Jan 11 ITA Recipients >>>>CONVERGE Here for next STEPS

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamDK said:
Hello!
I received my ITA too in this draw, yai!
I've been gathering my documents in the meantime and trying to figure out how to fill out the rest of the application and what kinds of supporting documents they will ask for.
And I know that I won't know exactly until my personal document checklist has been generated... That being said...
I am quite confused (and also suddenly nervous) about one part:

Proof of funds:
I have been in Canada for the past 3 years, I am a recent graduate. I have excellent credit history here, I do not own anything (e.g a car, house/apartment, so any larger purchases). I do not have any debt here.
I do have a job, but it is temporary. As far as I understood, when filling out the initial application, proof of funds was only necessary if I weren't already here. But by already being here, having a valid work permit, (though still waiting for my actual PGWP) and actually having an income it shouldn't be necessary to provide any proof. Now I suddenly see a change in this description: now only the 'valid job offer' (fulltime, minimum one year, etc.) counts.
Even after this job may or may not expire (it is a university based job, fund granted) I have other employment opportunities to ensure an income.
So my question is: have I done something wrong when claiming I had the sufficient funds?
Should I write a LOE once I am at that part of my application, meaning once I am ready to upload my documentation?

Another random, yet important question:
Does anyone else scratch their heads trying to figure out old addresses of where they used to live, when they have travelled, exact dates, etc?
In the past ten years I have travelled a lot and lived many places, but I cannot remember exact dates. Only months and years... I don't have my old passport anymore to confirm any of this travelling and I have not kept receipts and plane tickets for the past ten years...
1 - If you've been invited under the CEC program you do not need to show POF, otherwise you'll have to prove that you have such funds as you do not have a valid job offer.

2 - Fill them out to your best capabilities.

SamDK

Jul 6, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
1 - If you've been invited under the CEC program you do not need to show POF, otherwise you'll have to prove that you have such funds as you do not have a valid job offer.

2 - Fill them out to your best capabilities.
Thank you for your reply!
Alright, I need to figure this out with my bank then as I have been invited under FSW.
The process is very confusing as the initial questions led me to believe that already being here and actually legally working and thus having an income (while not necessarily having to be the golden 'valid job offer') was acceptable.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamDK said:
Thank you for your reply!
Alright, I need to figure this out with my bank then as I have been invited under FSW.
The process is very confusing as the initial questions led me to believe that already being here and actually legally working and thus having an income (while not necessarily having to be the golden 'valid job offer') was acceptable.
Nope, unfortunately working on a PGWP does not constitute having a valid job offer.

Good luck!

Sington

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Hi guys,

I have changed my employer in November and did not update the EE profile after that. But I got my ITA this month. Is is ok to update the employer information after I get ITA or does it effect my scores?
I appreciate your advice. Thanks for your response in advance!

Regards

Jul 11, 2016
Hey guys,

not sure if this has been asked before, are we supposed to submit transcripts for our study from back home or do I just need to attach my ECA and the degree certificate? I know the transcripts for studies in Canada is required and I have that one.

thanks.

Jan 14, 2017
aayushri said:
My passport has 2-3 pages left.

Can I renew my passport before putting in my application?

Will that affect my ITA?
I have the same type of question. Does anybody know?

1. How long must the expire date be before applying?
2. Can I renew my passport between receiving the ITA and really applying?

Estella8

Jan 15, 2017
Re: Jan 11 ITA Recipients >>>>CONVERGE Here for next STEPS - US police report

Hi all

I was so excited to get an ITA in the last round but now I'm already pretty frustrated... :-(

I lived in the US for 9 months 12 years ago and therefore need a police report from the FBI. I just found out that it takes 12-14 weeks (!!) to get one and as a non US citizen or non permanent resident I cannot use a channeler to speed up the process.

Do I have to decline the ITA? I sent the letter to the FBI today but there is no way the report will get back to me on time. Or does this case qualify as "exceptional circumstance"? But if yes, how can I hand in the report after submitting my profile? It clearly says on the cic website that they will not accept police reports by (e)mail, so there is basically no way I could send it after the deadline...?

I would be very, very grateful for some advice. I feel so stupid for not having ordered a police report from the US before the ITA but I honestly didn't consider that it could take that long... :-((

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Estella8 said:
Hi all

I was so excited to get an ITA in the last round but now I'm already pretty frustrated... :-(

I lived in the US for 9 months 12 years ago and therefore need a police report from the FBI. I just found out that it takes 12-14 weeks (!!) to get one and as a non US citizen or non permanent resident I cannot use a channeler to speed up the process.

Do I have to decline the ITA? I sent the letter to the FBI today but there is no way the report will get back to me on time. Or does this case qualify as "exceptional circumstance"? But if yes, how can I hand in the report after submitting my profile? It clearly says on the cic website that they will not accept police reports by (e)mail, so there is basically no way I could send it after the deadline...?

I would be very, very grateful for some advice. I feel so stupid for not having ordered a police report from the US before the ITA but I honestly didn't consider that it could take that long... :-((
You have to wait for your PCC to arrive during your ITA, if you do not receive it within 90 days you can submit your eAPR (few days before your ITA expires) along with a receipt to show that you've applied for US PCC.

Estella8

Jan 15, 2017

DelPiero07 said:
You have to wait for your PCC to arrive during your ITA, if you do not receive it within 90 days you can submit your eAPR (few days before your ITA expires) along with a receipt to show that you've applied for US PCC.
Thx a lot for your quick reply!! But how can I send the report to the Canadians once I actually got it? As it says on the cic website:

NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Estella8 said:
Thx a lot for your quick reply!! But how can I send the report to the Canadians once I actually got it? As it says on the cic website:

NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.
You can send a CSE - Case Specific Enquiry - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Estella8

Jan 15, 2017

DelPiero07 said:
You can send a CSE - Case Specific Enquiry
Aww you totally saved my day, thank you so much!! :)

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Hi ,

I have a question regarding Educational degree Upload.

Description given as "• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education."

In this file, do we need to club together WES Letter + Degree Certificate + Transcripts.

Is this the order all you guys following ? Please confirm. And where do we need to follow IELTS Results ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OptimisticHope said:
Hi ,

I have a question regarding Educational degree Upload.

Description given as "• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education."

In this file, do we need to club together WES Letter + Degree Certificate + Transcripts.

Is this the order all you guys following ? Please confirm. And where do we need to follow IELTS Results ?
Yes, you can merge all those together and people also include the IETLS in the education placeholder.

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Hi, do i need to add my highschool information in the study and languages section? it does mention secondary details..