+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

mmhmuffins

Nov 4, 2011
We sent three pics. Two of us (my husband, son and I) as a family and one of just my husband and I.

I think it all comes down to your individual case. If your case is a little particular (i.e. second or third marriage, large age gap, adult dependent children, etc etc)

Only You and your partner would know how strong your case is, and the evidence that is necessary to prove it. Let's be reasonable guys..isn't 500 photos a little overboard?

If the hard facts are against you, even a million photos of you and your spouse are not going to convince the immigration officers otherwise. I admit they do give your case a personal touch but in the end photos are still photos. Though, they give you a few brownie points... they're still brownie points. Immigration Canada is not going to give you a permanent residency based on the number of photos you submit or not submit.

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
mmhmuffins said:
We sent three pics. Two of us (my husband, son and I) as a family and one of just my husband and I.

I think it all comes down to your individual case. If your case is a little particular (i.e. second or third marriage, large age gap, adult dependent children, etc etc)

Only You and your partner would know how strong your case is, and the evidence that is necessary to prove it. Let's be reasonable guys..isn't 500 photos a little overboard?

If the hard facts are against you, even a million photos of you and your spouse are not going to convince the immigration officers otherwise. I admit they do give your case a personal touch but in the end photos are still photos. Though, they give you a few brownie points... they're still brownie points. Immigration Canada is not going to give you a permanent residency based on the number of photos you submit or not submit.
2 thumbs up ! 8)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
simplysimple said:
Hi Everyone,

CAN WE ALL SHARE WITH EACH OTHER ABOUT HOW MANY PICS WE ALL SUBMITTED WITH OUR APPLICATION.
what's the point...u r done and that's very good....but comparing like this would just make other people who send less feel bad and anxious....as i said before u don't need to compare so close and each situation is different and some things r too personal for people to share :) we r not in a competition with each other on the contrary, we r a team in supporting ourselves for a common goal....:)

also pls don't take it in bad way but would u mind if u remove some of the stars....one will b enough maybe ;) i just say cuz ur timeline takes so much of a page and if someone is not here for a few days they will see so many pages posted and have high hopes for nothing and also it will b hard for them to catch up with what's going on....just my impression and again don't take it in bad way....at the end it's ur call but i think it would b nice :)

simplysimple

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img] New Delhi [img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img]<br />
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Jan 2012<br /><br />App. Delivered : 11th Jan 2012<br />
AOR Received.
NO AOR <br /><br />Approval ........: 1 March 2012<br />
File Transfer...
Dont Know<br />
Med's Done....
Nov 2011<br />
Interview........
Waived<br />
Passport Req..
16 March 2012 <br /><br />PP Delivered ...: 19th March<br /><br />Inprocess .......: 11 April 2012<br />
VISA ISSUED...
YES<br /><br />PP Delivered ..: 18 April 2012<br />
LANDED..........
6th May 2012<br /><br />TOTAL TIME ...: 99 days
cgagnon said:
My lawyer said between 35-40 pics and this whole website and forum that we are all talking on was create by him and his team lol so I do not believe it has anything to do with the about of pictures, his track record is very impressive!
May be , you lawyer and this website creater, is indeed lucky. lol..

simplysimple

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img] New Delhi [img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img]<br />
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dont Know<br />
Med's Done....
Nov 2011<br />
Interview........
Waived<br />
Passport Req..
16 March 2012 <br /><br />PP Delivered ...: 19th March<br /><br />Inprocess .......: 11 April 2012<br />
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
anne_curtis said:
so condescending!
nothing condescending anne_curtis ... and we can start this discussion more briefly on "is sending more pics to Cic any benificial"

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
simplysimple said:
May be , you lawyer and this website creater, is indeed lucky. lol..
I think it's more experience than luck...having too many pictures can actually slow down your approval....and the next ones in line

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
well i have one question as my Ecas is we started processing your application on 23 march .... so i was wondering if i can send more pictures to them of our new born baby as i was there with my wife that time and wedding anniversary pics and my recent trip of canada so do u guys think if it is good idea along with birth certificate of my son where i signed that i was preesent that time ?

simplysimple

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dont Know<br />
Med's Done....
Nov 2011<br />
Interview........
Waived<br />
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
missmini said:
what's the point...u r done and that's very good....but comparing like this would just make other people who send less feel bad and anxious....as i said before u don't need to compare so close and each situation is different and some things r too personal for people to share :) we r not in a competition with each other on the contrary, we r a team in supporting ourselves for a common goal....:)

also pls don't take it in bad way but would u mind if u remove some of the stars....one will b enough maybe ;) i just say cuz ur timeline takes so much of a page and if someone is not here for a few days they will see so many pages posted and have high hopes for nothing and also it will b hard for them to catch up with what's going on....just my impression and again don't take it in bad way....at the end it's ur call but i think it would b nice :)
If i have hurt anybody on this forum, I feel sorry to all of them.. No comparing, No Competition, Just healthy Talk, what I tried.. Sorry again.

and no bragging even -- anne_curtis

and when I said, "What should I say about your lawyer,, they are of no use,, " , I have already seen many times that cases are not put up properly by lawyers and they are just in money making business. (My personal thought) so was agressive towards the lawyer not sending all the proofs.

I will refrain from coming to the forum. This is a gr8 forum, but I am too loud, and thats the problem.

Anyways guys,, Sorry once again. Wish you all best of luck. Love you guys :-* .. You gave me all the endurance during my journey.

And Yes ,, for sure,,, I will remove those stars.. One star would be enough.. for sure..

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
parisien said:
well i have one question as my Ecas is we started processing your application on 23 march .... so i was wondering if i can send more pictures to them of our new born baby as i was there with my wife that time and wedding anniversary pics and my recent trip of canada so do u guys think if it is good idea along with birth certificate of my son where i signed that i was preesent that time ?
i would have them ready in case they ask :) all r good proofs :) but if they don't maybe it's cuz what u sent is enough for them.....just wait a little and see what happens and then decide if u need to send or not :)

inflight

Apr 14, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
30-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
Hello all,

So I received an email today. Its a big relief. File has been sent to New Delhi VO.

Again, here is my timeline

Application Sent - Jan 24th regular Mail
Application Received - Jan 26th (Email said so)
Sponsership Approval & File Transfer - April 30th 2012
No AOR
Visa Office New Delhi

So now I wait for the 2nd Stage.

Thank you all for your valuable input all this time. It really did help me keep my calm.

I've Sent 40-50 Pictures. And surely its a good discussion to know how many pictures each person has sent regardless of who advised it and what affects it might have on processing times. This will give a better insight to all those application who are yet to join canadavisa fourm.

And those who haven't heard anything yet, I'm pretty sure there will be something by end of this week. Hang in there. I share your anguish.

Much Luv

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
simplysimple said:
If i have hurt anybody on this forum, I feel sorry to all of them.. No comparing, No Competition, Just healthy Talk, what I tried.. Sorry again.

and no bragging even -- anne_curtis

and when I said, "What should I say about your lawyer,, they are of no use,, " , I have already seen many times that cases are not put up properly by lawyers and they are just in money making business. (My personal thought) so was agressive towards the lawyer not sending all the proofs.

I will refrain from coming to the forum. This is a gr8 forum, but I am too loud, and thats the problem.

Anyways guys,, Sorry once again. Wish you all best of luck. Love you guys :-* .. You gave me all the endurance during my journey.

And Yes ,, for sure,,, I will remove those stars.. One star would be enough.. for sure..
no no it's ok why u want to go :( i'm sure ur input is v valuable especially for ND members...and don't b offended from anyone it's just for some of us is frustrating sometimes to see that either some ppl didn't even pass the first stage yet, or that they will go to some slow office or just that the file gets stuck without any clear reason....we all want to finish as soon as possible....hope u'll have a happy landing and u'll tell us how that goes :)

PS: :p sorry to b annoying :p but it looks that the stars didn't change anything....it's a problem at my side (the screen is smaller) and when it's a lot of info on any profile it makes it a never ending post ::)

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
thnx alot @ miss i was just asking but now will make them ready as in case if they ask so i can send them right away along with that i have already received my charactor certificate ( Caisse judiciere ) because i have read that police certificate is valid for 6 months only so last one i got was in sept 11 and now i have the new one .... so GOOD LUCK to every one and hoo everyone get setteled in life soon as i can imagine it's really hard to live far from family especially when u have KID and u have spend some time with your kid you miss all best moments u spend togather .... 2 days i landed from Canada and Already Missing them :(

mmhmuffins

Nov 4, 2011
Thank you AliCat ;D

Simplysimple, maybe for the sake of the others on this January thread, why don't you just start a new thread.

By starting ANOTHER thread you will be able to surround yourself with like-minded people and give each other high fives on the hundreds of photos you've send and the five hundred more hours of waiting that you photo-happy applicants have caused for us! Not that I think even for a second that Immigration Canada actually looks at each and every one of them. 'Cause they sure don't have anything ELSE better to do than flip through 100 pics of your city hall, 200 pics of your wedding cake, 200 more pics of you and spouse posing with every single person in attendance and 200 more of you guys shopping, eating, holding hands, morning noon and night.

Because of your crazy stars, I now have to scroll down more than usual and with abnormally rapid speed which causes me to accidentally miss some of the more important things other januarians have to say.

swoop81

Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
02 May 2012
Med's Done....
18 Jan 2012 (No travel history)
Passport Req..
17-05-2012 (In Process on 31-05-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made (06 Jun 2012), passport received 11 Jun 2012
LANDED..........
End of June
Congrats inflight! Glad you heard back from them. I just called and was told that they are still looking for mine and to wait 30 days.

I had sent in maybe 6 photos, two of the wedding, two of the honeymoon and two from when we met before.

inflight said:
Hello all,

So I received an email today. Its a big relief. File has been sent to New Delhi VO.

No AOR
Visa Office New Delhi

Thank you all for your valuable input all this time. It really did help me keep my calm.

I've Sent 40-50 Pictures. And surely its a good discussion to know how many pictures each person has sent regardless of who advised it and what affects it might have on processing times. This will give a better insight to all those application who are yet to join canadavisa fourm.

And those who haven't heard anything yet, I'm pretty sure there will be something by end of this week. Hang in there. I share your anguish.

Much Luv

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
inflight said:
Hello all,

No AOR
Visa Office New Delhi

Much Luv

Congratulations!!!!