+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 19 general training American countries

Lud

Dec 15, 2018
In listening, in diagram section
on north side there were three gardens which one was correct the smaller garden?

Reading last section(First 4 confident not sure about next five in paragraphs, also true false I don’t remember exactly what I wrote but last one was TRUE)
B
F
G
E
B
H
C
B
I
T
F
NG
T
With regards of the diagram on listening, I did the same as you. I chose the smaller one north on the map.
I don’t remember the letters , sorry!

Reactions: Joe1991

Joe1991

Jan 19, 2019
Thanks and
Ok one more thing do you remember 26-30?
Finance
New cafes
Loyalty card or WiFi?
Financial something
Products??

Reactions: Lud

prabhat112

Oct 9, 2018
For me, listening was a bit tough than reading.
Writing task 2: discuss your views in giving different holiday plans for people in different professions - I felt this was a small topic to write 250+ words on. I had to add some BS to increase content.

zguraya

Jan 22, 2019
For me, listening was a bit tough than reading.
Writing task 2: discuss your views in giving different holiday plans for people in different professions - I felt this was a small topic to write 250+ words on. I had to add some BS to increase content.
Did you give an opinion in essay? Also, which type of essay method did you write?

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Did you give an opinion in essay? Also, which type of essay method did you write?
Personally, I didn't provide my opinion as it didn't ask for it. I just chose two reasons why I think people should get different time of vacations based on their profession that's it.

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
I believe I wrote the essay totally off topic. I wrote about different holiday leaves, why more number of holidays should be awarded to people having medical condition or old or physically disabled. Any clue how bad might be my score???

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019
I'm almost sure that this essay asked us to give an opinion. It wasn't a direct question (e.g. "give your opinion"), but it was implied in the type of question. At least, that was my impression at the day of the exam..

Do you guys remember exactly what was the question? I know it wasn't "Discuss both views"..

In this link you can see when we should and when we should not give our opinions on an IELTS essay
https://ieltsfocus.com/2017/09/30/ielts-opinion/

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
I'm almost sure that this essay asked us to give an opinion. It wasn't a direct question (e.g. "give your opinion"), but it was implied in the type of question. At least, that was my impression at the day of the exam..

Do you guys remember exactly what was the question? I know it wasn't "Discuss both views"..

In this link you can see when we should and when we should not give our opinions on an IELTS essay
https://ieltsfocus.com/2017/09/30/ielts-opinion/
I believe it asked to provide arguments/reasons why you think, let's say, that everyone should have equal amount of vacation time despite differences in their profession. It was an opinion essay, but your opinion should be expressed in a neutral way. Instead of... "Personally, I believe everyone should be entitled to an qual amount of holiday time." To something like... "Considering both opposing views, it it evident that every worker should be entitled to the same amount of vacation days.." Hope this example makes sense.

nishant1201

Jan 23, 2019
I found reading especially the last article on Glacial and ice age stuff pretty long. Although question out of that justified it a bit. Listening was pretty easy though. Is there a way to see the answers online or verify the score online.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
I found reading especially the last article on Glacial and ice age stuff pretty long. Although question out of that justified it a bit. Listening was pretty easy though. Is there a way to see the answers online or verify the score online.
yes, reading was very long and difficult...