Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
welkin16 said:
Hello Again!!!

Still going crazy wondering whether I should be sending my Passport or not. I tried to call New Delhi but to no avail, my husband called CIC but they tell us to contact "New Delhi". I mailed New Delhi twice already, but no response...at times my anxiety amuses me but the other times makes me really frustrated.....

Anyways, me and my husband thought about it, we decided to wait few days and send my passport, and face whatever awaits us...hopefully good news...finger crossed!!! We are planning to attach a letter along with the passport stating that I am residing in USA (Hopefully they won't call me for interview) Lets see what happens? I will keep you guys posted too....and if anyone has any suggestion....would appreciate it....and I heard that some people had interviews over the phone.....Any idea guys????
This is just one visa officer's comment, but we asked about something similar before we sent in our application. This is because we are in Taiwan at the moment, but my husband had to apply through the Buffalo visa office. On the Buffalo specific app form it asked what location is preferable for the potential interview (of course, all were cities in the USA). He checked "other" and wrote his situation. ANYWAY, the visa officer we spoke to over the phone said to do this and IF an interview was requested potentially they could arrange it over the phone, OR at a VO closer.

Anyway, before I read your entire message (that I have quoted here) I thought, if I were you guys, I would wait for an e-mail response from ND (even if it took a week or two), just for assurance. BUT, and I say this confidently, after I read yours and your husband's decision (to just send passport), I felt that could be a very good idea. I mean, they must have hundreds of people like us (not in the country we are applying from)-- e.g. the visa office for Taiwan now is in Hong Kong, as just one example... In the end, it's your choice, but yeah, they requested it, they know your address I presume, well, yeah...

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
Traffic Report sent July 11, 2012.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
May 16, 2012 CSQ Transfer....: June 6, 2012.
Med's Done....
January 3, 2012 ecas showing 'IN PROCESS' June 20, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 29, 2012. PR doc in the mail !
mmhmuffins said:
Thank you AliCat ;D

Simplysimple, maybe for the sake of the others on this January thread, why don't you just start a new thread.

By starting ANOTHER thread you will be able to surround yourself with like-minded people and give each other high fives on the hundreds of photos you've send and the five hundred more hours of waiting that you photo-happy applicants have caused for us! Not that I think even for a second that Immigration Canada actually looks at each and every one of them. 'Cause they sure don't have anything ELSE better to do than flip through 100 pics of your city hall, 200 pics of your wedding cake, 200 more pics of you and spouse posing with every single person in attendance and 200 more of you guys shopping, eating, holding hands, morning noon and night.

Because of your crazy stars, I now have to scroll down more than usual and with abnormally rapid speed which causes me to accidentally miss some of the more important things other januarians have to say.

LOL. Only a few days away from the forum and I miss the fun stuff.. I gotto get some popcorn.

:D

mmhmuffins

Nov 4, 2011

mmmh I miss Kernels popcorn...Raunchy Ranch and double caramel...

Where I'm living now, there's only two kinds of popcorn; salty or sweet (not caramel or anything, just plain white sugar). Words cannot describe my anticipation of returning to Canada.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Sammi said:
LOL. Only a few days away from the forum and I miss the fun stuff.. I gotto get some popcorn.

LOOOOL u guys r really funny....it's nice to wake up with messages like this :D

anyway happy May everyone.....this is my favourite month....in most places with flowers and flowery smells :) i smell great things for our group too ;)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
mmhmuffins said:

mmmh I miss Kernels popcorn...Raunchy Ranch and double caramel...

Where I'm living now, there's only two kinds of popcorn; salty or sweet (not caramel or anything, just plain white sugar). Words cannot describe my anticipation of returning to Canada.
Oh my! So many things I miss! kernels is one of them, and Smart Food, and whipped philadelphia cream cheese, and normal unsweetened bread, baked nacho chips, english muffins, cheeze whiz, Harvey's, cheeeeese in general, central heating, English, and an oven! oh my, oh my! I can't wait!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :(

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Amoss said:
Oh my! So many things I miss! kernels is one of them, and Smart Food, and whipped philadelphia cream cheese, and normal unsweetened bread, baked nacho chips, english muffins, cheeze whiz, Harvey's, cheeeeese in general, central heating, English, and an oven! oh my, oh my! I can't wait!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :(
I also miss so many things in Canada which I havent had for a very looooing time...like superstore baked bread, kraft dinner, spagetti, cake, buscuits, chocolate, chinese and thai noodles, baked beans, tortilla bread, cheese, milk, unsweetened mixed fruit juice, garden salad, ice cream, omlette with spinach, nova scotia salmon, fruit like blueberries and strawberries, pancakes, store baked blueberry muffins, home baked chocolate cookies, vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, apple pie, and MOM'S PALAO RICE, which i miss too much! :) also i miss going to walks with mom on the waterfront and hearing the rain and snow on my window at night :) me tooo cant wait to go back after a year and a half!!! :) :( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
ashunandal said:
I also miss so many things in Canada which I havent had for a very looooing time...like superstore baked bread, kraft dinner, spagetti, cake, buscuits, chocolate, chinese and thai noodles, baked beans, tortilla bread, cheese, milk, unsweetened mixed fruit juice, garden salad, ice cream, omlette with spinach, nova scotia salmon, fruit like blueberries and strawberries, pancakes, store baked blueberry muffins, home baked chocolate cookies, vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, apple pie, and MOM'S PALAO RICE, which i miss too much! :) also i miss going to walks with mom on the waterfront and hearing the rain and snow on my window at night :) me tooo cant wait to go back after a year and a half!!! :) :( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
ahhh... you're making me even more homesick! but oddly, in a very very good way! It's been 8 years for me though! I have been home for a number of visits, but haven't really lived there in 8 years :( :( :( I am sooooo ready!

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
hmmmmmmm

seems like i missed something are you guys talking abt YummY YummY Food :p
love to be part of conversation but time to have breakfast :p

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hi bp832, ankur prashar, bobbi, redsox502
are you still here on the forum or not?? ??? ???...im worried more about your cases because you applied before me...
if you recieved something (AOR or approval from CIC) its time for me to get VERY worried now!!! if you didnt get approval yet, it still means they are working and it means that there is one lazy officer who is sitting on all of our applications and drinking free coffee. :-[ :-[ :-[

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hi all
i have a very very small update regarding our application-
called CIC and got my UCI but at the same time sgent said, they might have sent it back or maybe its in line with other 1000 of applications.
??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::)

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
WELL FRIENDS THIS IS WHERE WE ARE NOW I MEAN WE ALL ARE ALMOST IN PROCESS OF BACKGROUND CHECK / SECURITY CHECK

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
loooool not yet....u r ahead since u applied 2 months before....for me and others, i don't even think the file phisically arrived in the specific VO....also some embassies r slow so once the file is there it might take a few good months until they start the process.....i'm not pesimistic, just aware of the reality ;) but that's interesting piece of info :)

Edit: by the way i think that process is more for Skilled Worker class since there r some things which don't match with our process (request for medicals at a later date for example)....i think for family class that process is simplified in some matters and the background checks have a different nature (here they can check the history of the applicant, maybe there r hidden relationships, marriages, children)

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
That is awesome info, thnx for posting parisien !!!!!!

Hubby had his interview done and it was positive, they had retained his pp, but need a police check redo, his expires on May 5th, so that being done today and fast tracking it, so in a week he can bring it and pp back to Kingston. I feel no stress at all, everything has been positive...it's just more waiting...and well, that's out of my control. He's coming home....soon. :D

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
AliCatShaw said:

Hubby had his interview done and it was positive, they had retained his pp, but need a police check redo, his expires on May 5th, so that being done today and fast tracking it, so in a week he can bring it and pp back to Kingston. I feel no stress at all, everything has been positive...it's just more waiting...and well, that's out of my control. He's coming home....soon. :D
CONGRATS ALICATSHAW ..... this is the main thing as we all know that police ceetificate exppires in 6 months so we better keep ourselves updated with new police certificate so the time when they ask we just give them right away

@ Miss i know i'm ahead but for further explaination for everyone in this Forum i shared so as they fonna read now and will not be worried for PPR as i was lol .......I'm Just waiting for PPR now as i have read they gonna check all travel history ...Mine will be like OoOoOoOoOoOOoooOOooOOooOOo so LONG so what gonna happen with me :p lets wait but i'm preety sure i'll be with my wife and son soon inshaALLAH

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
AliCatShaw said:

for Kingston that was fast!!!!!! congrats :)