+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 19 general training American countries

Jan 7, 2019
Got my result:
Listening 9.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.5

I thought I wrote pretty well (writing section).. would've gained 3 CRS points had I got 7.5 in writing. Is re-evaluation worth it?

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Got results!!

Overll 8.5!

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 8
Speaking 8

2nd attempt! My IELTS journey ends here. From 435 CRS to 469!!! BOOM!

For all the peoople who are still struggling with IELTS, keep on pushing. In my 1st attempt (a few months ago) I got overall 7.5

Listening 8
Reading 8
Writing 6.5!!!
Speaking 7.5

JUST KEEP ON PUSHING. thanks all for tramendous support!

Jan 23, 2019
Got my results too

Overall 8.0

Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Writing 6.5 :/
Speaking 7.5

This is my 3rd attemp (1st LRWS 7.5 8 7 8 / 2nd 8.5 9 6.5 7.5.. so, exactly the same score as my last one)

I'll have to ask for a remark again.. last one they didn't change my scores.
I was much more confident this time with my writing, but anyways, it happens.. And since I'll only be able to take IELTS again in March 23th (the other sections are full), I guess it's worth a shot.

And congratulations to all you guys! :D

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
i really practiced for the ielts. i usually score LRWS 8,8,7,8.5 by the time i checked my result of the 19th of Jan 2019 i had LRWS 6.5,6.5,5.5,8.
it feels like a dream as i prepared adequately for it. can anyone give me advice ? i have a sibling citizen and a masters in canada. but i am super shocked that even after adequate preparation and consistent high scores in practice i scored this low in the exam. should i consider re-valuation although i am thinking of writing again.

prabhat112

Oct 9, 2018
Got results!!

Overll 8.5!

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 8
Speaking 8

2nd attempt! My IELTS journey ends here. From 435 CRS to 469!!! BOOM!

For all the peoople who are still struggling with IELTS, keep on pushing. In my 1st attempt (a few months ago) I got overall 7.5

Listening 8
Reading 8
Writing 6.5!!!
Speaking 7.5

JUST KEEP ON PUSHING. thanks all for tramendous support!
I too am at 468. Good luck on the process. Have you done the educational assessment?

nishant1201

Jan 23, 2019
i really practiced for the ielts. i usually score LRWS 8,8,7,8.5 by the time i checked my result of the 19th of Jan 2019 i had LRWS 6.5,6.5,5.5,8.
it feels like a dream as i prepared adequately for it. can anyone give me advice ? i have a sibling citizen and a masters in canada. but i am super shocked that even after adequate preparation and consistent high scores in practice i scored this low in the exam. should i consider re-valuation although i am thinking of writing again.
Do write again. Re evaluation of this might help in writing but not much in other section.

Reactions: Iammanythings

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
Do write again. Re evaluation of this might help in writing but not much in other section.
thanks. i will start prep asap because i dont have much time. but i have been trying to get the price for a re-evaluation everywhere but i cant find it. Any idea?

diodet

Feb 1, 2019
it feels like a dream as i prepared adequately for it. can anyone give me advice ?
That seems like a big difference between the two scores. Did you have an off day? I hope you will get the scores you are aiming for.

I’m sharing some strategies I found useful -

Reading - scan and skim, If you are trying to read every word and understand the details it’s not going to help with time management. More often than not the questions can be answered without having to read the whole thing.

Also, look for transitional words that show whether the text is being supported or contradicted - for example if you see the word “however” or “contrast” you know the subsequent sentence will be contradicting the previous sentence.

Listening - read ahead. I didn’t need 30 seconds to read questions or review my answers after every recording so I used it to read ahead and see what the theme of questions is for the next section. This helps me stay ahead of the speaker. Also it’s okay to miss one or two questions. When you know what the next question is about you will know when to move on from the previous one.

Speaking/ Writing: structure, structure and structure. I watched E2 IELTS videos and that’s all I needed. When you have the structure in place such as opening and closing sentences and paragraphing, you make it very easy for yourself to simply fill in the details and write a good essay.

I hope you will find this useful and feel free to ping me if you have any follow up questions. Good luck!

I leave you with this -
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

-- Muhammad Ali

Reactions: Iammanythings