+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I've been here for almost 2 years and a half, need help.

PieroG

Jul 5, 2013
Hello!

I am a 20 years old brazilian guy, at first I went to toronto to study english for 8 months in 2010, went back to brazil after that but then I enrolled Vancouver film school to study game design for one year, after studying ... i got a post-graduate work permit, I've been working in my company for almost 11 months now, my work permit is going to expire before i complete 12 months but I REALLY want to continue working for my company, they can't get an LMO because the LMO requirements apparently are higher now, my job falls under a graphic designer position (But really i am a game designer_ and I don't get paid the median wage described in the website for this position, so probably my LMO will get refused?

I am just searching for options, can anybody give me any good advice? I really need it ... I've been here for so long and I really love canada and my job.

Piero

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a work permit anyway, that way you'll be under implied status for a few months and hopefully you'll have enough experience for CEC by the time you receive a rejection.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you could also look into Opportunities Ontario... (the PNP program for Ontario) -
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/

You could apply for a work permit as soon as the Ontario portion of the application is approved. That takes longer than a month, but it would get you back working sooner than waiting for the CEC application to finish -

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
PieroG said:
but would i be able to work in BC?
Once you are a permanent resident you can work anywhere (unless they ask you for certain number of years of commitment). However at the very least during the process you would have to live within the same province that selected you for PNP.

PieroG

Jul 5, 2013
So why apply for PNO ontario instead of PNP bc? just processing times or what? and do you guys know if i will be able to work once i get nominated? (my work permit will be expired by then)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
PieroG said:
but would i be able to work in BC?
Sorry, you said you went to school in Ontario, are you currently working in BC?

If so, you can check the PNP program for BC -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

MiniMonkey

Jul 3, 2013
HI Jes

Can I applyn under CEC if I finished only one year program in Ontario?
PLease let me know.... :((( so worry now.