+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 applicant Status Check

ninikash

Jun 8, 2014
Hi, I applied under the CEC category in Jan 2014 and recived AOR in Feb. A month later (Mar)I was request to send RCMP certificates. As I had already sent earlier, I only posted my wife's RCMP certificate within a month(April) from the request from CIC. I tracked the courier and it was delievered. However, I did not recieve any reciept/acknowledgement of this from CIC.

Should I email them about the details I sent and request for acknowledgement of the RCMP cert?
My application status still shows "Application Recieved" in the CEC website? Is everything ok with this?
What & when would be the next step in the processing?

Pls assist.

Rgds,
Kash

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
They don't generally acknowledge receipt of documents other than medicals.

So they asked you for RCMP clearance for both of you explicitly and you only sent your wife's? Did you at least include a letter mentioning that yours is only on file?

Anyway, you can send an email and ask if they need more documentation from you or alternatively apply for GCMS notes which would take 30 days.

ninikash

Jun 8, 2014
Hello,

Yes I recieved two emails one asking my RCMP and other for any dependents above 18. I had it on my file and hence sent only my wife's.

I did have a detailed cover letter stating that my details were already sent and I was mailing the remianing.

Can you please tell me more about the GCMS notes? How or where can I get that?

Regards,
Kash

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Maybe it's just me, but if I were asked for an RCMP, I wouldn't waste time arguing with the CIC that such document is already on my file as this may only delay processing.
Who knows maybe they need an updated one. Besides, RCMP is one of the easiest to provide once requested.