N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
helix said:
Did you receive the acceptance letter from GBC ... If yes, then how mch time did they take ? ...
Applied a few days back only..
So too soon as yet to recieve any updates on the acceptance...

I did get a reply from the representative of Cennential that Project Management course is only offered to the people with trechnology background. I do not see how that makes any sense but cant argue with them so moving on..

Will update as I get replies from institutions.

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Ravneetbhullar1234 said:
Thanks for telling me everything so clearly...actually i wanted to go for PhD but could not go as procedure for applying is very difficult ( u have to arrange for professors and other things before applying). Moreover, indian students are not welcomed for research..so I made up my mind for advance diploma. Following is my profile...cn you suggest me someting acc to that (visa chances etc)

IELTS- Band 8 {L-9 ; R-8.5 ; W-7 ; S-7}
B.Sc- biotechnology-67%
M.Sc Stem cell research (subject of life sciences)-67%
B.ed (most recent)- 74%
Now applying for: advance diploma(fast track) in BIOTECHNOLOGY TECHNOLOGISTin college under spp

What are the chances??? :-[

Thanks in advance
Again buddy,

I come for a commerce background so science really not my forte. Would not want to give you any random piece of guidence which I do not have confirmed information for.
But I do know that your best deal here should be an advanced diploma or a PHD only, as nothing else would compliment your background further.

Where are you based ?
Coz educational consultants like CHOPRAs are really big in education. I suggest you should go to one of their offices and they will guide u better. They charge nothing from you for getting in to a course or program. So u got nothin to loose. They will only widen your horizon for future decisions.

Try two or 3 biggest education consultants are you shall have a better idea. Also, these consultants have tie-ups with institutions so it becomes just a little easier atleast if not too much..

Again, keep in mind all the points I shared with you and RESEARCH a LOT...!! everything is there online.. So look up different courses and colleges and find a suitable match for yourself..

I would suggest as you are already so qualified you should aim for not so popular states in canada where the population is less and you face less competition in getting your VISA. These places might be a lil less glamourous but then it gets your foot in the door as you are much more likely to get selected there due to lesser of a rat race goin on for such places...

Cheers!!!

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
raoulshrma said:
Dear All,

I have a few queries about studying and working in Canada, I was wondering if you can all help and advise me.

I am actually planning for a one year diploma course in Human resources from GBC college

QUESTIONS

1. I have read that these courses provides co-op. What exactly is co-op is it like a paid internship kind of a thing or is it a program which helps you land a permanent job

2. Is it possible to work part time while studying, if yes then can I start working right at the beginning of my course or i have to apply for a work permit after 6 months and only then I can work. Also, what's the average hourly pay for part time work

3. What are the job prospects like in HR industry and pay-scale for a permanent job in the aforesaid industry, I will be taking an educational loan and I am very concerned about getting myself in a situation where in I wont be able to pay it off. ( I know a very specific question, please provide a ball park figure)

4. How easy/difficult is it to get a PR in HR field.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Buddy,

Co-Op is where you work as while still in ur course. So yes, paid internship is the right word for it. But, not to forget, it also gives you a window to land up a permanent job offer in the same firm after you are done with your program. Plus your earn money as well. So even better. This is where you should work as hard as possible.

Working part time while studying is possible only after 6 months of study as of now. But there are bits of unconfirmed official announcements that this rule is gonna go away for and after Jan 14 intake so if that happens then good news. U need a permit for that which the college shall get you i guess.

But then again, after 6 months or before, still the limit is 20 hrs per week - legal. The minimum wage rate in canada is around 10$ per hour. So that is that. You are not permitted to work more than the weekly limit legally.

HR is good, as no matter where you go, in every industry, HR department is always there, big or small, so scope is great!!!
But - always remember, the college and the VISA people will only let u thru if they feel an HR course complements your educational or work background. Otherwise dont even opt for it coz there are high chances of rejection.

PR is not really specific to the field of study when you go thru education route as your work experience after the course will anyways fall in the skilled category i guess. So choose a course suiting your background. Always better...!!

* Even I wanted to go for HR in GBC but didnt as I have no HR background.

Research a lot....!!!!

All the best....!!!

3bn5

Sep 14, 2013
I applied and completed all required documents at University of Saskatchewan Last August 23,2013 but still no response from them. Does it really take time for the application ? :) I'm worried because I really want to start by Winter 2014

Ails

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
3bn5 said:
I applied and completed all required documents at University of Saskatchewan Last August 23,2013 but still no response from them. Does it really take time for the application ? :) I'm worried because I really want to start by Winter 2014
Hi

Can you please help me on this. I got an email from the embassy regarding my student visa application which was submitted last Aug 18 through VAC office in Abu dhabi. here is the email:

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 18 Aug 2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number.
Tracking Number:_______________
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

How will I know if I got the visa or not?

Thanks

3bn5

Sep 14, 2013
Ails said:
Hi

Can you please help me on this. I got an email from the embassy regarding my student visa application which was submitted last Aug 18 through VAC office in Abu dhabi. here is the email:

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 18 Aug 2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number.
Tracking Number:_______________
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

How will I know if I got the visa or not?

Thanks

Sorry, I have no idea about it :(

raoulshrma

Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweetalker said:
Buddy,

Co-Op is where you work as while still in ur course. So yes, paid internship is the right word for it. But, not to forget, it also gives you a window to land up a permanent job offer in the same firm after you are done with your program. Plus your earn money as well. So even better. This is where you should work as hard as possible.

Working part time while studying is possible only after 6 months of study as of now. But there are bits of unconfirmed official announcements that this rule is gonna go away for and after Jan 14 intake so if that happens then good news. U need a permit for that which the college shall get you i guess.

But then again, after 6 months or before, still the limit is 20 hrs per week - legal. The minimum wage rate in canada is around 10$ per hour. So that is that. You are not permitted to work more than the weekly limit legally.

HR is good, as no matter where you go, in every industry, HR department is always there, big or small, so scope is great!!!
But - always remember, the college and the VISA people will only let u thru if they feel an HR course complements your educational or work background. Otherwise dont even opt for it coz there are high chances of rejection.

PR is not really specific to the field of study when you go thru education route as your work experience after the course will anyways fall in the skilled category i guess. So choose a course suiting your background. Always better...!!

* Even I wanted to go for HR in GBC but didnt as I have no HR background.

Research a lot....!!!!

All the best....!!!
Thanks, Sweetalker for your reply.

I am looking at HR specifically because I have 2 years of fulltime exp in the same.
Please see below my profile.

IELTS - 7.5 band (Had written 2 years before) writing it again on 19th Oct 2013
10th - 70%
12th - 82%
Graduation - Bachelors of Sciences - 68%

Freelancing Work ex - MeritTrac Services Pvt. Ltd. - 4 years (Was doing this while studying)

Work Exp 1 : Wipro in Talent Acquisition Team - 11 Months
Work Exp 2 : Verity UBS Affiliate in Human Resources Team - 1 Year 1 Month (Current Employment)

Now that you have see my profile, would you be able to tell if this is relevant to this course - Human Resources Management Program (Postgraduate) and if I will be able to get a Visa ?

Thanks
Rahul Sharma

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
raoulshrma said:
Thanks, Sweetalker for your reply.

I am looking at HR specifically because I have 2 years of fulltime exp in the same.
Please see below my profile.

IELTS - 7.5 band (Had written 2 years before) writing it again on 19th Oct 2013
10th - 70%
12th - 82%
Graduation - Bachelors of Sciences - 68%

Freelancing Work ex - MeritTrac Services Pvt. Ltd. - 4 years (Was doing this while studying)

Work Exp 1 : Wipro in Talent Acquisition Team - 11 Months
Work Exp 2 : Verity UBS Affiliate in Human Resources Team - 1 Year 1 Month (Current Employment)

Now that you have see my profile, would you be able to tell if this is relevant to this course - Human Resources Management Program (Postgraduate) and if I will be able to get a Visa ?

Thanks
Rahul Sharma

Sure bro..
Just go ahead with the application asap.. HR PG complements ur experience so good.. Plus u shud have applied for IELTS sooner if the old one is about ot expire.. But still.. for the time being u can send along your old score which is good enough.

Also, try n look for HR programs in others colleges as well.. just to keep your options open.. Remember GBC is seemingly taking really long to respond these days.. some ppl i know r waiting since 28 days!!!! If u r goin for Jan 14 intake then u wud wana have an conditional offer letter by oct 15 anyhow, and then an unconditional one in the next 15 days so u can go ahead and apply for VISA on time..

So look for other colleges too..
Coz for opening a GIC also you will need an offer letter...

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Sweetalker said:
Sure bro..
Just go ahead with the application asap.. HR PG complements ur experience so good.. Plus u shud have applied for IELTS sooner if the old one is about ot expire.. But still.. for the time being u can send along your old score which is good enough.

Also, try n look for HR programs in others colleges as well.. just to keep your options open.. Remember GBC is seemingly taking really long to respond these days.. some ppl i know r waiting since 28 days!!!! If u r goin for Jan 14 intake then u wud wana have an conditional offer letter by oct 15 anyhow, and then an unconditional one in the next 15 days so u can go ahead and apply for VISA on time..

So look for other colleges too..
Coz for opening a GIC also you will need an offer letter...
Yes, GBC is taking too much time.. i applied more than a month ago, still no reply ... says its in processing / queue ...

@sweetalker ... are you considering business mangmnt of Lambton Saskatchewan as well ?

I was wondering from courses to opportunities to PR transition ... this business program seems to favorable... your views on it?

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Hey guys..
Can u suggest me which college is best for human resource management post graduation certificate one year course in toronto ??? Is centennial college is good for this course ?? Important. ..

Ravneetbhullar1234

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Interview........
No Interview
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Not yet
Sweetalker said:
Again buddy,

I come for a commerce background so science really not my forte. Would not want to give you any random piece of guidence which I do not have confirmed information for.
But I do know that your best deal here should be an advanced diploma or a PHD only, as nothing else would compliment your background further.

Where are you based ?
Coz educational consultants like CHOPRAs are really big in education. I suggest you should go to one of their offices and they will guide u better. They charge nothing from you for getting in to a course or program. So u got nothin to loose. They will only widen your horizon for future decisions.

Try two or 3 biggest education consultants are you shall have a better idea. Also, these consultants have tie-ups with institutions so it becomes just a little easier atleast if not too much..

Again, keep in mind all the points I shared with you and RESEARCH a LOT...!! everything is there online.. So look up different courses and colleges and find a suitable match for yourself..

I would suggest as you are already so qualified you should aim for not so popular states in canada where the population is less and you face less competition in getting your VISA. These places might be a lil less glamourous but then it gets your foot in the door as you are much more likely to get selected there due to lesser of a rat race goin on for such places...

Cheers!!!

Thanks for ur advice...i m presently in chandigarh.....are there good consultants over here???

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Ravneetbhullar1234 said:
Thanks for ur advice...i m presently in chandigarh.....are there good consultants over here???
Yes.. The Chopras are there as well..
search on their website.

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
Sooo I filed for my Visa today at Chandigarh CHC for Jan Intake 2014. Pheww.... Now the tough time starts...