15-12-2013
Interview........
Waived IP: 22.08.2014
Passport Req..
2 Oct 2014, DM: 2 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
monica puri said:
Any newdelhi january applicant recieved their ppr ?? Its been three months i heard from ndvo about my application recieved, when will i get my ppr??
Hi Monica,

I am a Jan'14 applicant as well and have not got PPR req. These days they are asking for it at a later stage i.e. when they plan to put it in 'In Process' status. Along with this forum, I would suggest you to join 'New Delhi 2014 applicants' as well.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hi,

I'm about to file for my spouse's sponsorship, can anyone please tell me how to do upfront medicals so that we can save some time.
It will be of great help if you can share your experience on small important things to take care during the process. So that wastage of time can be prevented.
Thank you

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Radium said:
Hi,

I'm about to file for my spouse's sponsorship, can anyone please tell me how to do upfront medicals so that we can save some time.
It will be of great help if you can share your experience on small important things to take care during the process. So that wastage of time can be prevented.
Thank you
Hi,

You should contact a panel physician closest or most convenient to you, here's the list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
You just take an appointment, you don't need to fill in any forms in advance since you do it at the doctor. Just be prepared to spend some time and a lot of money, since they will do x-ray, blood test and urinal test.

For important things... mostly remember to triple check every form and all the needed attachments!

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Aniabella said:
Hi,

You should contact a panel physician closest or most convenient to you, here's the list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
You just take an appointment, you don't need to fill in any forms in advance since you do it at the doctor. Just be prepared to spend some time and a lot of money, since they will do x-ray, blood test and urinal test.

For important things... mostly remember to triple check every form and all the needed attachments!
Thank you Aniabella for your help. Just read on CIC website that it's mandatory to give an upfront medicals for Spouse sponsorship otherwise they return it to the applicant.

Jbedi

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
17-02-2014
File Transfer...
28-02-2014
Med's Request
Updated on ECAS
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
Interview........
Waived IP: 22.08.2014
Passport Req..
2 Oct 2014, DM: 2 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
Radium said:
Hi,

Thank you
Hi Radium,

You definitely should go for upfront medical. As we are suppose to send the medical receipt with the application filed.Hope this helps. Let me know if you need help over hospital names of India.

Mevers

Jun 12, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking this thread for a while as I am also a January 2014 Outland Applicant. My Visa Office is in Manila.

I checked on ECAS and it says that they received my application to sponsor on January 23,2014 and they sent a letter on February 28, 2014 about the decision. When I check my wife's Permanent Residence Application status, it just says they received it on January 23,2014.

I'm just wondering because I noticed this on a lot of your guys' signatures:

What does "File Transfer" mean? because I don't see anything on ECAS about that. I just wanted to make sure that everything is fine with my application.

Thanks for your help guys.

PS: can you also add me to the spreadsheet?

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Mevers said:
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking this thread for a while as I am also a January 2014 Outland Applicant. My Visa Office is in Manila.

I checked on ECAS and it says that they received my application to sponsor on January 23,2014 and they sent a letter on February 28, 2014 about the decision. When I check my wife's Permanent Residence Application status, it just says they received it on January 23,2014.

I'm just wondering because I noticed this on a lot of your guys' signatures:

What does "File Transfer" mean? because I don't see anything on ECAS about that. I just wanted to make sure that everything is fine with my application.

Thanks for your help guys.

PS: can you also add me to the spreadsheet?
I added you on the spreadsheet, welcome and good luck with your application!

File Transfer is more like the Sponsorship Approval, since that is the day when they move it to the Visa Office. That's the closest there is as a choice for the forum for the SA.

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Erm, can I have my permanent residency now please?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
Erm, can I have my permanent residency now please?
Agreed. I'd like that now too.

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Zarilenth said:
Agreed. I'd like that now too.
Me too, please. Even an RPRF request would be much appreciated.

I'm starting to be paranoid and think they wrote my e-mail wrong and I will miss the request somehow. We paid a week ago though, without the request and waiting for the GCMS notes! Not too happy either that London VO has slowed down this year.

Angel28

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
Doc's Request.
23-12-2014 / 16-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
File Transfer...
19-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront / July 22, 2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2014 / 19-08-2015
Interview........
No
Aniabella said:
Me too, please. Even an RPRF request would be much appreciated.

I'm starting to be paranoid and think they wrote my e-mail wrong and I will miss the request somehow. We paid a week ago though, without the request and waiting for the GCMS notes! Not too happy either that London VO has slowed down this year.
It's bad news :(

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Still haven't heard anything after my resubmit in March. Really, REALLY angry now. This is ridiculous, where's my file? Is anyone actually even looking at it? I guess my sponsor will have to call again. So fed up. :mad:

antho_2000

Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (but it seems L.A. made the call)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 27
AOR Received.
sometime in feb
Med's Request
sent with the app
Med's Done....
sent with the app
I see a lot of people are getting frustrated at all this waiting period and the zero communication we get from immigration canada throughout the process. I am with you but let's cheer up. Once all this is over, it will be a good story to tell the grand kids ! :)

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
I know I shouldn't complain too much as it has only been around 5 months since I submitted my application. However, it's just so frustrating having to stop working in my dream job and career here in Canada while I wait for my PR to come through. It almost seems absurd that there is no way to get a bridging visa through the Common-Law application process to carry on working until I hear the outcome of my application. Economically, it makes no sense for Canada to stop future permanent residents to stop working and become unemployed while they wait for the outcome. Fortunately my employer is holding my job for me, but if this process drags on into the Autumn, I'm not sure how patient they will be.

Why does it take CIC such an eternity to process these applications. In the UK and most EU countries, spousal PR applications take no longer than 90 days.

Okay, rant over!

antho_2000

Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (but it seems L.A. made the call)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 27
AOR Received.
sometime in feb
Med's Request
sent with the app
Med's Done....
sent with the app
MrPineappleHead said:
I know I shouldn't complain too much as it has only been around 5 months since I submitted my application. However, it's just so frustrating having to stop working in my dream job and career here in Canada while I wait for my PR to come through. It almost seems absurd that there is no way to get a bridging visa through the Common-Law application process to carry on working until I hear the outcome of my application. Economically, it makes no sense for Canada to stop future permanent residents to stop working and become unemployed while they wait for the outcome. Fortunately my employer is holding my job for me, but if this process drags on into the Autumn, I'm not sure how patient they will be.

Why does it take CIC such an eternity to process these applications. In the UK and most EU countries, spousal PR applications take no longer than 90 days.

Okay, rant over!

I agree with you 100%. There is no sense in this. My wife is in a similar situation. There has to be a political reason behind it. Something obscure that we are not aware of.

It's as if they have not taken into consideration that with long waiting periods, they might just loose the Canadien Citizen in the process !
My wife is american and she is coming to Canada because that was the original plan and she loves Montreal but if the waiting times would be closer to 24 months.. It would have been the other way around (also if we get any hick ups, we will consider it strongly). I would have left Canada, after all the money the governments have put in my education, my health and the other services. I would have left, at the peek of my productivity, at the peak of my tax dollars going in the government's pocket. Not smart.

It's not so bad for the American gov to loose a citizen, since they pay for their own health care and their own higher education.. there is not much money invested in them.