+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Its all about Canada f M

True Dreams

Jan 3, 2014
Hello,

Actually the question which i m asking is too personal but i dnt knw where to get help from.
So i choose dis site.

Can a person with HiV positive apply for study permit and is allowed to study in canadian instituitions.

If one can show & proof the funds required for the medical treatment there in canada then is it possible??

any help will be truly appreciated & may god bless u all.

Its my dream to study in canada . :)

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada does have rules set up to prevent people with health issues that would be either a burdon on the society or a threat to the public. I if HIV falls within either or both categories is hard to tell. These days an HIV diagnosis is no longer a death sentence as many people live fully functional for a long time, as you would probably already know.

I do have a friend here who is a Canadian immigrant and has HIV. Sadly, I have no idea if he contracted or was diagnosed before or after he immigrated to Canada. He's been here for many many years.

I think your best option is actually to talk to a Canadian certified immigration lawyer.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
HIV does not mean an automatic bar from entering Canada

As an International Student you will be covered under private health insurance and it depends on the insurance company if and how much they will cover for your medications etc.

Once you apply for a PGWP and eventually PR, CIC will have your health care provider run tests and estimate how much medical treatment you will require. Based on this info, CIC can decide that you will be too much of a burden on the Canadian health system and decline your application. As a point to note, if you are denied for excessive demand any other applicant applying with you (spouse, minor children) will be denied as well. There is no way for anyone (including you) to know what your health will be like at that stage and what costs will be associated with your treatment. With advances in medicine, I hope and pray that they will find a cure for HIV soon.

My suggestion is to contact the International Student Admissions centre for the college/university you are planning on applying to. I am sure that you are not the first HIV+ person who has contacted them and they will be able to guide you and tell you what is and isn't possible. This should be your first step before consulting with an expensive immigration attorney.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
txboyscout raises a few very valid points. I just want to add that lawyers should give you a half hour of free consultation.

True Dreams

Jan 3, 2014
I dnt knw how to thnx both of u..

Dats realy a first positive info u have shared wid me..

Thank u so mch fr ur help & your kindness ..