+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It's been 10 months

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hey guys!
It's been 10 months since I submitted my application- I received an invitation to apply within a few days after my initial submission. My point was around 485 I guess. Thanks to my IELTS grade, Master's degree, age, experience & sibling! But those were my last lucky days. 10 months and I still haven't seen any updates!!! Background...Eligibility...... IN PROGRESS.... Nothing has been changed. Things were good till I got my medical updated. But, the so-called 6-month timeline is gone. I should have received the decision by the first week of February, before the pandemic.
----
3 days ago I received this email: We're still working on your application - which I believe is some auto- email every single applicant received.
--
Please help me get over this situation. I cannot understand why this has happened to me. Always respected immigration laws believed in hard work; but I see careless people in a better situation now. I could have stayed illegally in some European countries while I was a student like thousands of successful people out there, but never wanted to do so & will never regret it. However, I still haven't got my award. 3 years ago, I was a successful academic kind of a person, but failed to secure a place in prestigious universities. Then I decided to immigrate & this has happened to me. I know there are thousands of people who have worked harder than me & and I respect them, but don't people like me deserve a PR after nearly a year of waiting? What are the priorities in a points-based system?

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Even in normal times, 20% of applications take longer than 6 months.

These are far from normal times of course. There is a global pandemic going on and IRCC have a reduced capacity. Everything is taking longer.

So I doubt it is anything you have or haven't done. You will need to have patience.
I deeply appreciate your reply. Well, I thought points will help me get it in less than 6 months. Unfortunately, Covid-19 was declared pandemic on March 11, nearly a month after my estimated day! :(

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Hey guys!
It's been 10 months since I submitted my application- I received an invitation to apply within a few days after my initial submission. My point was around 485 I guess. Thanks to my IELTS grade, Master's degree, age, experience & sibling! But those were my last lucky days. 10 months and I still haven't seen any updates!!! Background...Eligibility...... IN PROGRESS.... Nothing has been changed. Things were good till I got my medical updated. But, the so-called 6-month timeline is gone. I should have received the decision by the first week of February, before the pandemic.
----
3 days ago I received this email: We're still working on your application - which I believe is some auto- email every single applicant received.
--
Please help me get over this situation. I cannot understand why this has happened to me. Always respected immigration laws believed in hard work; but I see careless people in a better situation now. I could have stayed illegally in some European countries while I was a student like thousands of successful people out there, but never wanted to do so & will never regret it. However, I still haven't got my award. 3 years ago, I was a successful academic kind of a person, but failed to secure a place in prestigious universities. Then I decided to immigrate & this has happened to me. I know there are thousands of people who have worked harder than me & and I respect them, but don't people like me deserve a PR after nearly a year of waiting? What are the priorities in a points-based system?
Sorry about this. Have you ordered gcms notes?

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
IRCC has never promised the process will be finished within 6 months. If you're FSW, then there's cold comfort that because of Covid-19, IRCC has almost stopped issuing COPR to FSW-outland applicants.

Be patient and contain your frustration and anger, and stop implying people with a lower score than yours don't deserve to get a PR before you do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I deeply appreciate your reply. Well, I thought points will help me get it in less than 6 months. Unfortunately, Covid-19 was declared pandemic on March 11, nearly a month after my estimated day! :(
There is no priority processing for higher scores. How long it takes to process an application depends on factors such as the review of your file, background checks, security checks, etc.

As others have said, all processing is delayed right now due to COVID-19. Nothing you can do but wait.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
IRCC has never promised the process will be finished within 6 months. If you're FSW, then there's cold comfort that because of Covid-19, IRCC has almost stopped issuing COPR to FSW-outland applicants.

Be patient and contain your frustration and anger, and stop implying people with a lower score than yours don't deserve to get a PR before you do.
No! I never put people in a pigeonhole nor did I mean to look down on others. Plz don't get me wrong. I'm just frustrated because I thought someone with 480+ should have got it in 6 months. I'm not in the position to decide for other express entry candidates and I respect them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No! I never put people in a pigeonhole nor did I mean to look down on others. Plz don't get me wrong. I'm just frustrated because I thought someone with 480+ should have got it in 6 months. I'm not in the position to decide for other express entry candidates and I respect them.
Processing time has nothing to do with how many points you have. Those with more points do not get priority or faster processing.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
No. I just sent a web form application.
Do it.
I didn't heard about my application in 6 months and I orderded the GCMS notes to see that my employment letters needed to be updated.
Once I submitted the updated documents, I got PPR two weeks after that.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Do it.
I didn't heard about my application in 6 months and I orderded the GCMS notes to see that my employment letters needed to be updated.
Once I submitted the updated documents, I got PPR two weeks after that.
"Please note that only a person living in Canada or having Permanent Residence in Canada can apply. " ???

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
"Please note that only a person living in Canada or having Permanent Residence in Canada can apply. " ???
Correct + Canadian citizens anywhere in the world can also apply; they don't have to be in Canada. The latter is helpful if an outland applicant knows a Canadian in his/her home country then they can request as well.

Reactions: Sam Sh