+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jamaica

AngieRobinson

Sep 11, 2018
Hi guys, our application was received last Sept 2017, and until now no passport request yet (Jamaica).
Is anyone here can give me an idea how long the process in Jamaica.

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.

AngieRobinson

Sep 11, 2018
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.
Am just wondering because its gonna be a year this month n until now we don't hear anything from KVO. We got an interviewed already last June 28th.

AngieRobinson

Sep 11, 2018
I'm confused as to why they didn't ask you to bring the passport to the interview. Do you think the interview went well? I think you should email Kingston asking for a status update.
The interviewed went well and the officer told my husband that our marriage is real, but the officer said we need to pay first the deportation fee before we send the passport, coz my husband had a deportation papers when he left the Canada. We paid the deportation fee on the June 28th morning then we said the passport to the embassy same day.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
The interviewed went well and the officer told my husband that our marriage is real, but the officer said we need to pay first the deportation fee before we send the passport, coz my husband had a deportation papers when he left the Canada. We paid the deportation fee on the June 28th morning then we said the passport to the embassy same day.
When was the due date for payment? You should be getting your passport back by Sept 28.

AngieRobinson

Sep 11, 2018
When was the due date for payment? You should be getting your passport back by Sept 28.
There was no due date for the payment, the officer instructed us to pay it online, print the receipt and send it together with the passport. she said my husband supposed to get the visa the same of the interviewed if he don't have any deportation papers before.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
There was no due date for the payment, the officer instructed us to pay it online, print the receipt and send it together with the passport. she said my husband supposed to get the visa the same of the interviewed if he don't have any deportation papers before.
Usually it's 30-90 days. If it's not picked up this month and returned you should email them.