, will resubmit to CIC.

Ywcat

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-12-2016
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 19, 2016.
We started processing your application on January 22, 2016.
We sent you a notice on February 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.