+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

shannyd2005

Jan 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwicanuck said:
I had my citizenship test and interview this morning in Niagara Falls. I know not many people on the forum go through this office but here's my experience anyway!

There were about 15 people there, and we began the test at 8.30am. They talk to you first about how the content of the test is confidential and not to tell other applicants the exact questions. There are 20 questions and you have to get 15 right. All of us finished within 10 minutes :) I had read the Discover Canada guide several times yesterday, and also did a number of online practice tests. Here are three of the most helpful I found:
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp
http://gvpl.ca/audiences/multicultural/citizenship-practice-test
They are a good representation of the kind of question on the test. Make sure to read the information in the coloured boxes around the edges in the Discover Canada guide also, not just the main text.

NOTE: They announced before the test that if you fail, they will make an appointment with you to sit the test again in 4 weeks; and if you fail again, you will meet with a citizenship judge.

After the test, we all waited in a room and one by one were called in to speak with one of two citizenship officials for the 'interview' portion. When it was my turn, the woman (who was very friendly and nice) gave me the results of the test, then went through my application, asking for each piece of original documentation: all passports, transcript, ID forms. Then I had to sign some documents saying I had never been arrested etc., and that all the provided information was true. Then she told me my oath ceremony would be August 28, and to expect the oath letter mid-August! Very pain-free. I was one of the last interviewed, and everyone before me came out from their interview within 10-15 minutes also.

I am so thankful to be almost finished with this process!
The very best of luck to everyone!!
Congrats Congrats! I hope we are all there shortly :)

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
Indie787 said:
Hello KiwiCanuck,

Congratulations for your success in test.I am also from St.Catharines and attending the test at NF on Aug 6.Did you have to show the residence calculator you have filled while submitting the Citizenship application form during your interview?I dont have another copy of that and does nt even remember the dates of my US trips. :'(

I used an approximate date for my US trips but dont remember the dates i put for residence calculator. :'(

Please reply.

thanks
Hi Indie787,
No I didn't have to show the residence calculator. But she did check the dates I had listed as being out of the country, against the stamps in my passports. There was no stamp for some of the dates, since I came in and out of the US several times under the same visa; and that was not a problem.
Hope this helps and good luck on the test!

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
Just finished my exam in Scarborough, GTA.. Passed with 19/20.. All the sites provided in this forum are very helpful for preparation..

Exam center will have different versions of test copies. Not all members will get same version of test questions.. (I and my husband chatted after exam and realized this fact). My husband version is little hard compared to mine.. But the bottom line is : If you read discover Canada 2-3 times.. and practice online tests.. YOU are GOOD to go

Interview Went smooth.. Office mentioned that they will check CBSA record to check our stamps and will send invitation for Oath.. She mentioned that it will take 2-3 months from now.

Another update: My file transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough. I asked officer if my Oath will be in Scarborough or Mississauga. She mentioned that Mississauga office has backlog that why other offices are helping them. Oath will be in same place as Test. In my case it will be Scarborough.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
vividind said:
Just finished my exam in Scarborough, GTA.. Passed with 19/20.. All the sites provided in this forum are very helpful for preparation..

Exam center will have different versions of test copies. Not all members will get same version of test questions.. (I and my husband chatted after exam and realized this fact). My husband version is little hard compared to mine.. But the bottom line is : If you read discover Canada 2-3 times.. and practice online tests.. YOU are GOOD to go

Interview Went smooth.. Office mentioned that they will check CBSA record to check our stamps and will send invitation for Oath.. She mentioned that it will take 2-3 months from now.

Another update: My file transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough. I asked officer if my Oath will be in Scarborough or Mississauga. She mentioned that Mississauga office has backlog that why other offices are helping them. Oath will be in same place as Test. In my case it will be Scarborough.
Congratulations that is good to know that Oath is same place as Test.

Indie787

Jul 22, 2015
kiwicanuck said:
Hi Indie787,
No I didn't have to show the residence calculator. But she did check the dates I had listed as being out of the country, against the stamps in my passports. There was no stamp for some of the dates, since I came in and out of the US several times under the same visa; and that was not a problem.
Hope this helps and good luck on the test!

Thanks KiwiCanuck :)

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vividind said:

Mississauga backlog? The office isn't hosting tests or oaths at all. She either didn't know or she made it up.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really Mississauga is not hosting oaths or test? so in that case all mississauga applicants will be taken care by scarborough office? would that just coz a backlog for scarborough?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:
Really Mississauga is not hosting oaths or test? so in that case all mississauga applicants will be taken care by scarborough office? would that just coz a backlog for scarborough?
Already has

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
akheya said:
My status doesnt even change..its stuck in "in process" since June 3rd
I feel your pain. I've been 'in process' since March 24th.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Took the test on July 29, 2015 in Vancouver. I passed the test. Met with the officer, who was very nice and we went over my absences. She seemed satisfied that my travel records were accurate. Now to wait and hear what the next step is.

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
Hello!
Haven't been in the forum since I got the AOR (March)...trying not too stress much about the process
Its nice to check back and see so many of you already taking the test - Congrats to you all!! :D

I just updated the excel sheet with my new info, my application has been in process since June 1 and transferred to local office June 5, doesn't say which location tho, it could be Scarborough or Mississauga

Hope to get more news soon
Best wishes to all :)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Received a ' Notice to appear for Citizenship Test ' :)

Though the ECAS still shows In-Process, it's not showing 'transferred to Office'

Test on Aug 18, Saskatoon ! ................

color]

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
An additional line showed up today:

We sent you a notice on July 29, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
Hi Guys
my Ecas is just updated today to "Decision made" :)
Does anybody know how long does it take from "decision made" to receive the oath letter? ::)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is my timeline
resent date :Jan 6 2015
received:2015-02-2
in process:2015-04-28
Transferred to Montreal:2015-06-03
Test date in Montreal:2015-07-23
Decision made:2015-07-31