Applied on Oct 10 (SDS)
Biometrics on Nov 30
medical not updated
Eligibility review not started yet.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,

Yeah earlier the deadline was December 16 to submit student permit and register for online classes but later on they updated the students that acc to new IRCC guidelines you can register for online classes if you have applied for student permit. Just the catch is if our visa gets rejected or delayed we would be refunded whole tution fees after deducting 1st semester fees.
yeah same for me as well earlier my university placed a deadline of 14th DEC and as of now the deadline is increased to 5th JAN and we need to provide PPR or Study permit to start our enrollment. Hoping to get any update in GC key portal (mine medical is still not updated)

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,

Yeah earlier the deadline was December 16 to submit student permit and register for online classes but later on they updated the students that acc to new IRCC guidelines you can register for online classes if you have applied for student permit. Just the catch is if our visa gets rejected or delayed we would be refunded whole tution fees after deducting 1st semester fees.
BTW, which college are you enrolled in?

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
yeah same for me as well earlier my university placed a deadline of 14th DEC and as of now the deadline is increased to 5th JAN and we need to provide PPR or Study permit to start our enrollment. Hoping to get any update in GC key portal (mine medical is still not updated)
Then it's crucial for you get student permit to start your classes because then it will a loss on studies. But don't worry hope you'll get a good response soon. All the best wishes to you!!!!

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,
My background check is showing as-
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
So this is an update that my application has been started or this is a default update as shown in other fields..?

Arun Rathee

Dec 23, 2020
Applied on 30th Sept 2020
Medical done - Yes
Medical Update - No update
Biometrics - 17th Dec 2020
Biometrics Update-yes
Intake-jan 2021 Humber College
SDS Type

gurindersingh122

Dec 11, 2020
Yeah exactly my college has also allowed us to register for online classes if we have applied for student visa. But in respect of this my college mentioned that these are nee IRCC guidelines so shouldn't they be applied to all colleges and not subject to few colleges..?
In which college you have enrolled ?

gurindersingh122

Dec 11, 2020
I have heard that some of the colleges are now allowing students to start their courses while waiting for study permit and if visa get denied then college will refund 100% tuition fees is that right ? I have asked my college and now I am waiting for the reply.
which college?

gurindersingh122

Dec 11, 2020
Hi,
My timeline is exactly same as yours and I'm in the same dilemma that how much time it will take. Pls do share if you get any updates. Hope you get a good update soon. Good luck!!!!
Thanks ,
Nothing updated yet, I have started online classes now, Nothing changed in my visa application

gurindersingh122

Dec 11, 2020
Hi,
My background check is showing as-
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
So this is an update that my application has been started or this is a default update as shown in other fields..?
yeah this is default update, same here

Pvankadara

Aug 25, 2019
Applied on 30th Sept 2020
Medical done - Yes
Medical Update - No update
Biometrics - 17th Dec 2020
Biometrics Update-yes
Intake-jan 2021 Humber College
SDS Type
Even I'm in the same boat,
Applied on 8th Nov 2020