waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hey everyone

i'm still around; nice to see Dr Eng X back; i'm in Montreal, visiting family, old friends; i just arrived but i miss someone tooooo much :( :( :( i was hoping this is really the last time i come alone cuz it's too hard but looking at the processing time - first posting for Amman i'm not sure anymore; 19 months is a looooooong time (i was thinking maybe 15 ::) ); it's still better than Abu-Dhabi so i don't regret anything ;) so eludor don't worry, we'll stick around together ;)
all i can hope is that they will slowly decrease for the next quarters and take us by surprise ;)
pelipeli congrats honey i got ur PM i will reply at some point and we'll stay in touch :)

good luck everyone

PS: if some members r quiet it could mean that they r done but could also mean that they have nothing to say and for their own sake they try to stay away from this thread ;)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
hey everyone

i'm still around; nice to see Dr Eng X back; i'm in Montreal, visiting family, old friends; i just arrived but i miss someone tooooo much :( :( :( i was hoping this is really the last time i come alone cuz it's too hard but looking at the processing time - first posting for Amman i'm not sure anymore; 19 months is a looooooong time (i was thinking maybe 15 ::) ); it's still better than Abu-Dhabi so i don't regret anything ;) so eludor don't worry, we'll stick around together ;)
all i can hope is that they will slowly decrease for the next quarters and take us by surprise ;)
pelipeli congrats honey i got ur PM i will reply at some point and we'll stay in touch :)

good luck everyone

PS: if some members r quiet it could mean that they r done but could also mean that they have nothing to say and for their own sake they try to stay away from this thread ;)
Thanks, few years ago they (house members) were discussing CIC delays now the delays doubled if not tripled and I have not heard any discussions!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here are old discussions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4BbjbLtpro

compare to
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
khre said:
helo ashunandal....how are you?? my ecas status now shows decision made... :) thanks a lot for your support
Hi Khre,

Does your ecas show change of address also or is it the same Indian address with Decision Made.
Please write.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012

waitinggame

Aug 19, 2012
It seems I'm the only one left January 2012-Manila applicant who haven't received any news yet. It's stucked in "App received". :(

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pelipeli said:
A li'l update:

I just got our GCMS notes today, July 25 2012. I sent the request on June 26, 2012.

Doesn't really contain much except that I confirmed that they received my hubby's passport the day after he sent it. Eligibility, security and criminality assessment not started.

What's exciting is the last four pages under NOTES where you can see the "flow" of the process so far, and I'm also glad to see initial screening has been done even if ecas still says "appliaction received".
Also, GCMS were generated on June 28, so nice to know that there is a possibility that this is not the most updated status of our application.
Hello, I got our second GCMS today (not that it matters now ;D ) but I just want to share , might be useful info for some.

Since the last time I received the GCMS (generated 6/28) this time its generated 7/30, Eligibility, security and criminality assessment was not started still. Only thing I see that's new is it looks like the VO requested for copies of IMM1283 (financial eval form) and IMM1344A (SA & Undertaking) from CPC-M, and of course my first GCMS request was also indicated there.

That's it, no other update for 1 whole month, so it looks like whatever assessments they finished and whatever finalization they did on our application was done between July 31 to August 16 when the visa was issued (roughly 3 weeks). What I can conclude from this is that applications can just sit there for months (waiting for results of security check perhaps or the next bring forward date) but once they start working on it it just takes a few weeks to finalize.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
Hello, I got our second GCMS today (not that it matters now ;D ) but I just want to share , might be useful info for some.

Since the last time I received the GCMS (generated 6/28) this time its generated 7/30, Eligibility, security and criminality assessment was not started still. Only thing I see that's new is it looks like the VO requested for copies of IMM1283 (financial eval form) and IMM1344A (SA & Undertaking) from CPC-M, and of course my first GCMS request was also indicated there.

That's it, no other update for 1 whole month, so it looks like whatever assessments they finished and whatever finalization they did on our application was done between July 31 to August 16 when the visa was issued (roughly 3 weeks). What I can conclude from this is that applications can just sit there for months (waiting for results of security check perhaps or the next bring forward date) but once they start working on it it just takes a few weeks to finalize.
They take a month to respond! Did request physical files?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
They take a month to respond! Did request physical files?
nope, only electronic. It really takes up to 30 days for them to send it. Although doesn't make sense, they generated the file on the day I sent the request. Only to send it to me after month, lol

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
nope, only electronic. It really takes up to 30 days for them to send it. Although doesn't make sense, they generated the file on the day I sent the request. Only to send it to me after month, lol
Maybe you did not include an email?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
Maybe you did not include an email?
I did, and I received the GCMS thru email. The normal processing time to send GCMS is really 4 weeks. =)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
I did, and I received the GCMS thru email. The normal processing time to send GCMS is really 4 weeks. =)
Interesting why do I feel that there is a couple of persons that work in all of CIC? I just requested access of information and I thought I'll get a response in few days

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:

Does the notes include any thing about interview?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
Does the notes include any thing about interview?
yes it was actually on my first request, under the section "notes" it was made when they initially reviewed the file dated june 13. they indicated "interview waiver may be warranted" but there was no update on this on the second gcms.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
yes it was actually on my first request, under the section "notes" it was made when they initially reviewed the file dated june 13. they indicated "interview waiver may be warranted" but there was no update on this on the second gcms.
Thanks