+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

jan 2012 intake. is it too late for int students?

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I want to apply to uni of Regina, Saskatchewan, Ottowa and a few others for a Masters/ PhD in Education. These uni have said that I can apply for the Jan 2012 session but i am worried that I wont be able to get a visa in time. Anyone had the experience of applying as an international student and getting uni approval and visa in 4 months?
would appreciate all feedback. thanks.

U

unlucky19

My classes will start on 7 september.and because this date is mentioned on acceptance letter from stouffville colg.

I got a refusal letter on 15 august.

Now i m going to resubmit my application to islamabad canadian embassy with first acceptance letter tomorrow.I also mailed to college for my refusal of study visa.

i want to get a new acceptance letter or can i use first acceptance letter.

U

unlucky19

My classes will start on 7 september.and because this date is mentioned on acceptance letter from stouffville colg.

I got a refusal letter on 15 august.

Now i m going to resubmit my application to islamabad canadian embassy with first acceptance letter tomorrow.I also mailed to college for my refusal of study visa.

i want to get a new acceptance letter or can i use first acceptance letter.

muzamilcjl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
03 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
04 Aug 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26 Aug 2011 (delivered on 30 Aug 2011)
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Hello,
I want to apply to uni of Regina, Saskatchewan, Ottowa and a few others for a Masters/ PhD in Education. These uni have said that I can apply for the Jan 2012 session but i am worried that I wont be able to get a visa in time. Anyone had the experience of applying as an international student and getting uni approval and visa in 4 months?
would appreciate all feedback. thanks.
As far as I know, Uni of Regina takes approx 3 months (from the date they receive ur documents till the date u receive the admission letter) to complete ur application. Same is the case for a few other universities that take approx 2-3 months to the decision. I highly doubt that you would be able to secure a visa to join classes January (if you are applying from Pakistan).

P.S. University approval normally takes 2-3 months (could be even more). Visa process takes 3-4 months (from Pakistan).

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
Ok i am reply a bit late in this post but who cares anyway if you still wanna read it, be my guest.

Ok! a piece of advise be very careful when apply for University of Regina, fist they take too much time in application assessment and second their admission department some times provide wrong information ( like in my case) so be careful always counter check the information from the faculty in which you are planning to apply.

CHAO

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank u so much for your advise. it really helps.
That means that if I wanna apply for jan the uni wont send me a confirmation before oct end atleast ( it will be two months then )and the cic website says it takes about 8-10 weeks for processing from pakistan after all papers r received.

so its a major risk. now if I do get in, wonderful.....but if the visa doesnt arrive on time then whats the enxt step to take? reapply for sept ?

pls advise.

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
The major advantage in Saskatchewan province is that all universities have 3 intakes a year.
So you can apply for May Session, but honestly speaking i don't recommend you to apply in UoR, you see I filed my case in April and I am still waiting for the admission letter, and in this period I contacted them several times, In my opinion although the university is not very prestigious the main reason for this is Saskatchewan region have only 2 universities and so they have limited number of seats for international students.

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for ur advise. I have applied to both uni of saks n UoR. I desperately wanted to join in the jan session so my choice of uni was v limited for a masters in education. however, if i dont get accepted then i guess i will apply for may or sept . I am also v worried that i wont get a visa as my past academics is MBA n now I am applying for master's in education. so lets see.

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
I don't think it's too late at all. I applied at Centennial College 1st week of May 2011 and got an acceptance letter letter the same month. Then applied for student visa 1st week of June and then got a student visa in July 17. So that's around 2 months in length. But my schooling starts on January 2012 so I applied pretty early.

Good luck with your application! :)