16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
I received an email that I'm scheduled for an interview on January 22, 2015, 3pm, Vienna office.
The email stated that I needed to bring further proof of communication, pictures, trip tickets if my spouse came to visit/vice versa, any additional documents showing proof of joint mortgages, bank accounts etc., and my passport (probably just for I.D. purposes since I'm Visa exempt.)

My medical has just recently expired, and I will need to pay back airline fees as well. No changes were made on ECAS.
The upside is that I didn't have to wait 17 months to hear from them =D (that's the standard wait time at the Vienna office.)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4roness said:
I received an email that I'm scheduled for an interview on January 22, 2015, 3pm, Vienna office.
The email stated that I needed to bring further proof of communication, pictures, trip tickets if my spouse came to visit/vice versa, any additional documents showing proof of joint mortgages, bank accounts etc., and my passport (probably just for I.D. purposes since I'm Visa exempt.)

My medical has just recently expired, and I will need to pay back airline fees as well. No changes were made on ECAS.
The upside is that I didn't have to wait 17 months to hear from them =D (that's the standard wait time at the Vienna office.)
I'm wondering what type of "relationship proof" you sent with your application. Did you sent proof of ongoing communications? Did you get married on the first time you visited each other?

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
O_guy said:
I'm wondering what type of "relationship proof" you sent with your application. Did you sent proof of ongoing communications? Did you get married on the first time you visited each other?
Many members on here (and lawyers) will say that it's not necessary to send any ongoing communication or updates until CIC asks for it (otherwise you'd be sending it constantly, which can be a hassle for them to keep updating your file over the course of the year, a bit counterproductive so it's understandable.)
We sent in the standard relationship proof: Pictures, text messages, bank statements showing outings, gifts, etc. Tons of letters from friends and family, wedding pics. Proof of ongoing communication and other evidence is self explanatory to bring to an interview or provide CIC with, since it's been 11 months since we applied. In other words, CIC just wants to see if the couple has been communicating normally, and not just during the time of applying.
To answer your last question: We got married a year after we met. We met through family friends, in person at a BBQ, way before I got refused for my refugee status.

Hope that clears things up a bit. =)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4roness said:
Many members on here (and lawyers) will say that it's not necessary to send any ongoing communication or updates until CIC asks for it (otherwise you'd be sending it constantly, which can be a hassle for them to keep updating your file over the course of the year, a bit counterproductive so it's understandable.)
We sent in the standard relationship proof: Pictures, text messages, bank statements showing outings, gifts, etc. Tons of letters from friends and family, wedding pics. Proof of ongoing communication and other evidence is self explanatory to bring to an interview or provide CIC with, since it's been 11 months since we applied. In other words, CIC just wants to see if the couple has been communicating normally, and not just during the time of applying.
To answer your last question: We got married a year after we met. We met through family friends, in person at a BBQ, way before I got refused for my refugee status.

Hope that clears things up a bit. =)
b4roness, thank you for the detailed response. It appears you have better case than many people on these forums. In the year and half that I have been reading these forums, I noticed that some visa offices are more likely to request interview than other visa offices. For example, the Manila VO is less likely to request an interview. In your case, I wonder if your earlier application for refugee status has a lot to do with the reason they are requesting interview.

I have a friend who went through an interview with his wife. Knowing his case, my advice to you is not to get emotional or argumentative during the interview. Just stick to the facts of your relationship and keep professional demeanor. Meanwhile, keep in mind that there is an appeal process if an outland application is denied. Good luck.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
O_guy said:
b4roness, thank you for the detailed response. It appears you have better case than many people on these forums. In the year and half that I have been reading these forums, I noticed that some visa offices are more likely to request interview than other visa offices. For example, the Manila VO is less likely to request an interview. In your case, I wonder if your earlier application for refugee status has a lot to do with the reason they are requesting interview.

I have a friend who went through an interview with his wife. Knowing his case, my advice to you is not to get emotional or argumentative during the interview. Just stick to the facts of your relationship and keep professional demeanor. Meanwhile, keep in mind that there is an appeal process if an outland application is denied. Good luck.
Thank you for the heads up! =D
My refugee status is 110% the only reason I'm being called in for an interview. I doubt they'd ask me if my relationship is genuine, but they will definitely ask if we got married within a year due to the failed case. The upside? I have evidence from wedding forums stating how many people got engaged/married in less than a year, some within 6 months! I know people who got married in less time as well. I'm totally calm about this because we have nothing to hide, and that's also a reason why I freely share my story. I have no faults behind it, and it may help people in the future.

In case it helps: We got married months before I was notified that I needed to leave the country. Another officer had told me quite the opposite, stating that I will be fine, to make the monthly calls to CIC to check in, and to work on our sponsorship case. Clearly stuff changed around June 2012, and in August I was told that I had 30 days to leave, no chance of PRRA. Fantastic.

It's a double edged sword. To some, being overly professional during an interview may trigger a red flag, making you seem like you don't genuinely care for the relationship or case. To others, being overly emotional shows how much you miss your spouse, that you care, etc. I'm beyond broken, mentally, physically, spiritually. I have no idea how I'll react emotionally when I get up to Vienna. Perhaps I'll be calm and focused, or perhaps all this pain that I've been bottling inside will spill out and I'll break down.
Being separated from your spouse is horrific. I never wish this hell upon anyone. All I can say to fellow applicants is to stay strong, keep calm, be truthful at all times!!!!!
(I heard that the Vienna VO is full of nice officers who actually care about the cases. Hope it stays that way :) )

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4roness said:
Thank you for the heads up! =D
My refugee status is 110% the only reason I'm being called in for an interview. I doubt they'd ask me if my relationship is genuine, but they will definitely ask if we got married within a year due to the failed case. The upside? I have evidence from wedding forums stating how many people got engaged/married in less than a year, some within 6 months! I know people who got married in less time as well. I'm totally calm about this because we have nothing to hide, and that's also a reason why I freely share my story. I have no faults behind it, and it may help people in the future.
My understanding is that they can only deny spousal sponsorship if they think the relationship is not genuine. I have never seen a CIC rule that says getting married within a year of your refugee denial is a reason to be denied a spousal sponsorship. I would think that the CIC officer does not want to be overturned and therefore, he/she will make a final decision based on the legitimacy of your relationship.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
O_guy said:
My understanding is that they can only deny spousal sponsorship if they think the relationship is not genuine. I have never seen a CIC rule that says getting married within a year of your refugee denial is a reason to be denied a spousal sponsorship. I would think that the CIC officer does not want to be overturned and therefore, he/she will make a final decision based on the legitimacy of your relationship.
Then we can breathe easy =D

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Hello :)

Please update the spreadsheet again for CocoVanilla !!!

My husband got the call on December 3rd to send in his passport !! We are ecstatic. Hopefully he will be landing in a couple of weeks.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting... The feeling when you reach the end is so surreal. I truly hope that you all get through in the very near future.

antho_2000

Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (but it seems L.A. made the call)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 27
AOR Received.
sometime in feb
Med's Request
sent with the app
Med's Done....
sent with the app
in process dec 4 ! csq request.. ?

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
antho_2000 said:
Congrats antho_2000 !!!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
antho_2000 said:
Did you send your CSQ yet? Did you get it yet?

ECAS is not working today for me.

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Hi again.....

Our ECAS shows "decision made" as of today. Yay!!!

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
CocoVanilla said:
Hi again.....

Our ECAS shows "decision made" as of today. Yay!!!
Conratulations Cocovanilla! I updated the spreadsheet.

antho_2000

Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (but it seems L.A. made the call)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 27
AOR Received.
sometime in feb
Med's Request
sent with the app
Med's Done....
sent with the app
decision made ! (i had sent the CSQ twice in the past many months ago actually... but wtv.. )

waiting to find out more.. it says they will contact my wife soon !! it's gotta be good news.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
antho_2000 said:
decision made ! (i had sent the CSQ twice in the past many months ago actually... but wtv.. )

waiting to find out more.. it says they will contact my wife soon !! it's gotta be good news.
so you are still languishing sent mine 1/17 with a resend in March. SA in July then CSQ request for September which I had a hard time getting all the documents ( it was very difficult and expensive to get a color copy) so they received it on 11/5. So some is my fault but why it took 4 months for SA is ridiculous. People from June are done. Mine got bumped I guess.