Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Hey guys, how is everyone, here, hope you all in good health))). :)

Just wanted to ask you guys a question(s)"

Here's our timeline:

December 06, 2013-Application and Meds completed and filed with CIC in Toronto

January 30th, 2014-Application Approved

June 26th, 2014-Passport Request from Canadian Embassy in Manila

My wife sent everything on June 30th, 2014. In the letter to send passport request they stated that we have to send everything within 45 days of that letter which was dated June 26th, 2014.

What i want to know guys if any of you guys had their E-CAS changed ours still saying Meds received and application and decision made ( on my side) not on my wife's, i guess it will change once they send in your passport or about to do so. Some folks told me that the application will be revisited within that time period which is in our case 45 days.

Any suggestions, advices would be really appreciated. I know, after all its a case to case basis, it all depends on Visa officer etc. but nevertheless any help would be great. Have a great weekend everyone

cjpwolf

Jan 17, 2014
I received my COPR yesterday, the 18th of June. All I need to bring to the border is the forms they sent me and my passport, is that right?

Does anyone know if it is quicker to go to the border and get it done, or go to the local immigration office? I live just outside Toronto.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
cjpwolf said:
I received my COPR yesterday, the 18th of June. All I need to bring to the border is the forms they sent me and my passport, is that right?

Does anyone know if it is quicker to go to the border and get it done, or go to the local immigration office? I live just outside Toronto.
I think its quicker to just go to the border and "flagpole". If you want to do it at the local office, you have to take appointment, which may take longer and not fit with your schedule.
That would be a good reason to go out of city and enjoy on Niagara Falls side if you're west of TO.

cjpwolf

Jan 17, 2014
Edgehead78 said:
I think its quicker to just go to the border and "flagpole". If you want to do it at the local office, you have to take appointment, which may take longer and not fit with your schedule.
That would be a good reason to go out of city and enjoy on Niagara Falls side if you're west of TO.
Thanks, I am going down tomorrow :D

Simz123

Jul 9, 2014
Zarilenth said:
No. Mine went to DM and I never got PPR, and I got my COPR in the mail a week later.

Hi all, I am Sim. We applied for my hubby's sponsorship and today got an email requesting his passport. We are confused about htis IMM 5688. Do we send it alongwith the passport or they send it later on with the visa. I am totally confused coz its not clear in the email. Could anyone help please?

This is a copy paste of what we received. the highlighted part in bold and italics is where we are confused.

CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca .

***You must now submit your passport(s) to CPC-O in order to finalize your application. Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.

1. Did your family composition change since our last correspondence?

· Have you married, or divorced or separated?

· Have you given birth or adopted a child?

· Do you intend to get married or divorced or separated prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

· Have you been the subject of any criminal charges or convictions?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPC-O immediately. Failure to declare any of the above changes could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and the refusal of your application. Failure to declare a family member (spouse, common-law partner, or dependent child) will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class, according to paragraph 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

2. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as soon as possible. No other reminder will be sent. Failure to provide the required document(s) within 60 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

3. Passport requirements

You are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member:

Any help is appreciated... Thanks in advance.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
cjpwolf said:
I landed today, flag poling was no issue.
Glad to know it went well your landing. I completed your line on the sheet. Congratulations and welcome to Canada as a PR.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
A really excited girly here!!! My hubby's sponsorship application went from 'application received' to decision made' on eCAS. Plus we just need to fill out one form for Quebec and that's done. What happens after that? How fast did it go after that?

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
blueangel371115 said:
A really excited girly here!!! My hubby's sponsorship application went from 'application received' to decision made' on eCAS. Plus we just need to fill out one form for Quebec and that's done. What happens after that? How fast did it go after that?
First of all congrats on your hubby's decision made. I updated the spreadsheet.
May I ask which form for Quebec you need? My wife will also be bound for Quebec and I'm not aware of any forms except if youre still processing for CSQ.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Edgehead78 said:
First of all congrats on your hubby's decision made. I updated the spreadsheet.
May I ask which form for Quebec you need? My wife will also be bound for Quebec and I'm not aware of any forms except if youre still processing for CSQ.
I've got to get my CSQ but they have a whole checklist that goes with Kit A for spouses ( half of it I can't translate). They need their own undertaking, proofs, payment receipt and the CSQ. It sounds like you send the whole packet in and that's how they decide whether to issue a CSQ and then notify the CIC. Granted my French isn't great but it sounds like they have a whole separate process of their own and it's more than just the sponsored person applying for a CSQ. If you can make heads or tails of it and save me more of a headache, I'd be much appreciated but I was just on the website today and they have updated some things since I was on in January and I don't want any more snafus. I've gone through enough already due to missing/incorrect paperwork. Sorry if this sounds short, I'm just worn out and it almost feels like I'm starting over yet again.

I read it for the fifth time, yup you send the application for a CSQ with your Undertaking, all your documents ( passport info, bills and other id info and letter from the CIC) and payment at the same time along with the checklist.

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
blueangel371115 said:
Congrats on your SA!

I suppose you're going for CSQ? Just fill in these forms on this website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

I think the instructions are quite straight forward, you just sent in the application, the attachments mentioned on the check list and the payment (269 CAD) to MICC. It takes about a month to get your CSQ mailed to you. There's going to be two copies, one you should give/send to your husband and the other one is in case the visa office will request it later. Usually they don't, but sometimes they don't get the CSQ for some reason from MICC. In my case they requested it just in case they don't receive it from MICC, even though later they did. After getting your CSQ the visa office will start processing your file for your PR.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Aniabella said:
Congrats on your SA!

I suppose you're going for CSQ? Just fill in these forms on this website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

I think the instructions are quite straight forward, you just sent in the application, the attachments mentioned on the check list and the payment (269 CAD) to MICC. It takes about a month to get your CSQ mailed to you. There's going to be two copies, one you should give/send to your husband and the other one is in case the visa office will request it later. Usually they don't, but sometimes they don't get the CSQ for some reason from MICC. In my case they requested it just in case they don't receive it from MICC, even though later they did. After getting your CSQ the visa office will start processing your file for your PR.
Actually I checked the link you provided and they changed the forms since we did ours. They included a big checklist, in french, of supporting documents of CSQ application.

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Edgehead78 said:
Actually I checked the link you provided and they changed the forms since we did ours. They included a big checklist, in french, of supporting documents of CSQ application.
Yeah that's why I said "the attachments mentioned on the checklist". I still think it's rather straight forward and the supporting documents haven't really increased, just a passport copy of the one you are sponsoring. I don't remember if they asked for the proof of residence before, but other than that I don't see many changes. The checklist is in French, that's the only other change too I see.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Aniabella said:
Yeah that's why I said "the attachments mentioned on the checklist". I still think it's rather straight forward and the supporting documents haven't really increased, just a passport copy of the one you are sponsoring. I don't remember if they asked for the proof of residence before, but other than that I don't see many changes. The checklist is in French, that's the only other change too I see.
Yeah it's really annoying as I can't even really read the checklist. I had to use Google translate and I don't necessarily trust that either. But the last thing I want is more delays due to missing documents as I already went through that with the CIC, that's why my first stage (SA) took 3 months.
They want pay stubs, phone/hydro/cable bills showing address and/or his driver's license, both passport color copies, two copies of the undertaking from what I understood. Oh and a letter from his boss and his tax info. I really hope they don't need ALL that and I'm just misreading it.

My French isn't that good and hubby can't read it much better ( one reason, among many I honestly don't want to move here, no offense, but hubby wants to stay near family). My hubby speaks it very well just certain nuances in reading it cause him hang ups. and it's not that I'm not willing to try but all I have is 3 years of highschool french which consists of little more than verb conjugation and asking where the bathroom is. So that leaves me very dependent on my husband for everything. It's not that I don't want to learn/relearn, I most definitely do as it's a great skill to have, it's just with a soon-to-be newborn I don't know where I'd find the time and I'm scared.

Sorry to bother or insult anyone, it's not my intent, this process so far has been very stressful and along with the personal stress I've had in the past seven months (new marriage, my grandmother's death, my pregnancy) it's adding up and I just want to move on with my life. I know it sounds like I'm being a whiny brat but I really need to vent because no one seems to get it except you folks. My sincerest apologies.

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
blueangel371115 said:
Yeah it's really annoying as I can't even really read the checklist. I had to use Google translate and I don't necessarily trust that either.But the last thing I want is more delays due to missing documents as I already went through that with the CIC, that's why my first stage (SA) took 3 months.
They want pay stubs, phone/hydro/cable bills showing address and/or his driver's license, both passport color copies, two copies of the undertaking from what I understood. Oh and a letter from his boss and his tax info. I really hope they don't need ALL that and I'm just misreading it. My French isn't that good and hubby can't read it much better ( one reason, among many I honestly don't want to move here, no offense, but hubby wants to stay near family). My hubby speaks it very well just certain nuances in reading it cause him hang ups.
I don't think they need any proof of income, since spousal sponsorship is not subject to financial requirements in Quebec. You just need to prove his residence/address (the latest pay stub, phone etc bills... just need one of those), proof of identity for the sponsor (can be a passport copy as well), color photocopy of the passport for the sponsored, your SA letter, CSQ application for the sponsored, and two copies of the undertaking. The list seems big because they give many options per choice, but you mostly need to pick just one, like proof of identity you can just take a copy of his passport.