+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

My Ngoc Yan

Jul 17, 2015
Hi all Ottawa friends,

Here is my new update:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 22, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 28, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5.We sent you a notice on August 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

So nervous, can't wait ......

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
My ECAS has finally updated!

I have a citizenship test coming up on September 2nd. I'm feeling pretty excited. Time to study. :D

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
mjh49783aa said:
My ECAS has finally updated!

I have a citizenship test coming up on September 2nd. I'm feeling pretty excited. Time to study. :D
Congrats

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
samreentariq said:
Thanks! I have updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
lyrical said:
HI everyone

I got my oath letter yesterday for sep 9 . i am super happy
good luck to everyone.
we are all almost there
Hi
Could you tell if your status has been changed in ECas?
I did my test on July 23rd and I'm still waiting for oath letter,(2 weeks from decision made)and I'm from Montreal too.

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Hi it did updated to DM few dayz after the test. and also for the letter its shows they mailed it on Aug 12 and i got it on the 14th .
it went pretty smooth for me. I guess it all depends who is treating your file. some people dont get updates on ecas either.
i am sure they will be contacting you very soon !!!
you ll see

triplesss said:
Hi
Could you tell if your status has been changed in ECas?
I did my test on July 23rd and I'm still waiting for oath letter,(2 weeks from decision made)and I'm from Montreal too.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Anybody know how long it will typically be, between the time I find out about the citizenship test on eCAS, and the time I'll get the official letter in the mail?

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
lyrical said:
Hi it did updated to DM few dayz after the test. and also for the letter its shows they mailed it on Aug 12 and i got it on the 14th .
it went pretty smooth for me. I guess it all depends who is treating your file. some people dont get updates on ecas either.
you ll see
Thanks for the info, so I'll be waiting for the letter :)

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyrical said:
you ll see
I'm a feb 2015 applicant, and took my test on July 14 in Montreal. I had Decision Made on July 18, but since then, no news, no oath letter, no update on my ecas...

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Hi, I applied with my family - 2 adults and 2 kids on Jan 12, ecase says processing, luckily I check mail, got letter to appear in test in Ottawa on 26 August . I'd appreciate if people recently appeared in test share following info.

- my wife and I will be interviewed together or separately ? Asking because should I make one supporting documents file or separate ?
- should I carry more supporting documents in anticipation of questions? We have done some travelling back home and to US by land.
I have not received any letters for my kids 7 and 4 age. We applied together. Should they accompany us or should we carry their documents?
- is test Multiple choice question?
- where can I find sample test?
- any other tips in general or by Ottawa applicant? Thanks

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
John_Dorry said:
I'm a feb 2015 applicant, and took my test on July 14 in Montreal. I had Decision Made on July 18, but since then, no news, no oath letter, no update on my ecas...
There is no rule for their processing time, and that's annoying. Hope we all get the oath letter soon.

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
FAS said:
Hi, I applied with my family - 2 adults and 2 kids on Jan 12, ecase says processing, luckily I check mail, got letter to appear in test in Ottawa on 26 August . I'd appreciate if people recently appeared in test share following info.

- my wife and I will be interviewed together or separately ? Asking because should I make one supporting documents file or separate ?
- should I carry more supporting documents in anticipation of questions? We have done some travelling back home and to US by land.
I have not received any letters for my kids 7 and 4 age. We applied together. Should they accompany us or should we carry their documents?
- any other tips in general or by Ottawa applicant? Thanks
Hi I applied from Montreal and I was single, but I can share what I saw during the test and interview for family applicants.
When they called couples,they told they have to come individually. Whoever is first ,his/her partner was interviewed just after him/her. For example if you're first ,when you come back you can give the common documents to her and then she can go to the interview.
It's always good to carry all the documents you think it might help you.You don't want to be asked for the RQ.
-I have not received any letters for my kids 7 and 4 age. We applied together. Should they accompany us or should we carry their documents?
They told us if somebody has a kid, one of the parents should accompany him. I think you could ask this question from the call center to make sure,because during the test you can not bring the kids inside the test's room and that will make inconvenience for the kids and you.
Yes,it is 20 Multiple choice questions. You must get the minimum 15/20 to pass the test.
There are a lot of tests on internet,just search Canadian citizenship test 2015 ,but the most important thing is the book, you won't be able to answer the questions in the exam just by practicing the sample questions. I have done more than 5000 online sample questions but in the real exam only 6 of them were similar to the sample questions.
- any other tips in general or by Ottawa applicant?
Make sure you read the book at least for 2 or 3 times, and bring all documents that you think they might ask you in addition to the requested documents.
I hope an Ottawa applicant also responds to your questions.
Good luck!

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
thanks triplesss, very helpful.

Any one knows about kids, we applied as a family - including two kids age 7 and 4, i received letter for test and interview for myself and my wife, not communication for kids. I guess since kids are not required test and interview they dont need to be present with us when we go for test and interview? Any one with kids can confirm? I suppose they directly get citizenship once family application decision is made? thanks

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
FAS said:
thanks triplesss, very helpful.

Any one knows about kids, we applied as a family - including two kids age 7 and 4, i received letter for test and interview for myself and my wife, not communication for kids. I guess since kids are not required test and interview they dont need to be present with us when we go for test and interview? Any one with kids can confirm? I suppose they directly get citizenship once family application decision is made? thanks
CONGRATS !!! Did "line of transfer to local office' appear in your e-cas?