+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
vividind said:
I would like to start a new thread to gather people information applying for Citizenship in Jan 2015.

My family ( 2 Adults,2 kids) are applying on Jan 8 2015.
Hi we have applied almost on the same date. I have applied from Vancouver. have you been schadualed for the test yet? I am afraid maybe my may lost in post!Thank you

hussaini

Jun 6, 2015
Samira.they send notification by mail 14 days before test.I check my ecas on june 17 and there was written that we sent you test invitation on june 15.Test was on june 30.same day i got invitation letter .but after few days I recieved call from coc that test is cancelled .They will send another letter with new date.

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
hussaini said:
Samira.they send notification by mail 14 days before test.I check my ecas on june 17 and there was written that we sent you test invitation on june 15.Test was on june 30.same day i got invitation letter .but after few days I recieved call from coc that test is cancelled .They will send another letter with new date.
Hi thank you for your reply did you apply in January too? I applied from Vancouver? where did you apply from.

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
finally got my test letter today (waterloo applicant, local office kitchener). It was sent on June.25. My status online is still

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 30, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on March 24, 2015.

Also, i just ordered another ATIP request like 5 days ago lol.

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
My husband's test is done today. interview officer didn't ask for anything else other than the ID, PR and about job.
He even showed the CBSA and I94 dates. All good, they asked to wait for 2-4 months for oath invitation.

And now the wait for oath begin.............

rzzzz

Jun 30, 2015
brunoc19 said:
finally got my test letter today (waterloo applicant, local office kitchener). It was sent on June.25. My status online is still

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 30, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2015.

brunoc19, I have the same situation. Not sure why nothing appears beyond line 3 in my status.

arvind6365

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/02/2010
Nomination.....
16/04/2010
AOR Received.
16/04/2010
IELTS Request
15/03/2010
File Transfer...
01/09/2010
Med's Request
17/03/2011
Med's Done....
05/05/2011
Interview........
wevied off
Passport Req..
05/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
brunoc19 said:

Hi Friend,

What is ATIP & if you request ATIP it will effect application process time or not.
How long it take to come ATIP report and What specific they talk about in this report.

Please share your knowledge and experience.

Thanks

Arvind6365

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arvind6365 said:
Hi Friend,

What is ATIP & if you request ATIP it will effect application process time or not.
How long it take to come ATIP report and What specific they talk about in this report.

Please share your knowledge and experience.

Thanks

Arvind6365
It's access to information and privacy. For your interest, you can request ATIP under Privacy Act to track any information of yourself from the government of Canada. The request will show you the most detailed application status. It takes within 30days.(normally around 30 days) I don't think it will ever affect your application because they belong to two sectors of the department. And there will be no record showing you requesting one for the section who's dealing with your application. I requested one 2 months ago since the call centre agents are always bit?hes not telling you anything. I'm planning to request one every 2 months.

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
woohooo ;D
Happy Canada day!
I have got my test date today, to write it on 23rd July.
I hope all January's applicant get their test date soon.
By the way does any body know how long does it take from writing the test to the oath?
Good luck all
my timeline:
1-sent application on December28.
2-Received the rejection notice due to the new fees Jan 22.
3-Resent the application with new fees Jan22.
4-CIC received it on Jan26.
5-acknowledging receipt of your application Feb24(was sent to the wrong email)
6-acknowledging receipt of your application April14.
7-started processing your application on April 28
8-Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 3
9-Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 17
10-We sent you a notice on June 29, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 23.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Congratulations ! :)
triplesss said:
woohooo ;D
Happy Canada day!
I have got my test date today, to write it on 23rd July.
I hope all January's applicant get their test date soon.
By the way does any body know how long does it take from writing the test to the oath?
Good luck all
my timeline:
1-sent application on December28.
2-Received the rejection notice due to the new fees Jan 22.
3-Resent the application with new fees Jan22.
4-CIC received it on Jan26.
5-acknowledging receipt of your application Feb24(was sent to the wrong email)
6-acknowledging receipt of your application April14.
7-started processing your application on April 28
8-Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 3
9-Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 17
10-We sent you a notice on June 29, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 23.

CalgaryBD

Jun 8, 2015
samschi said:
Hi CalgaryBD,

My file was transferred to the Calgary office on March 17, 2015, too. I do check the status everyday and the line in my online status was disappeared, last Tuesday. It is nothing to worry about, I think.
Could you please post something here if you get the invitation of the test?
Hi Samschi,

Any luck??

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to prepare for test?
Any tips?
Is it difficult or easy test?
I mean what kind of questions.
I read book once . Any help will be appreciated.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
josh2011 said:
How to prepare for test?
Any tips?
Is it difficult or easy test?
I mean what kind of questions.
I read book once . Any help will be appreciated.
Please read the official "Discover Canada" guide multiple times. Don't rely on free online tests to pass the test. They are just added advantage to learn the information but in order to pass the test, please concentrate and religiously study the official "Discover Canada" Guide.

Here is the link for the official guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Please read the official "Discover Canada" guide multiple times. Don't rely on free online tests to pass the test. They are just added advantage to learn the information but in order to pass the test, please concentrate and religiously study the official "Discover Canada" Guide.

Here is the link for the official guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/
Thanks!
Which documents should I take on the test day except the ones mentioned in the test invitation letter?
Do I need to take all the original documents that I attached ?