+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

How is it going ? Just an update, we got back last week on 23rd from India. The landing is done, everything went smooth at the airport. It took about 45 minutes for the whole thing and since we are in Quebec we had to visit the additional Quebec Immigration office.

For the PR:
The agent took everything from us, asked us to have a seat. Then she called my wife to take a photo; and we were then called by another agent right after. She asked a few questions, basic stuff - e.g., Is this your first time in Canada ? Then she asked about the goods we were bringing in, we had the B4A ready, and this was followed by if we were going to bring anything else later on. We said no, she stamped the passport, gave some instructions about the COPR document and then asked us to visit the Imm.QC section.

At the Imm.QC
We had to take a number and were called within 5minutes inside; the lady spoke with me in French and then spoke with my wife in English. She explained about the Health insurance, French classes.

And that was it we were on our way out right after.

Intersting thing to add is this whole process was done after we collected our luggage. I always remember them doing this at the section behind the custom agent booths. But the agent told us to collect our bags and then inform the agent who collects the declaration cards and they will direct you to the right section. This is for those who know the montreal airport.

In any case all is done now. We even completed our other formalities.

Good luck to all those waiting, hang in there..

Cheers
Farooq

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
hey guys! i have an update.

i think we are getting close to the end, because my VO requested the final police check.

and I checked my husbands ecase today.

before it just said home address mexico, and noothing else,

now it says home address alberta and mailing address alberta. so they changed his home address to mine!

does anyone know what this means!?? i assume its a good sign? lol

:)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeisaP said:
hey guys! i have an update.

i think we are getting close to the end, because my VO requested the final police check.

and I checked my husbands ecase today.

before it just said home address mexico, and noothing else,

now it says home address alberta and mailing address alberta. so they changed his home address to mine!

does anyone know what this means!?? i assume its a good sign? lol

:)
congratulations

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
Hi,

Today when I checked Ecas, my status changed from 'Application Received' to 'In process'. :D

Will I get an interview after 'In process' stage?

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
Hi just going to update here, that I already get my PR. Cheers, hopefully a speedy process for all of you too.

Since I was already in Canada before PR approval i need to re-enter canada to get my PR status confirm.
Can someone tell me, as a person outside of US visa waiver program, can I re-enter canada at the border?
I mean i don't want to go into the US. Do i need the US visa? and can i just drive out and back?

Thank alot.

khre

Jul 31, 2012
ashunandal said:
WOOOW thats a great news khre, Congratulations :)
im good :) you must be very excited about DM ;)
you will get your passport back with visa soon. wish you a great future ahead :)
hello ashunandal...am sorry for replying late..yeah am very excited finally i wil be with my hubby...got passport with visa stamped on it...and thanks a lot for ur support and best wishes...its been good time being here with you all...will be landing soon...so when are you planning to move?

khre

Jul 31, 2012
PUJA said:
Hi Khre,

Does your ecas show change of address also or is it the same Indian address with Decision Made.
Please write.

hello puja...sorry for replying late.yeah there was change of address....on one side there was my canadin address and other side indian mailing address...it will take 2-3 days to change address

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mightymuffin said:
Hi just going to update here, that I already get my PR. Cheers, hopefully a speedy process for all of you too.

Since I was already in Canada before PR approval i need to re-enter canada to get my PR status confirm.
Can someone tell me, as a person outside of US visa waiver program, can I re-enter canada at the border?
I mean i don't want to go into the US. Do i need the US visa? and can i just drive out and back?

Thank alot.
Yes you can , you don't need a US visa to complete your landing.
The term used to refer to this procedure is "Flagpole", you just tell them at the US side that you are completing your PR landing; they will complete their formalities and then ask you to go to the Canadian side and they will take care of the rest.

Good luck

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
Hi all,

I haven't written much on since my sponsorship approval. However, wanted to let you know that my husband got his PPR email today.
Please update the spreadhseet. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Have any of the other January applicants going through the Singapore VO heard anything yet?

Still waiting, and waiting, and waiting.... My wife's TRV is up soon, so hopefully her visa extension is approved :(

Has anyone else gone through this? Any info on their experience?

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
bp832 said:
Have any of the other January applicants going through the Singapore VO heard anything yet?

Still waiting, and waiting, and waiting.... My wife's TRV is up soon, so hopefully her visa extension is approved :(

Has anyone else gone through this? Any info on their experience?
Nothing from my side :( .... Thinking abt TRV....
GOD bless Singapore VO!

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
eludor said:
Nothing from my side :( .... Thinking abt TRV....
GOD bless Singapore VO!
I think maybe our time will come soon, I noticed mightymuffin was approved for PR through the Singapore office. Maybe a few more weeks?

Until then... solidarity! ;D

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Hi guys.. I haven't written for a while but I checked CIC and my wifes info has been updated to In Progress on Sept 7th.... :)

And Congrats Bobbi..... :) we handed in our apps days apart so I am hoping for an answer very soon... I want this to be over and we can move on with our lives together :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I invite all applicant whose file is in Ottawa to join:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cppottawa-t118769.0.html
we can start a sheet to keep track of CPP Ottawa

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
For Singapore Vos application, if you are in Singapore I suggest you guy go visit them. They are super nice and very helpful in person. Maybe they can help to speed things up.

Cheers.