+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
Hi guys
I have a question. My file is in process since April 28th: "We started processing your application on April 28, 2015."
When I read the definition of "In process" in the CIC website,it is written that :
Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

but I see some applicants received an specific message that their file was transferred to their local office. ::)
So,is " in process" equal to "transferred to local office"?
By the way I applied from Montreal and I see in the excel file that nobody from Montreal got the specific message regarding sending the file to the local office.
Good luck ;D

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
triplesss said:
Hi guys
I have a question. My file is in process since April 28th: "We started processing your application on April 28, 2015."
When I read the definition of "In process" in the CIC website,it is written that :
Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

but I see some applicants received an specific message that their file was transferred to their local office. ::)
So,is " in process" equal to "transferred to local office"?
By the way I applied from Montreal and I see in the excel file that nobody from Montreal got the specific message regarding sending the file to the local office.
Good luck ;D
When the file is transferred, you would be able to see another line stating that the file has been transferred to your local office.

Sometimes, e-cas updates and sometimes not. Please be patient and and within span of few days to few weeks the file would be transferred.

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
My file got transferred to scarbrough office.
here is my time line.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 23, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 3, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 19, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on May 21, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

Waiting for the next move. Hope things will move well for everyone as well. Wish you the best for everone. :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p

huxiangn

Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys. This is my newest timeline:

Application received--Jan 23rd

AOR sent via email--Mar 3rd

Processing--April 13th

Transferred to Mississauga office--May 21st

I have one question: I will apply for a UK student visa soon and it will take about 10 business days, which means my passport will be held in the UK embassy for about 10 business days. If my test and interview were scheduled during this time by which I'm impossible to show them my passport, what should I do?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huxiangn said:

Processing--April 13th

I have one question: I will apply for a UK student visa soon and it will take about 10 business days, which means my passport will be held in the UK embassy for about 10 business days. If my test and interview were scheduled during this time by which I'm impossible to show them my passport, what should I do?
Wish you best of luck.
Keep in mind time frame of 70 to 90 days in mostly cases for test invitation after file transferred to Mississiauga office .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
huxiangn said:

Processing--April 13th

Make sure you have your passport handy before the interview else if you attend your test/interview without the passport (which covers the previous 4 relevant years) then your application might be delayed. Also, keep in mind, CIC officer will need your passports held in past 4 relevant years to check your stamps to verify/cross reference with your online residence calculator sheet . Don't take any chances.

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
Finally officially In Process!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 21, 2015.

I'm expecting my local office to be the Niagara Falls office, since I'm in St. Catharines. This seems to be a pretty uncommon office so it will be interesting to see how the timeline compares to other GTA applicants :)

Congrats to everyone else In Process/Transferred, and good luck to those still waiting.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar_fabrics said:
Wish you best of luck.
Keep in mind time frame of 70 to 90 days in mostly cases for test invitation after file transferred to Mississiauga office .
is it? I really hope so mine transferred on April 8th to Mississauga office but I hardly hear any updates!

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally...74 days

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 7, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 13, 2015.

sheet updated...

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.