+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Italian Police Certificates

Tantallon

Jan 23, 2017
Hello,

I have a number of questions regarding the acquisition of two certificates from Italy: Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti (certificate of outstanding criminal proceedings) and a Certificato del casellario giudizale (general certificate). My partner is a British citizen, born in the UK, and is being sponsored as my common law partner. We do not live in Italy, and need to order these by mail.

I've looked at a number of earlier posts on this forum, but none seem to answer these questions definitively. I hope someone can help us!

1) The Canadian Immigration website seems to suggest that one of these (carichi pendenti) needs to be acquired from the place where he last lived (Venice). However, the Ministero della Giustizia says that records for foreigners are held in Rome. So, should we apply to Rome (Tribunali di Roma) for both certificates?

2) How did you send payment? The Ministero della Giustizia says to ask to the local office. We've contacted the Tribunali di Roma to ask, but no one's replied...It's been over a month.

3) If any of you have been in contact with Rome, did they send you forms in the mail? I realise that there are forms available through the Canadian Immigration website, but I'm not certain if these are updated.

Thank you very much for any help!!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Try this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-police-certificates-from-italy-t124869.0.html

AJ1234

May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront - then expired - requested new medical 30-11-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Ah yes, we had the pleasure of dealing with this....just ensure you are getting BOTH certificates and not make the mistake we did and only get the general certificate (which we thought included both). I would include the form and instructions with my reply, but I can't seem to attach anything to this post.

I got all the information we needed and the forms by emailing this address:

Procura ROMA Casellario <casellario.procura.roma@giustizia.it>
Just let them know what you are looking for and they will send it right to you.

Anyways, for your questions, yes you will apply through Rome for the certifcates, the certificates will reflect where your spouse resided (as indicated on the application form).

For payment we included a bank draft, as indicated on the instruction sheet and everything was good - I added a couple extra bucks for postage just in case.

All in all, it was quite stressful trying to find the correct information as it's not easily attainable.

And just an FYI - it took a couple months to get the certificates back.

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Ah yes, we had the pleasure of dealing with this....just ensure you are getting BOTH certificates and not make the mistake we did and only get the general certificate (which we thought included both). I would include the form and instructions with my reply, but I can't seem to attach anything to this post.

I got all the information we needed and the forms by emailing this address:

Procura ROMA Casellario <casellario.procura.roma@giustizia.it>
Just let them know what you are looking for and they will send it right to you.

Anyways, for your questions, yes you will apply through Rome for the certifcates, the certificates will reflect where your spouse resided (as indicated on the application form).

For payment we included a bank draft, as indicated on the instruction sheet and everything was good - I added a couple extra bucks for postage just in case.

All in all, it was quite stressful trying to find the correct information as it's not easily attainable.

And just an FYI - it took a couple months to get the certificates back.
Hi There -- I'm going to do the same now, and not sure how to send a bank draft from Dubai, as there are no Italian banks here. I called the numbers they said to send cash. Not sure about that either. What bank did you use to send a bank draft? Do banks such as HSBC / City bank work?

Thanks

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Hello,

I have a number of questions regarding the acquisition of two certificates from Italy: Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti (certificate of outstanding criminal proceedings) and a Certificato del casellario giudizale (general certificate). My partner is a British citizen, born in the UK, and is being sponsored as my common law partner. We do not live in Italy, and need to order these by mail.

I've looked at a number of earlier posts on this forum, but none seem to answer these questions definitively. I hope someone can help us!

1) The Canadian Immigration website seems to suggest that one of these (carichi pendenti) needs to be acquired from the place where he last lived (Venice). However, the Ministero della Giustizia says that records for foreigners are held in Rome. So, should we apply to Rome (Tribunali di Roma) for both certificates?

2) How did you send payment? The Ministero della Giustizia says to ask to the local office. We've contacted the Tribunali di Roma to ask, but no one's replied...It's been over a month.

3) If any of you have been in contact with Rome, did they send you forms in the mail? I realise that there are forms available through the Canadian Immigration website, but I'm not certain if these are updated.

Thank you very much for any help!!
Hey there,
Here is what I did two years ago: I printed out the forms, filled them out, put them in an envelope, put 25 euros again in the envelope and mailed to Rome( tribunali). It was a huge risk not o get anything but after 1,5 months they sent me the certificate I asked for.
I did not obtain carichi pendenti, and I am not sure if that was needed as well.
Second time, my visa office asked me to submit the updated police check from Italy. They did not specify whether it should be general or carichi prndenti. this time I asked one of my friend in Italy to represent me to collect the certificate. ( she did not go to Rome) She managed to get it in 2 days from the local guidiziale.
Hope it helps.