+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys! A question,
The online fee reciept I got printed, it requires some information to be filled in like name, date of birth, client ID, phone no. Whose information it should be: applicants info or credit card holder?

In my case I'm the applicant. My spouse paid the fee from his credit card. And I filled in a his info on that fee reciept. Filled his name and client ID etc etc.

Is it right ? Or my information was required there?

Application recieved jan 12th, 2015

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i Believe if you are applying then u should put ur info so they can post this payment for your file processing dear may be someone else could put some more light on..

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I believe it's for the credit card holder.

josh2011 said:
Hi Guys! A question,
The online fee reciept I got printed, it requires some information to be filled in like name, date of birth, client ID, phone no. Whose information it should be: applicants info or credit card holder?

In my case I'm the applicant. My spouse paid the fee from his credit card. And I filled in a his info on that fee reciept. Filled his name and client ID etc etc.

Is it right ? Or my information was required there?

Application recieved jan 12th, 2015

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two different answers yet.
Please someone else with the same situation reply.

Any expert opinion :(

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Underneath where it says 'Approved - Thank You', it asks for Payer Information. That is where the credit card holder's information goes. Underneath that, it states that the payer's name doesn't have to be the same as the one listed on the application form. If your spouse paid for the application fee, then his information goes onto the official receipt.

On my original PR application back in 2011, my father-in-law paid for that with his credit card, so his information went on the receipt.

While waiting to land, I paid a fee to extend my visitor record past 12 months, and my information went onto the receipt.

I have a friend of mine who's child is a dual Canada / US citizen by birth, and he needed a citizenship certificate as he's Canadian by virtue of his mother. She gave me cash, and I paid the equivalent to CIC for that application with my credit card, so my information went onto that receipt.

Have I cleared it up for you?

josh2011 said:
Two different answers yet.
Please someone else with the same situation reply.

Any expert opinion :(

shannyd2005

Jan 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
Underneath where it says 'Approved - Thank You', it asks for Payer Information. That is where the credit card holder's information goes. Underneath that, it states that the payer's name doesn't have to be the same as the one listed on the application form. If your spouse paid for the application fee, then his information goes onto the official receipt.

On my original PR application back in 2011, my father-in-law paid for that with his credit card, so his information went on the receipt.

While waiting to land, I paid a fee to extend my visitor record past 12 months, and my information went onto the receipt.

I have a friend of mine who's child is a dual Canada / US citizen by birth, and he needed a citizenship certificate as he's Canadian by virtue of his mother. She gave me cash, and I paid the equivalent to CIC for that application with my credit card, so my information went onto that receipt.

I Just realized...I forgot to even fill this out :|. Will they Return my application!!! :-[ :'(

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
shannyd2005 said:
I Just realized...I forgot to even fill this out :|. Will they Return my application!!! :-[ :'(
You know, come to think of it, I don't think I actually filled out my friend's receipt either. :eek:

Nevertheless, the application for her son is in progress, and they saw no reason to return it. I can call her up tomorrow to verify whether or not I filled it out for her, but to be honest, I don't think they even care as long as they get paid.

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:

Yes I also read that note at the bottom of the receipt. But how they will come to know that it's my fee paid if the paper gets mixed up with other applications. Also I wrote my spouse's client ID. So is this also ok?

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:

Yes I also read that note at the bottom of the receipt. But how they will come to know that it's my fee paid if the paper gets mixed up with other applications. Also I wrote my spouse's client ID. So is this also ok?

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
If they were to lose the fee receipt, and have requested a new one from you, you can recover and print out the original receipt by following this link, and logging in.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?&app=epay&page=viewallreceipts&lang=en

Also, they will have emailed you (or probably your spouse) a PDF of the receipt in question, and if you still have that copy, just print it out, and you're good to go. :D

Lastly, as I had mentioned to shannyd2005, as long as they know they've got paid, they're not likely to be too fussy about the client number. For my friend, she didn't even have such a number at the time. Same as for my original PR application as well.

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
If they were to lose the fee receipt, and have requested a new one from you, you can recover and print out the original receipt by following this link, and logging in.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?&app=epay&page=viewallreceipts&lang=en

Also, they will have emailed you (or probably your spouse) a PDF of the receipt in question, and if you still have that copy, just print it out, and you're good to go. :D

Lastly, as I had mentioned to shannyd2005, as long as they know they've got paid, they're not likely to be too fussy about the client number. For my friend, she didn't even have such a number at the time. Same as for my original PR application as well.

Thanks

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The applicant's info goes on receipt, regardless of who used credit card to pay. The answer is too obvious. Does every credit card holder in the world have a client ID with CIC in Canada??

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
The credit card holder's name will already be entered onto the official receipt by CIC, before you even get to print it out. I'm afraid it can't be any more obvious than that. ::)

CanV said:
The applicant's info goes on receipt, regardless of who used credit card to pay. The answer is too obvious. Does every credit card holder in the world have a client ID with CIC in Canada??

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
The credit card holder's name will already be entered onto the official receipt by CIC, before you even get to print it out. I'm afraid it can't be any more obvious than that. ::)
Yes the card holder's name gets printed on the receipt from the info we give for credit card. So I think it's obvious that all the info should be of the person whose name is already printed there.

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
Hello my January fellows,

CIC received my application for citizenship just today Jan 21 and I realize I forgot to include the copy of biological page of my expired passport.

My question is should I send the copy of my passport following my application received today for them to add to my file, or wait until it gets returned

PS I have not had client number yet ( I only have client number in my landing document)

Thank you in advance