+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 2021 intake

Sam24deep

Jul 5, 2020
I have applied at Carleton , Windsor and Concordia for Masc/Meng ECE. My profile is
Bsc Physics - (72 %) 8.08 CGPA
Msc Physics -(81 %) 8.12 CGPA
IELTS- 7.5
Class 12 - 82.2 perc
I have 1 conference paper and 1 journal paper... What are my chances and how long can it take for the acceptamce letter...
Any help would be appreciated

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
You will get offer from Concordia for sure if your SOP and RL are strong. However, why you want to pursue ECE as your background is physics?

Sam24deep

Jul 5, 2020
You will get offer from Concordia for sure if your SOP and RL are strong. However, why you want to pursue ECE as your background is physics?
I had C and C++ in my master's degree and I have started enjoying doing it. Moreover, electronics I have studied in both my masters and well as my bachelors degree. I want to move from theoretical to practical application...
Will this Meng Ece will be tough for me ??

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
I had C and C++ in my master's degree and I have started enjoying doing it. Moreover, electronics I have studied in both my masters and well as my bachelors degree. I want to move from theoretical to practical application...
Will this Meng Ece will be tough for me ??
I think issue would be the Study application. You must have to choose the subject related to your educational background or professional career. Otherwise you must have to show strong reason why you want to go for this subject or second masters, if not, lead to the rejection. So, prepare your objective accordingly.

Sam24deep

Jul 5, 2020
I have already stated this in my SOP tho. I hope I would be able to convince Visa Officer also
Thank You, for your advice

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Physics is a very common major to move to engineering and computer science. I moved from ECE to CS. People move from physics/maths type backgrounds to engineering and computer science all the time.
Also it makes sense to go for a second masters to change focus of field, since its harder to get a PhD program without relevant research

Reactions: Sam24deep

Sam24deep

Jul 5, 2020
Yup , I also read about second masters as it broadens the area of research. I also read that the idea is inter disciplinary is also good for grabbing jobs.
Can you tell me how long would the universities before making final decision as it's already 10th of Oct

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
I have applied at Carleton , Windsor and Concordia for Masc/Meng ECE. My profile is
IELTS- 7.5
Class 12 - 82.2 perc
I have 1 conference paper and 1 journal paper... What are my chances and how long can it take for the acceptamce letter...
Hey man, I also want to persue MASc or MEng ECE.

Your profile seems excellent and should be able to get in.

Can I know if you were able to find a supervisor / advisor for your programs or did you apply directly?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
IELTS- 7.5
Class 12 - 82.2 perc
Your chances are low in Carleton for MASC. For MENG, it's fine for all.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Can I know why you said his chances are low for MASc? His academic profile seems to be top of the line. 81% in India is damn near impossible.
Yes 81% is good but the competition is also very high at the same time. You will be competing with folks having excellent grades from all over the world. These are the most demanding programs. Masc at Carleton is research thesis based and most of the research based Programs require a supervisor backing. If the superior is ready to work with you then there is absolutely no problem irrespective of score. So the challenge is in securing a Supervisor first.

Reactions: lolcocks