File Transfer...
13/10/10
Med's Done....
03/09/2010
Passport Req..
28/10//10
LANDED..........
04/27/2011
hi, any i am leaving the country for 8 months, what are the chance that my exam letter will be mailed during this time? any idea?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
batselei said:
hi, any i am leaving the country for 8 months, what are the chance that my exam letter will be mailed during this time? any idea?
I am not sure if any body could give you a definite answer for this questions, cause there is no definite answer for this, for different cities there are different timelines and within those timelines there are multiple timelines.....but you should call CIC and inform them about your situation, also fire them a Case Specific Inquiry so that you have a written evidence that you had informed them about your situation, this will help you in case something gets screwed

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
batselei said:
Chances are pretty high.

batselei

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
13/10/10
Med's Done....
03/09/2010
Passport Req..
28/10//10
LANDED..........
04/27/2011
gst8486 said:
I am not sure if any body could give you a definite answer for this questions, cause there is no definite answer for this, for different cities there are different timelines and within those timelines there are multiple timelines.....but you should call CIC and inform them about your situation, also fire them a Case Specific Inquiry so that you have a written evidence that you had informed them about your situation, this will help you in case something gets screwed
thanks for the reply, where can i find the case specific inquiry? is that diff from just calling the call centre?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
batselei said:
Every province has their timelines so try to look in this forum for average timelines of your province/cic office.

Here are the helpful links those might be helpful to you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=911&t=5

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

I think calling call centre would be same as submitting online case specific enquiry.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Finally file has reached Edmonton ;D

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
batselei said:
thanks for the reply, where can i find the case specific inquiry? is that diff from just calling the call centre?
Here is the link for CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRIES https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Forwarding a case specific enquiry is same as call centre but based on my experience, you can't trust call centre guys 100 %
They screwed up one of my friends case and when my friend told them that he had phoned and informed them about the change of his information they denied that any such information was provided.
I know that after a long haul you could get them to check the call records (which will take months) but having a written proof can avoid unwanted finger-pointing and delays .

batselei

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
13/10/10
Med's Done....
03/09/2010
Passport Req..
28/10//10
LANDED..........
04/27/2011
thecoolguysam said:
Every province has their timelines so try to look in this forum for average timelines of your province/cic office.

Here are the helpful links those might be helpful to you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=911&t=5

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

I think calling call centre would be same as submitting online case specific enquiry.
Thank you. Now here comes my dilemma..

You must be a permanent resident to become a citizen and not just when you apply. If you lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship, you cannot become a citizen.

My PR card says it will expire July 2016

How will i know if my citizenship will come out by then? No guarantee ryt? So does this mean i need to re apply for PR and re apply citizneship and pay the $600 fee again.. Oh my!

batselei

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
13/10/10
Med's Done....
03/09/2010
Passport Req..
28/10//10
LANDED..........
04/27/2011
gst8486 said:
Here is the link for CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRIES https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Forwarding a case specific enquiry is same as call centre but based on my experience, you can't trust call centre guys 100 %
They screwed up one of my friends case and when my friend told them that he had phoned and informed them about the change of his information they denied that any such information was provided.
I know that after a long haul you could get them to check the call records (which will take months) but having a written proof can avoid unwanted finger-pointing and delays .
Thanks, will do this

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
batselei said:

You must be a permanent resident to become a citizen and not just when you apply. If you lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship, you cannot become a citizen.

How will i know if my citizenship will come out by then? No guarantee ryt? So does this mean i need to re apply for PR and re apply citizneship and pay the $600 fee again.. Oh my!
Your PR card expiry date has nothing to do with your PR status. If you meet the minimum 2/5 years, which seems you do, then go to the interview with the expired card.

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
CanV said:
Your PR card expiry date has nothing to do with your PR status. If you meet the minimum 2/5 years, which seems you do, then go to the interview with the expired card.
He can't because soon he will be leaving country for 8 months.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
batselei said:

You can get your PR renewed for 50$ takes about 3 months and they do offer urgent processing. Have a look at the cic website regarding pr renewals.

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just checked my status online... and the last line(transferred to local office) has disappeared... what happened?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ batselei

If you have already maintained your PR obligations (met 2 out of 5 years of residency) and you would be back to Canada before expiry of your PR card, then you can re-enter without any issues and if the PR card expires, you might have to apply for travel document to re-enter Canada.

Expired PR card does not mean that your permanent resident status has also expired.

Here are few helpful links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=065&t=10

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunoc19 said:
i just checked my status online... and the last line(transferred to local office) has disappeared... what happened?
Hey man,

You're not alone as the same "transferred to local office disappeared" thing happened to me this evening too! I've no idea what's going on! Gees, I wonder what the CIC system in on to goofy up things?